Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, January 19, 2009

Why do I love the Steelers??

Some dogs have asked why I love the Steelers since I live in AZ? Well, my Mom was born in a teeny tiny town in Western PA and grew up watching the Steelers and loving them. Even though she has lived in Arizona for 12 years, she still LOVES her Steelers. Once a Steelers fan, ALWAYS a Steelers fan.

In honor of my team I put together the following movie...


Pittsburgh Steelers Polka from Rhonda on Vimeo.

25 Stains:

Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

Congrats on the Steelers playoff win! I'm sure it is in large part due to your mama's (and your) faithfulness as die-hard fans!

I think it's absolutely funny that you had to return the Cardinals cheerleaders. What did you think was going to happen when you get a bunch of cheery barely-clad women in your house altogether. OF COURSE they had a smoothie machine! Hope you got everything all cleaned up ~ especially Tanner's barf. (Did he leave a stain? What color was it?)

Now, get some rest! You have a Super Bowl to prepare for, man!

Goober love & Superbowl smooches,
Stanley

12:26 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow that was pawstumping awesome guys....I have no idea about your American Football....but anything that provides funky music ...snacks...and men in spandex cant be all bad....so Goooooo Steelers...

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all should get some $$$ from the Steelers for product placement. You two are their cutest fans. I love you Tanner, esp.

1:50 AM  
Blogger chelsea + apple said...

Thats great that your's mom is a very committed supporter of her favorites team!! and for so long!

<3 Apple

2:54 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Thinking of you and your family on this momentous Day!

lotsaluv, Jeannie and Marvin xxxxx

4:12 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

They need to show that movie on the jumbo tron at the game. The fans will go wild! You are their number one fans for sure.

Slobbers,
Mango

6:16 AM  
Blogger Raising Addie said...

Great video!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

Kisses
Addie

6:52 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

My lady can't stop laughing, she thinks that video is really, really funny! GO STEELERS!

Murph

8:35 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Do me a favor and squish those cardinals, will you? We're Patriots fans over here and we really don't like those nasty little birds this year. I won't even lower myself and eat one. Yeah, I'm that peeved.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, what an awesome video! We were tapping our paws to the music and smiling away! Go Steelers!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

11:35 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Yeah... our mom was born in Pittsburgh, between moves, and it's in her blood somehow!
Ha rooooo!
Play bows,
Zim

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

That'was a great movie!! We're excited about the game, too! Dad says he was hoping AZ would make it if the Steelers didn't because he has to cheer for the Steelers no matter what.
Kaos

1:03 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Good lukhk but.....

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mango is khorrekht - they really need to play that fur your publikh!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Joe, I love the movie - well done. I posted a stain for your expert review. Please let me know what you think.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Joseph,

Your mom is so talented. I am excited that the Steelers are going to the Superbowl!

Does this mean that you will bet a super bowl as well? If so, do you have to share with Tanner?

I am going to have to stand on the sports section more often to find out what exactly is going on in the wide world of sports.

your northern pal,

ernesto

2:30 PM  
Blogger ernestpuppy said...

Hey, I have my own log in! Ernest!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey and Tanner, u izz their #1 fans...

b safe,
~rocky~

3:34 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

W00T!!! I love polka! And I love the Steelers! We are SO gonna pummel those Cardinals!

Sherman

3:42 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh, OK. I understand now. Because it gives the Doofus lots of chances to look Doofussy, right?

gussie

5:03 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh that's such a great movie! My ma ape understands because she hasn't lived in Nebraska for over 10 years but she still roots for the Huskers. The unexplained thing, though, is why she roots for the Seahawks and has since she was just a wee one, long before she ever set foot in Seattle! Maybe she just knew she would find me there?

It's gonna be SO AWESOME when the Stillers beat the Cardi-nots and you can wear your Steelers gear about town.

wally t.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joe,
Although I'm heartbroken about my Iggles, I'll be rooting for the Steelers in the Superbowl, cuz they're PA too.
Do me a favor and have them kick those Cardinal butts!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

5:18 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

THAT WAS FABULOUS!
Your pal, Morgan

6:53 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Joey...

Yer a gem, fer sure....yes siree....and a Steeler fan extraordinaire....tell yer Mom if she wants ta shed a tear or two ta click on this link and watch the video about the Steeler Nation....it's a few years old but never goes out of style...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1527321414

The Steeler Nation stretches all around the world and back again.
Go Steelers !!!

Dewey Dewster here....

9:11 PM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

We want the STEELERS to win the super bowl! WE miss you guys....our furless sister gets all of the attention - NOT TRUE (mom)

Your long lost pals,
Waylon & Willie

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be a superbowl sunday commercial! - missy

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home