Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting ready for the game...

Sorry we haven't been around as much but we are preparing for the HUGE game!




Tanner is sharpening his shank, I told him that shanks are not allowed in the game, but he has a one track mind. I am in the background meditating on the game, like Mango!




I know I might get called into the game on Sunday so I am practicing several moves and positions. Here I am holding for the kicker, gotta have the laces out!!!



Here I am practicing drawing Dad Off Sides. Did you see him flinch first!! I GOT HIM! For that we got a treat. Tanner was clearly not in position at ALL but he got a treat too.

Finally I am practicing my running back skills...



NOBODY is going to catch me!!!


GO STEELERS!!!

25 Stains:

Blogger Emily and Ike said...

You must be so totally excited!!!!
Ike

6:19 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Dude! YOu're gonna do GREAT! Now, more importantly, what snacks are you going to have during the game!!!???!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joe and Tanner, good job practicing in case they call u to play...heehee me almost missed the running action, it wuz quick...

b safe,
~rocky~

6:55 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great practice session, Joe. Hope woo get a chance to show your speed on Sunday.

Woos, the OP Pack

7:17 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I hope all your prakhtice and prep pays off...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Go Iggles! Oh wait, sorry Boys...go Khardinals...Mom says if one is from Philadelphia, one khan never cheer for the town that is really part of oHIo! Do woo want me to bite her somewhere?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I bet you can't wait...

Keep practicing those moves...I'm sure we'll see you in the game...

Looks like you play Offense & Defense...You might be the MVP...

Go, Steelers!!!

Abby xxxooo

7:23 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! My mom came home early today and we watched a bit of Ellen and she was wearing a Steelers shirt. She must have been flirting with you. I might be jealous.

xo
SB

7:43 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my Joey...what IS that gross dot on Tanner's face? How exactly is it transmitted?? Hmm...

Kay...first of all week took that pic of you with the Troy Hair and put it on our desktop in the place of honor...

Second...we went into Build A Bear at the mall...they have Troy hair you can add to the teddy bears you can make...you'd have loved it.

Thirdly...did ya hear they remade the Mean Joe Green coke commercial with Troy??? Pretty cool huh...though the paper said they were messin' with pawfection. Actually, Jerome remade tha commercial a couple of years ago...no one whined then...

All that practicin' is important Joey...all my bros have been doin' is stoopid stuff...check out Stanley's latest screwup...Mumsie's not speakin' to him...

You'll be hearin' from us more...

Laciegirl

7:50 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh man what is your mom making for the game. I bet it's good. You run fast for an older guy.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Aw Joey 'n Tanner....

Ya have ta be the best Steeler fans ever....we thought ya might like ta ruminate the followin' poem that Gram got in email taday.....

Curse Of The Terrible Towel
A Poem By Dave Crawley

There is power, they say, in the towels that wave.
Like black and gold shrouds on the visitor's grave.
It's a mojo opponents should never neglect.
The Terrible Towel requires respect.

Then this! A deed unspeakably foul!
The Tennessee Titans defiles the towel!
Although their crass actions made Steeler fans wince,
You'll notice that Titan team hasn't won since.

They lost to the Colts. Then the Ravens came in,
A game Tennessee was expected to win.
But the curse of the towel gave Tennessee shakes,
As they sank in a series of stunning mistakes.

Our Black and Gold guys had a much different story.
Santonio Holmes led the gal! lop to glory.
Fast Willie scored, and the Steelers were winning.
For the Chargers the torment was only beginning.

Third quarter. Alas, on the Bolts' only play,
Foote gives them the boot, and he takes it away.
The towels were twirling as Ben let it go,
And the much maligned offense was starting to flow.

That towel brings sorcery into the fray.
If you don't believe it, well, check out this play.
To add to the Chargers' grim feelings of dread,
A punt that careened off this poor fellow's head.

The message, of course, as we hooted with glee,
From the Terrible Towel: Do not tread on me.
A word to the Ravens. The moment draws nigh.
This is the reason you're still flying high.

The Titans besmirched it, and now to our glee
They will be watching this game on TV.
As you enter the confines where Steeler fans howl:
Beware of the curse of the Terrible Towel.

Hope yer towels are all ready fer Sunday....wave 'em long 'n hard....
Go Steelers !!!!!!

Dewey Dewster here.....

8:10 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

Yeah! Go Steelers! Mom knew a BIG Steelers fan a couple of years ago, she knows the woman must be thrilled right now and wavin' that towel. Mom just watches the game for the commercials...

Rudy

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I know you are very excited about the game!
Yes, good job practicing!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

You are totally READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! I'm with Wally, though. Let's get down to the important stuff! Let's hear the rundown on your snack menu!

Goober love,
Stanley

12:27 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We know how psyched you guys must be! Practicing your moves is a great idea! Are you counting down the hours till gametime yet, Joey?!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

3:06 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I wasn't even going to watch the game (no Patriots, sigh), but now that I know they'll be putting you in, I better stay tuned.

I am curious as to whether you had actual cookies in that first movie. It appears you might have fallen victim to air treats. I never saw a cookie.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:41 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

You can run without all your hair? That is pretty good. Let's have snacks galore. GO STEELERS!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

No Fumbles DUDE!! GO STEELERS

5:47 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Great FAKE! Remember that when he is standing in front of the treat table on Sunday, then Power Down!

gussie

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I have barked this before, American footy is a mystery to me, however, I really hope your team wins!

And you are some fast mover!

Does Tanner's Dot ever move on its own accord or does Tanner have to move with it?

Just wondered!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Good luck!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:22 AM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

GO Steelers GO!!

Loved the video. When the superbowl came to Houston when the Mommy was a sweet young thing she wanted the Steeler to win then and they did. Sure hope they win tomorrow too!!

Hope the dot goes away soon, Tanner.

huggies...Mona

5:48 PM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Good luck tomorrow! We are so excited!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

I'm glad u guys are practicing to go in... I'm too nervous
Morgan

9:51 PM  
Blogger Toffee said...

Nice job! You have pawsome skills - I cannot believe that you haven't been drafted yet!

4:01 PM  
Blogger I is Jake said...

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

Yer dad puts the treats on da floor??

I has to sittttttttttttttttt, good Jake, waitttttttttttt, Good BOY! Stand on hind legs ..... what a good boy Jake!! Here yoo go!

::springs in my feet::
::springs in my feet::

I is Jake!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home