Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

OMDOG

First and most important, I need you to send 2989084905 healing vibes to Sophie who hurt her leg. We are really hoping she didn't tear a ligament, so all the healing vibes you can spare need to go her way please...

Today is a HUGE day around here! The Steelers play the team from the other side of our state, the Philadelphia Eagles. (Wally, grab a monkey to catch your tears because you might be crying over this game!!!)

ALSO, today is the LAST GAME EVER at Yankee Stadium.

To be sure I was ready I got on my appropriate gear...





And I got a good luck beef lung treat...








I was just finishing that when I smelled something else delicious...




Mom grilled a WHOLE CHICKEN! The Doofus burnt the skin but the meat was DELICIOUS.




I will take that piece, thank you very much...

I am ready for the games, I have some chicken, my gear on and the TV is set! I hope you guys have a great Sunday! GO Steelers, GO Yankees!!!

29 Stains:

Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Paws crossed for Sophie!
I hope the Yankees win the last game in the Yankee Stadium!
Yummy chicken! Enjoy your Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

1:50 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We will go right over to Sophies to let her know we are sending healing vibes!!! Hope the Yankees do win the last game at their stadium(just like Lorenza) They just HAVE to.
Steelers playing Philly, right? the ones the cowboys beat last week? those? ;)
Lookin good Joe.
Hugs&hi 5s
Sunny&Scooter
pee ess Mom wants some of that yummy chicken,please.........

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Oh no - I hope Sophie is feeling better and NO surgery is needed!!


Good luck with your teams!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey...you are gonna be soooooo jealous. My sissie E.Rabbit went to the game at Yankee Stadium where Derek Jeeter tied the record. I will send you her bloggie name, but you gotta promise not to say I sent you?


gussie

3:53 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh no Sophie! I hope she is ok.

I am watching my team and your team and it makes me very very nervous.

wally t.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JS. Since our Dad is from just outside Boston we can only root for two baseball teams: the Boston Red Sox and whoever is playing the New York Yankees. Dad didn't like your baseball jersey. He used to have a Red Sox jersey but it said DAMON on the back and so he had to burn it.
OBTW, all eleven of us want to come over to your house for dinner - YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY.
- Homer J. - Jubal - J.E.B. - Shelby Belle - Jack - Abby - Max -Shiloh - Alex - Boru - Jenny = The Bumpass Hounds (TBH)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey and Tanner, me iz sorry to hear that bout Sophie, me will go see her after me leaves this...good luck on ur games today...dat chicken looks droolie...

b safe,
~rocky~

pps Tanner i has not furgot ur barkday card...me iz just really slow...

4:16 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed fur Sophie!!!

And - ahem - snikhkering!!

The Iggles turned the Stillers on their head!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: At least woo had yummy chikhken and beef lung!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh no! We hadn't heard about Sophie, but we're headed over to her blog next. And I'm already sending healing thoughts her way.

I love those lung treats, but I love chicken even more! Hope your teams win, Joey!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

5:19 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! Your are such a sweetie pie. Thanks you so much for your healing vibes. I sure hope they work. I also hope I get lots of cookies at the vet clinic tomorrow.

xo
SB

5:33 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Well,we like your outfit(but as you are well aware we would not be able to wear it!!!) We are coming over to dinner at your house....WHOA that looked good..Love and kisses A+A

6:11 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

PSS we are very worried for Ms Sophie and have all of our legs and paws crossed again...this is such awfull news.....A+A

6:12 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I have my paws crossed for Sophie...

Me & my Mom are watching the last Yankee Game...My Mom got a little teary eyed watching all the Old Timers & all the highlights from the big games...

Do you guys get the YES Channel in Arizona? We have it here & we get to see every Yankee Game that is played...

Go Yankees...& I hope your Steelers win, too...

Abby xxxooo

7:00 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

The circle of healing vibes is being done for Sophie.
Chicken and beef lung, boy do you have it made.
You look a little schizo in that outfit, dude.

7:44 PM  
Blogger T-man's mom said...

Hi Joey,
Now how did Tanner burn that chicken skin?? He's the only doofus in your house right?? ;) It still looks delicious, and a little burning makes it taste good!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Sophie and CC-man will keep his toes crossed. Angel T-man is crossing his paws in heaven too.

T-man's mom, CC-man and T-man Angel

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We would be drooling up huge stains for the chicken. It looked delicious.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

I hope Sophie is better now.
Those are yummy foodies you got. yeah

~ Girl girl

10:54 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

we send our prayers to sophie...

n all the best to steelers

11:04 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Oh dear, poor Sophie!!
Ooooh... the chicken looks yummilicious... Any leftovers for me?

1:53 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

OMG but that chicken looks tasty!
You look pretty odd in two outfits, Joey! Hey, whatever works, right?!
Our paws are crossed for Sophie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:27 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Nice football food there. Your Yankees are lucky to get a new stadium. I think we are stuck with Fenway Park like, forever, cause the fans think the Sox can't play anyplace else. Jeez.

My football day was, tragic. I couldn't watch.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:23 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We're sending good thoughts Sophie's way for sure. We're not gloating about the Eagles, really we're wooooooo-hoooooooooo not!

wags from the homesick whippets

4:54 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Woo. Sorry about the Steelers, Joe. Really, really sorry. The Browns lost, too... so no one in our house is real thrilled.
I hope Sophie is OK! We'll go wish her well!
Luv,
Dave

7:02 AM  
Blogger DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Joe

Yeah, it's really sad that Yankee Stadium will be no more. A lot of history was made in that stadium. Our Mom's granddad actually got to see Babe Ruth play in Yankee Stadium and she was hoping that somehow the stadium would be save. It's more than just baseball history, it's American History.

Desert Pups

8:58 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Jo, Did you get a nice cool beer to go with the chicken leg? Hope your etam won too.

Wags, Eric x

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

MMMMMMM, that looks yummy. Mom and Dad keep talking about doing a beer butt chicken but Dad is in the middle of working 12 straight days and doens't have much energy for something like that and the last time Mom tried bbqing a beer butt chicken she made it cajun style (that means it was way more black than your mom's).
We think we heard Grandma say the Steelers lost. My Dad has been a Steelers fan since he was little, but he's not as big of a fan as you are.
That's a great outfit, I think you had everyone covered.
Kaos

3:04 PM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

Wer were over at Sophies earlier and saw that, we sure hope she is ok, paws and digits crossed here for her.
Good luck with your teams, and WOW that chicken looks MMmmmm *drooool* delicious! Mum is having to hold me back from licking the screen!

Thanks for supporting Nowzad guys, its VERY much appreciated,

smoooches,

Ben xxxx

3:57 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Aw Joey,

Yer winnin' vibes didn't reach all the way ta Big Ben's ears....no siree...they got 'em so many times, he looked like a bowlin' pin down fer the count....hope this isn't a look at what's ta come....make sure Tanner wears the correct colors the rest of the season......the only whaaatttsssup should be the football.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

5:11 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Harumph...can I say that again...

HARUMPH....where was the offensive line coverage???? HUH?????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

We feel ur pain....

Go Steelers...next week....

Scruffy, Lac and Stan

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home