Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, September 22, 2008

Stinkin' Steelers!!

Sophie got so-so news from the vet, the results are so far inconclusive so she has to take it easy. Please keep sending vibes!

Yesterday we were watching the Steelers and watching our quarterback getting CRUSHED and Tanner and I got so mad we started playing tug...








We even used our Steelers rope toy!



After all of that yelling and tugging the Steelers STILL LOST.




I went to bed until the Yankees game started. Thank DOG they won.

31 Stains:

Blogger Gus said...

oh Joey, I am so sorry. You look so down in the dumps in that pix. We hope it is a fluke, and they win next time.

gussie

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

You tried with that tug. Blame it on Tanner. And thanks for still sending vibes. I just know they are helping.

xo
SB

7:07 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Oops.. sorry that the Steelers lost. Better luck next time k?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Joe!

Stella & I would like to take you and Tanner on in a 4-way tug match. Hopefully we can get something arranged ~ should we talk to Don King?

We'll keep on sending the vibes and healing smooches to Sophie. She's a peach and this ligament is the pits.

Yeah Yankees! Bummer, Steelers.

Goob love,
Stanley

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude sorry about your Steelers. At least they don't suck as much as my Rams!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Joey, I'm impressed by how you can bark & pull on that rope toy at the same time. You must teach me!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:18 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

i'm so sorry about steelers.

wet wet licks

Boo

12:02 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh joe..i am sorry your team lost...mayeb you should quit watching sports...really...it seems very stressful to you....

12:08 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey and Tanner..
Me again. Just to cheer you up, check out my blog.. I have an award for you!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh no.. I'm sorry the Steelers lost. I'm sure they'll do better next time

~ Girl girl

12:32 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Joey,
You can bark with your mouth closed?? - You are so dang talented! I am jealous!

So sorry about the Steelers. Thank dogness about the Yankees though, huh?

12:59 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I am way behind on everyones blogs. Will catch up soon.

Simba x

2:33 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Are woo a ventrilokhwist?

Sorry about the loss - akhtually NOT since it meant The Iggles won!

I'll still keep sending Sibe Vibes to SB!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

2:56 AM  
Blogger wally said...

I kept waiting for Brian Dawkins to come in and steal your toy! Well, the good thing about football is that there is always more next week.

wally t.

ps. I am so very worried for Ms. Sophie, too! I think maybe we should plan a trip to Canada. Together we could pull her around in a wagon so she can rest her leg!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

You are sooo talented...You can bark & tug at the same time...

I'm sorry about the Steelers...

But our Yankees won...

You guys have more toys than PetSmart...

Abby xxxooo

3:30 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

I'm sorry your great and helpful attempt did not fix the Steelers luck.. I'm glad mom don't follow any team sports, I'm not sure what I'd do to make them win..

Bajas

5:05 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joe,
Sorry about your Steelers ... wait a sec ... no I'm not, cuz the EAGLES won!!
Let me make it up to you & Tanner by sending you guys a couple of nice green and silver bandanas from Philly.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

5:29 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD Joe you sounded like you were having an asthma attack or something!!!! After all that hard work, no wonder you were tired!

Glad your Yankees won!!! W00t!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:48 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

oh no!! my poor little buddy, that last picture of you in bed looking soooo sad just broke Mum's heart.. honestly I heard something break and there it was on the floor in tiny pieces in front of her! .. or maybe it was the glass she had been carrying.. but anyway..

Sorry your team lost buddy, I suggest some thereputic plant destroying and digging in the garden.. always sorts my depression!

tailwags,

Ben xxxx

6:00 AM  
Blogger vix said...

Hah, Tanner is all HEY BUDS HEY BUDS HEY BUDS as Joey is barking and running away... too cute!

7:47 AM  
Blogger DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Joey

Sorry about the Steelers, it really sucks. They haven't been the same since Bill Cowyer left. Hopefully they'll do better next week.

Desert Pups

8:41 AM  
Blogger Toffee said...

sorry about your team guys...want to talk about a team that took a beating lets talk the Pats v. Miami last weekend...thank goodness the T.v. doesn't have ears!! You look great in your Yankees and Steelers gear btw!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

So it wasn't Grandma just picking on dad! They really did loose. That sucks!! That was very impressive that you can bark threatenly at Tanner with your mouth full of rope. I'm impressed.
I just noticed you 2 have the same basket to hold your toys in that we just got! I think your basket it fuller and has cooler toys though.
Kaos

9:37 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Our dad is in mourning since the Steelers lost! He's not playing tug, though! You two look really cool in your Steelers outfits!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

10:02 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

I think the nap musta helped the Yankees win!

Too bad the tug of war and yelling didn't help.

Murph

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Love your tug of war game. Tanner won, right? Hehe!
Please come by my blog to pick up the Award "You Lift My Spirit".
You lifted my spirit, you didn't know that, did you?
Cheers!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're so sorry the Steelers lost, Joey!
You and Tanner had a great game of tug! We think the Steeler team could use the both of you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:04 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, did you get caught in a loop or something? Arf, ow, ow, arf, ow ,ow, arf, ow, ow. And can I finally tell you guys apart? Was that fat ass Tanner who finally got the tug? You must have lost some of your mojo from watching that football game.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:18 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I am so sorry the Steelers lost but like you I was happy Yankees won!
I love all those arfs in the video!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Sorry about the Steelers, Joe! I think that Ben guy they always give the ball to needs tough guys like you and Tanner blocking for him!
Woo.
Luv,
Dave

11:31 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor Steelers. It was a sad game.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home