Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, August 29, 2008

What a day

So we are pretty sad about T-Man so we postponed Tanner's Gotcha Day celebration until tomorrow. ALSO we are REALLY sad about the storm that hit Arizona last night. We had a HURRICANE STRENGTH storm in the freakin DESERT!?!?!?!




Here I am, the SMART dog, hiding in the bathroom.




It was SOOO scary!! I am sure you are thinking Mom is mean by filming me instead of holding me and telling me it will be ok. WELL, when I get like this you cannot touch me or hold me because I get even MORE upset and then run away.




Look at that Doofus!! He is sitting there with Dad watching the evil scary storm!!

These are not our videos, but this is how it was at our house...




The lightning was like nothing Mom or Dad had ever seen. It was non-stop for an hour. No thunder, just insane non stop lightning. I was NOT amused. Anytime it is raining SIDEWAYS, trees are falling down and garbage cans are blowing down the street I will be in the bathroom. We are so glad we didn't lose power, over 100,000 people did. It is amazing the amount of trees that broke and cars that were crushed. Power poles are down all over and ASU lost an 8.9 million dollar facility. This is the desert, I want a refund, we are not supposed to have HURRICANES!!

25 Stains:

Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's joey and tanner, ooo joey u poor baby...u wuz really shaking...mama saidid lacylulu wood follow her around when it wuz storming and she hid under mamas medal desk...me not skeered of storms, my brudder rusty b4 me wuz skeered of them too...

b safe,
~rocky~

11:23 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

OMdoG...I've never seen anything like that...

I felt sooo bad for you hiding in the bathroom like that...You looked sooo scared...

I think Tanner is a Doofus for sitting there watching, too...I had to stop watching & go hide in the bathroom for a minute, myself...And I'm not usually scared of storms...

I hope you are over the trauma...

Abby xxxooo

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

What the.....?

I can understand US having bad weather like that, but you guys?

Mother Nature is loosing her marbles.

Joe I felt so bad for you shaking like that. And I'm sure your mom gave you a big dose of Rescue Remedy too!
Hope your weekend is better,
Mack

5:12 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, I cried when I saw you looking so scared. How awful for you. Doofus is too dumb to even know there is danger (I bet if you opened the door he would have run outside to play in the rain).

Freaky weather! Hope you are recovered.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:58 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe! What happened to your bathmat. I wish I was there. I would sit with you. I would completely ignore you, so you wouldn't get more upset, but I would be there.

xo
SB

6:21 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joey: makes me sooo sad to see you shaking like that. Man, wish I was there as well with you & Sophie..I'd let you hide and sit under me (trying to make a funny here).

that storm looked evil - even looked like it was snowing there at some point! YIKES! WTF is going on with our weather? scary indeed.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Oooooh. The servant could not watch that video of you Joe Stains. I, Very Old Dog, have the same aversion, and in fact the Servant thought I would literally die of fright. I have gotten much help from having my energy meridians calmed down. Maybe the servant can find something on the Internets for your mom to do for you.

brave wags from a Very Old Whippet

7:19 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joe: that was some storm. If we had still been in Azrizona, I would have been in the bathtub with my towel over my head. Most of the time I am OK, but that was a wowser.

7:51 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

My mom just showed my doggy nanny your post -

We will be sure to aks my Aunti Di about it - she went to skhhool at ASU and that is why she stayed to live in what WE affekhtionately khall The Blast Furnace - they were some storms -

My doggy nanny asked my mom if your mom and dad ever tried giving you something during the storms to khalm you?

AND we just showed her the sad post about T-man -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Mom ALMOST did inkhlude Megadeth - and she soooo agrees: Dave M is a hoot!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Aggie said...

Hey Joey,

OMDOG!!!! Those storms look bad! I am glad that you are smart and just hide. Really you were in the safest place in the house.

You can send some rain to Pittsburgh are grass is so dry!

I hope you are not scared anymore!

Sloppy Kisses,

Aggie

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Holy cows! That must have been SCARY and I'm so glad you and your family are safe.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

we are so glad you are okay

11:04 AM  
Blogger Randi Lyn said...

Hey Joe - we found you on Khyra's blog. So is that nasty storm on it's way to Vegas? It's cloudy and icky here and the wind is starting to blow....

Wooooo woo rar rar rar,
Kayla and Maebe

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Oh Joe,
Stay there, I'll come over with beef jerky, beer and a flash light. I'll stay with you until the sky is clear, OK, buddy?
Cheers!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

I'm sorry you got so scared of the storm. Mommy's Clive used to get very scared of storms and fireworks and he would head for the bathtub. Maybe a small kennel would serve as a safe place and make you feel better.

Hugs, Kodak

4:18 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

Wow that was some storm! I don't think we've ever had anything like that up here in northern VA. Hey watch out in case Gustav's pieces come whipping your way. When it thunders and lightnings I bark at the thunder and come and get Mom. Maybe she thinks I'm protecting her but really I need her to tell me it's OK!

(stay in the bathroom! It's safer)

Love,
Rudy

6:05 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

How bizarre! I'm glad you guys are OK!
Play bows,
Zim

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

OOOH is the little tiny baby that is so tough shaking in his space boots from the storm? But the HANDSOME, strong, brave Tanner is sitting on dad's lap so nicely! Who's a DOOFUS now, Joey? Huh? Huh?Not MY tanner!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We feel so badly for you, Joey!
What wicked storms! We hope that's the last of them for you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:33 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

It makes me sad to see you shaking like that, Joey, and I'm just glad you don't get storms like this often. We saw the news on TV and wondered how you were doing. Thanks for letting us know that you are safe, even though lots of damage was done.

4:12 PM  
Blogger vix said...

We drove through a storm like that with all the lightning on our way from Minneapolis to Milwaukee in a U-Haul a few months ago -- it was windy and scary! Glad you all are okay!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I know like Colorado you guys need the rain. But you got like a year's worth in one storm. Crazy lightening.

Deefor

11:45 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh joe...you make my heart hurt when you are all scared in the bathroom..couldnt they at least give you a blanket to lay on...geesh...i dont like storms either...but i sure dont want to be alone...i make sure there is a lap somewhere for me...and i dont move until someone has to gopee

7:11 AM  
Blogger booksaremyhabit said...

oh Joey! that just breaks my heart...poor little guy

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We feel for you guys in that storm. Pretty bad storms hit our house too. And we had to hide in the bathroom. Our girl wasn't even home to save us. She was on vacation! Vacation!!! In freaking AFRICA!!! Can we move in with you until she gets back? At least your mom and dad are there to protect you from the storms!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home