Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Goooo Yankees!

So as I mentioned, the Yankees are playing their HUGE rival the Boston Red Sox this weekend! They have already played 2 of the three games and have won the first two! I was nervous yesterday before the game because the Yankees BARELY won the first one.




I was meditating on the couch like our buddy Mango recommends. Tanner was just sleeping, he is not in touch with his Zen enough to meditate properly.




I am going over the lineup in my head, thinking about the new players the Yanks got from Mom's childhood team, the Pittsburgh Pirates. She is now a Dbacks fan since we live in AZ and because the Pirates are really pretty awful :)




Finally it was game time, notice the Doofus is looking out the window instead of cheering for my team. Luckily they pulled off a GREAT win. The final game is tonight and I will be watching and hoping for the best. For the first time ever though, I kind of feel BAD about this series because of my good buddies Agatha and Archie who are Red Sox fans. But not THAT bad!!

Joe in front of his mat
I am going to go do some praying to the Baseball Gods. Lets Go Yankees!!

28 Stains:

Blogger Jake of Florida said...

We understand the obsession. Last night our Dogdad stayed awake through 14 innings until the Cardinals broke the tie and beat the Mets!!!

Glad you liked our bobbleheads. Yours on A+A's blog is outstanding!!!

Jake and JH

10:37 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

All we can say is, you're a true Yankees fan, Joey! You look great in pinstripes!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

11:05 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Good Luck to them

11:35 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Baseball takes a lot of meditating-- Especially if you're a Rockies fan. My humans have too many channels and they can't find baseball anymore.

Deefor

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Good thing you're back from Russia for this game.

xo
SB

12:09 PM  
Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said...

MOMMY IS A YANKEE'S FAN TOO!!! Daddy isn't so enthusiastic though.... but Mommy used to be from there!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Me & my Mom are soooo enjoying our Yankees this weekend...

I love your shirt...& your rug...& your hat...

Are you gonna help Tanner get dressed up for tonite's game, too??

Abby xxxooo

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

I will cross everything I have so that the Yankees win!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Yeeeaaaaaahhh!
I think I need one of those special Yankees rugs to say my prayers!
Lets see what happens tonight!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

2:26 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

we're crossing everything over here too so that the yanks WIN!!

3:14 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My mom is a Phillies phan -

and not just bekhause that is her name -

Good job with the zen thingie -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

3:28 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Love the shirt Joey. You're obviously a huge Yankees fan.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Have ya'll seen the Yankee beer? I think it's Bud Light but its a special edition Yankee bottle!

Woof,
Ralph

pee.s- Do you know what happened to Fraiser? He blog doesn't work any more...

4:47 PM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

Is that your personal yankee shirt?

5:33 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

All the best!

We hopw your favourite team win.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Hope your team wins Joe! We love your baseball jersey btw!
Ozzie & Rocky

6:27 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

We hope your team wins and you have a big celebration afterwards!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Looks like a great way to spend the weekend!
You are a true fan indeed!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

You are such a dedicated fan, Stains. I am only that dedicated to food. I would cheer for the San Francisco Food if they existed.
Ike

10:04 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I like youw pwayew wug...did you see Petey and Abby went to the game?
sowwy I've been absent..Mommi......need I say mowe?
I hope you have made pwogwess wif youw investigation..I loved youw disguise as a ballet staw..I can totally see you as a hewo in one of the gweat ballets alongside the gweat miss la Bwadow
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:29 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Good luck to your team! Bet your couch is really comfy...Your nails sure are long huh?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

12:31 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We just can't get behind the Yankees in this house. Not even if they for some odd reason would get Raul. Grammie will follow Raul anywhere, but to Yankee territory.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Nice pillow!!! (Special Luciano the interior designer made us say that... he notices these things.)

Our manservant was a Yankees fan way back in the dark ages before cars and french fries and had all or the Yankees cards from the 50's. All of them.

they got thrown out when he went away to college. That would buy us many many many chewies.

wags from the whippets

4:48 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

You should be throwing out the first pitch for the Yankees you look so good (too bad they lost last night).

Slobbers,
Mango

6:01 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Go yankee GO !!!!!!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

You look great in your Yankees stuff, Joey. I'm so mad because Motch went to Wrigley and didn't buy me a jersey.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I hope that your Yankee team win in all the games.

Luv
Snowball

9:21 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Oh I saw you move then are you real doggies - not bobble heads? Wags, Eric X

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home