Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, June 29, 2008

GREAT weekend guys!

Guys, yesterday Mom and Dad started gathering stuff up and packing up a bag and I was like, oh great, where are THEY going. Then I saw them packing some treats and a baggy of dog food. Where are WE going?! Well, we went to my Grandparent's house and stayed overnight!!! OMDOG it was GREAT!

The humans went to some place where they do something called Teppanyaki?? I dunno what that is but Mom said it is really fun and the food was delicious. Then she showed me this photo...




OMDOG its like they almost lit my whole family on FIRE?!?! The humans are so freakin weird if they think this is fun????

THIS is what is fun...




I love my Grandpa and I love to give him kisses. Many dogs do not know that back when I was a younger dog I used to spend a week at my Grandparent's then a week at my Parent's house. WHY? Because people love me SO much they insisted on joint custody!! Then Tanner came and I had to stay with my parent's full time. This is not bad, but Gram and Gramps sure do give me a LOT more treats than Mom and Dad.




We were pretty tired by this morning...




The Doof didn't even mind spending time in his Little House.

You want to know WHY we are so tired...




CAT PATROL! The neighbors have a million cats and they love to come in front of the house.




OMDOG THERE IS ONE!?!??!!! (notice the Doofus looking the completely wrong way)




GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Omdog...watch this as we tell that cat to get the heck away from this house...(mom gets so mad when we do bitey face when we start yelling, she said we are going to hurt each other, whatever!)


Cat alarm from Rhonda on Vimeo.

Mom had to stop the video so we didn't ruin the blinds. I don't think Grandma and Grandpa would care because we were keeping them safe from the cat!!

I sure hope your weekend was as great as ours!!!

37 Stains:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wow that looks like fun! I hope you got lots of treats for all that protecting!!!

Lots of Licks, ruby

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Yes, they are weird! Fire is scary!
Good job with those cats!
Glad you had a great time with at your grandparent's house!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3:15 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Grandparents RULE. And it is totes awesome that you kept the cats at bay. It looks like their neighborhood has been catrified.

wally.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Dandy Duke said...

Good job on keeping those cats away from the front of the house! You need to stay there awhile to make sure they're gone for good!
That is kinda wierd about your family having fun playing with fire!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Those cat burglars are out of control at your Gparents. What are they going to do without you?

xo
SB

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Why do cats have to always be like that??

Grandparents are GREAT aren't they??!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

OMdogness Flash and I do that to when we see a cat or loose dog running around when we are in the yard. Mom can't figure out why we attack each other.
I think you should still be able to spend a week with your grandparents. Who cares about the doof

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Yeah, our mom said it looked like the only thing that was going to get hurt there was the blinds, ha! ha! Glad you guyz got to have such a good time staying at your grandparents!
Ozzie & Rocky

5:30 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Hmmm, why do you do bitey face when you guys are yelling at the cat? Is it like a kind of signal sho should go for the cat?

Love
Boy n Baby

5:54 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey Joey..we get in trouble for bitey face too. what is it with the humans? Don't they know what is fun?

gussie

7:32 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Oh, who cares about blinds when there are miserable cats to chase away. Your mom should have been praising you for your hard work!

Joey, I'm not surprised that your grandparents and parents had joint custody. My mom shares me with Grandma too. That's the price we pay for being wonderful.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

ARRRRRGHHH RRAARR ROAR FUFFLFAVLE RRUUFFF BARK BARK BARK!!! C-A-T alarrrrrmmm!!!! OH GET IT!!! RAR RAR MASS CHAOS AND CONFUSION!!!

BITEY FACES AND EVERYTHING ELSE from the screaming whippets

8:21 PM  
Blogger B said...

What a great weekend Joey! You need to spend more time there and get more treats.

Puppy Kisses,
Arabella

8:58 PM  
Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh wow, your grandbeans have so many cats outside! They probably just want to be your friends, not invade your housey. It looks like you had fun visiting the grandparents, the restaurant looks super neat too! Was it hibachi?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

OMdoG, your hooman look so happy on fire!!! How could they do that?? Mayb I should set up some fire at home to make my hooman happier...

Twinkle did the same thing when he saw cat at our car porch. He will bang himself to the glass sliding door or scratch the door like nodoggy business...

slurpy licks,
BenBen

9:29 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

OMD Joey and Tanner
What a gweat weekend!!!!
Youw Gwampawents look sooo cool..and they'we like a hundwed yeaws youngew than my pawents..(I'm so embawwwased to have such ancient pawents)
I'm suwe glad theydidn't buwn up at that westauwant..they'don't even look scawed..weiwd..
You two awe gweat cat alawms..but calm dowmn fow dogness sake..you'll huwt youwselves
smoochie kisses
ASTA

9:30 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh, how come hoomans think setting fire is fun. You doggies sure are alert to do cat patrol

~ Girl girl

11:17 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

You certainly told that cat off for trespassing. Mummy went to a place where they make whiskey and saw how it was made. She says she might try it in the shed?! But she doesn't like whiskey, so she just bought a bottle for fat fat daddy.

Simba x

11:58 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You boys were fierce! Hope that kitty dones't come back ever again!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

1:20 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

At least you two just do bitey face...we get into such a frenzy(if we were sitting like you guys were) we would get into a fight) THOSE THINGS ARE BAD NEWS It is a good thing you 2 were there....Love A+A

5:59 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

OMD, it looks like you had an AWESOME weekend! Good job at keeping the cats away. What will the granparent's do when you aren't there?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
Thanks fow complimenting the ladies..they'we old(well not Petey's Mom), but cool...Lacie c, the avowed highlighting expawt was sowt of hunged ovew fwome ouw night out on the town in London aftew fixing Jackson all up, heheheh
stay cool
smoochie kisses
ASTA

8:33 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

I know what you mean, JOey. Cat patrol is a FULL-TIME job around here. I'm the one who sounds the alarm and stinky Stella just joins in. She's not even aware of WHY we are sounding the alarm, then she gets all pissy with me if I go on sounding the alarm longer than she likes. Sheesh. Younguns.

Glad your gramps and gramma got to see you and get smooched by you.

Goober love,
STanley

9:06 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Cuddling with grandpa looks soooo much more fun than being put on fire!!! I can't believe the way the humans think sometimes.. Sigh..

Bajas

10:47 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Good job with the kitty. Did your Gram and Gramp give you more treats for that?

Luv

Snowball

11:46 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

OMD anyone can see that those blinds should have been lifted way up high so you could scare that cat away!!

You are so loved by your grandparents!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That looks like a great weekend. Treats and cats to bark at. Did they bring home any leftover fire in a doggie bag? Careful.

Deefor

1:28 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i just dont understand joe...i let our cats in the house...and i let them eat my food...i dont know ...i think you bostons must be wired differently...that fire was really weird though....i wonder what yummy food they were cooking....

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You two are going to be totally tired after that weekend! What a great time and awesome photos ... i like the one of you in the kennel with your blue blanket. Bitey face is pretty funny. Good thing I don't do that TOO or I think I'd get my walking papers ... sighhhhhhhh ...

2:59 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Don't they know it's your job to keep the cats away???

My Mom just got me some new blinds hide behind when I'm on cat patrol...The other ones kind of fell apart all by themselves...

Abby xxxooo

3:09 PM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

OMDog - you guys just kinda SNAPPED - went wild and crazy ....

Nice pic of your Mom & Dad and Gammie & Grampie - what they bring home in the DOGGIE BAG???

What a PAWTY - CATS -- we would have been through those stinky blinds......

Hope you guys are CHILLIN for Monday ......

3:26 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey - Check out my bloggie. Khyra asked me what kind of doggie I would be if not a most huge and magnificent mastiff and I said... a Boston Terrier! (but really, I want to be you because you are so totally cool).

What's up with that cat? Does he know who you are?

Slobbers,
Mango

4:40 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

whoa, I hate it when they stare back like that!!! Evil, evil big bad kitties!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Whoa! I don't think that cat will be coming back to your grandparents house for a very long time!
When I first saw the picture of your family, I was worried ebcause their table is on fire! Mom said it's supposed to be and that's part of the fun of going. I made the mistake of pointing out Mom couldn't go to one of the places cuz she's a clutz and would catch her hair on fire. I didn't get my after dinner cookie.
Kaos

10:12 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

YUM!

I've never had one of that flavour - um I mean kholour!!

Your folks have to be khareful with that fire -

Auntie Di got bakhk Saturday night to what she thought was fire smoke from Khalifornia - NO! - it was from Avondale - on the other side of the mountain from where she lives. She lives on one of side of the Indian reservation - and the fire is on the other side -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:25 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Good job protecting your grandparents from the mean kitty! We think snuggling with grandpa looks like a lot more fun than getting set on fire!

9:44 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

CAT! Do you think he was a cat burglar, trying to break in?!!? Good thing you were on the job, Joey!!!
Love,
Ammy
PS: CAT!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home