Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, September 05, 2008

Canidae what a day....

We are going to discuss something very serious here, something that is EXTREMELY important to me. FOOD. You all saw that Mom makes us dinner with great stuff in it, but it also includes kibble. The dry kibble was Canidae, which mom switched us to from Nutro Ultra Holistic when the whole Menu Foods tragedy occurred. Canidae was great, made in the USA, tasted good, didn't give us much gas, etc. Then if you all remember, I recently started to get itchy...and it didn't seem to go away...then we discover Canidae started changing the formula of their foods! We were informed by a couple of people about the formula change and did some reading and found other dogs were having itch problems too because they put more grain crap in the food. THEN Khyra told me they also changed facilities to a place that has had recalls and hurt some dogs. I HATE THAT. So we have changed to our dream food... Merrick Campfire Trout Feast!!!

We have dry skin (we DO live in a desert) so Mom is hoping the fishy goodness will help our skin. Lets hope our tummies agree with this food because we love it. Check out the video...



That was just with a little of the new stuff mixed in with the old Canidae and we went nuts! We LOOOVE it!

33 Stains:

Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

You certainly enjoyed that! I go nuts for new food and then after a couple of days go off it. I like to wait until Mummy has bought a big bag of the stuff lol.

Simba x

1:03 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Dog's equation.
It gathers in supper, and it is here happy.
The weekend slowly with family's happiness. :D

from loved ume tyan

1:22 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says thanks fur the earworm!

Guess that was used for the trout bait!!

I was glad to help inform my fellow khanines of the nasty khanidae changes!!!

Eat up!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow boys - you were eating close together. Does the new food change you into sharing and careing pups?

Clyde and Levi

5:57 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD Joe...thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm a Canidae girl, but between more flakiness (skin boys, not the brain) and my tum tum/squishiness issues, if it might be the new formula. I think you'd sealed the deal Joe...I'm off to Make mom get me new food!!!!

Thanks for the help!

Lots of thankful licks, ruby

6:29 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Nothin' like true love!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

There is nothing better than new tasty food! Hope that fishy stuff helps your skin and coat! Yummy!

Hugs, Kodak

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Man. Glad you like the new food. But it's enough to make us parnoid all these dog food messes. I hope Blue Buffalo stays the same(where we went after Nutro) Listen Dog Food People: If you make a good food DON"T CHANGE IT!! and DON"T CHANGE WHERE YOU MAKE IT!!!! Shesh,you think we do all this flippin research for grins?!
There, I yelled at them for you Joey. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Sunny

8:36 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

stupid pet food people. Hope the few food works out

8:47 AM  
Blogger Lucy The Great Dane said...

Our dog Kona has similiar allergies. We have switched her food a dozen times and nothing seems to work. Good luck with the food switch, I hope it works.

9:40 AM  
Blogger vix said...

What an excellent choice of music! We were lol'ing like whoa. I love the dog food posts especially when we get to see your mom's creations!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Thanks for the food alert. We eat Solid Gold Hund n' Flocken and so far -- except for an occasional less than toe-kickability in our you know what -- we've been fine on it for several years now.

So we don't get too bored we also get pumpkin, carrots apple, green beans, and a bit of peanut butter in our bedtime king snack. And the occasional homemade treats.

But we have to be so careful with all the unscrupulous manufacturers out to make a buck with their food.

Hope the new food cures the itchies!!

Woof guys,

Jake and Just Harry

1:23 PM  
Blogger Clover said...

So glad you figured out the food thing! I think we are starting a homemade diet for me soon... I hope I love it as much as you guys love your food!
Love Clover xo

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, that food sounds soooooooo goood! Trout, I've never tried that before!

What is Canidae thinking? Bad enough to change formulas without telling customers, but to go to a facility that had recalls and HURT DOGGIES is terrible! Thank Dogness Khyra told you!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan and The Girl

1:49 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

STEELER SUNDAY TOMORROW...ARE YA READY??????????

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

Got ur snackies?? Beer? Remote??

It's another season!!!

Stiller barks,
Scruffy and Stan...and Lacie too but she's doin' her nails!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I am sure you enjoy that new food and I hope it helps your skin too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That Merrick is pretty good stuffs. It is made in Texas too, just like we were! We are two picky guyz and did not care too much for the wet foods, but we did enjoy their kibble. Mom has bought us the Grammy's Pot Pie before and it is really good. Bon Appetite Dudez!
Ozzie & Rocky

3:14 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're Canidae pups! Mom switched us from Wellness to Canidae because they switched ingredients too and it gave us soft poo problems! Our meals are VERY important to us!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:29 PM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

Trout Feast..

Mmmm arruba.. sounds delish!

Dog food comapnies are the devil incarnate. They should be ashamed of themselves but unfortunatley they have no soul and are not capable of any emotion.. just delerium when the money rolls in from the devil food they sell to unsuspecting pups. Mum homecooks for me a lot and will only buy homebaked treats or treats that she has researched. She is paranoid at the best of times as being a rottie I'm quite prone to tummy problems.
I'm glad you enjoy the new stuff and hopefully they will keep it as it is!

tailwags,

Ben xxx

3:33 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

We are back after a short "window" hiatus....We WICKED missed you guys!! That stinks about your food but is good news about the new one! We are going to readd all of the stuff we missed about you and the Doof......Love A+A PS ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh man! That Merrick stuff is good! We sometimes get the canned stuff but we might try the kibble. My baby brudder has dry skin and sometimes gets rashes but my ma ape has tried putting some coconut oil on our food and it seems to be helping! YUUUUM.

wally t.

ps. The other Joe could definitely use a cool consultant. He can be a Doofus from time to time.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOO! I am glad you found some good new food. We have to change mine as well. CM is on EUK, but I am on Canidae. I have two gallons worth left, then it is new food for me. What you have is one of mom's picks for me, but she has not decided between the 3 or so she has picked out.
Hugs,
Sitka

5:36 PM  
Blogger T-man's mom said...

Good thing your mom figured out what caused your itchies! My friend used to feed her dogs Nutro, but one of the dogs developed terrible symptoms that went away once she stopped feeding him that stuff. Thanks for the reminder to be more aware of where our food comes from!

T-man's mom, CC-man & T-man Angel

8:25 PM  
Blogger Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Canidae?

That's the Country above you Eh?

The one with the Maple leaf Eh?

C$

11:28 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

it doesnt seem to matter what the two of you do...you are just so cute doing it...

1:06 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Well if it says it's a feast it should be a feast, and that seems to be the case!

Bajas

3:17 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! There are lots of trouts in Canada. It's like you're even closer to me now. I eat fish food too -- Eagle Pack salmon and anchovies and something else. mmmmm

6:23 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey! I get that Merrick canned food on top of my kibble to add extra zest. It rocks!

What's up with that Mango sized food bowl?

Slobbers,
Mango

6:33 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

You both look very happy with that food-- even if it is the K word. Arrow get the poops when he eats food with wheat in it. I hate when anything changes.

Deefor

7:15 AM  
Blogger Isabella said...

If Humans think kibble is so good, how come they never eat it? My Humans have tried all kinds of kibble, but I'm not eating that stuff. Even when they mix in table food, I can manage to get every bit of the good stuff without eating one piece of kibble.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Let me know how you do with this new food. I recently started eating Innova Evo but it gave me waaaaaay loose bowels so then I was switched to Nutro Ultra Holistic and I'm doing fine with that. But evidently there was a problem with it???

Anyway, I can tell by the video that you love your new food!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Looks like you guys really liked the food. You didn't even stop to breathe!!
Kaos

1:40 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I could go for some trout almadine! http://www.bigoven.com/22989-Trout-Almadine-recipe.html
Tail wags,
Storms

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home