Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday is a good day around here!

The weather here this weekend has been quite pawesome. We have been hanging out sunning and helping Dad feel better. He stayed home from work on Friday because he has the flu.


It was super nice out, so we were on the patio a lot.


I like to just stand and soak up the sun


The Doofus prefers to lay out there until his brain starts baking.

Mom said that barking and running around was not helping Dad feel better so she has been giving us lots of GREAT things to keep us occupied.


This is a 'busy' bone that is good for my teeth. It has a mint smell and some calcium too, I don't care about that junk, I just care that it tasted good. (notice my green lightbulb in the background, its from someone VERY special, just thinking of her makes me smile)


Who knew teeth cleaning could be so much fun!

Today we had been kind of good so guess what we got...


BULLY STICKS!!!!!!!!!! OMDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tanner has only had these a couple of times so he has to really inspect it to see if he likes it.


Oh ya, he sure does!!


I am much more serious about my Bully stick. I found the perfect spot of sun to eat mine in. FAR from the doofus.


If you look closely you can see some of my brindle on my chest.


I sure hope you all had as great of a Sunday as I am having!!!

36 Stains:

Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Sun on your belly and a bully stick in your mouth! Life is good!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:12 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Joey, I'm dreaming of sun...I LOVE to sun bathe and we had about 15 minutes of it today.

Bully sticks are presents from the DoGs. Eat 'em while you can....and steal Doooooofus' if you can get 'em.

Penny

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! You look like you are in heaven with that bully stick. I wonder if you are thinking about me.

xo
SB

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of your warm sun. And your busy bone. And your light bulb. And you bully sticks too, now that I think about it.

Hey - my little Cubbies are out there playing pre-season games... if you see one of them, tell them HELLO for me, will ya?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Great weather, tasty chewies and bullysticks... That sure sounds like a great weekend!

Love
Boy n Baby

5:41 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

The weather looks great there! We've had lots of clouds and alot of wind today---but no rain!
Those bully sticks sure look good!
Ozzie & Rocky

6:16 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Well we wish we were but NOT! I have to wear a cone because I am licking my stupid leg and when I wear it I suddenly become paralyzed and my stupid brother is bouncing his stupid kong all over the place. I fall asleep and then BOING and then I bark..it is endless....AND it is freezing here,,,but we are happy that you guys are happy!! Love A+A

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Aside from napping I was laying in the sun chewing a bully too...it was a GREAT Sunday!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

P(ee)S: Hope your dad is feeling better.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joe baby: you certainly live the good life and i'm quite impressed with the toy basket behind you.

We had lotsa sun here today too but still playing in too much snow.

Keep smiling!

luv ya,
Lola Smiles

6:49 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

That is some kind of zenmaster stare you are giving that bullywinkle, Joe Stains. "You are the bullywinkie. I will eat you. Noooowwwwww."

wow from the whippets

7:46 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

yummy bully sticks. We got ours yesterday! And it has been a marvelous weekend here, but I think we had best keep quiet about it, or they are gonna send us lots of snow and cold weather from up north! Or else, we might have two houses full of doggies again

kisses
gussie

8:41 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh looks like you doggies had a poawsome weekend with yummy things to chew

~ Girl girl

8:48 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
If its a sunny day... its a great day!
I am afraid that the teeth cleaning is going to make you fatty! You are getting lots of treats! Well, I guess I am envy!
I hope your dad is feeling better now!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:59 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

it sounds like a great day for sunbathing n picnic in the park...

9:35 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Dude, I haven't had a bully stick in forever! I need to start bugging the moms.
Ike

9:40 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
That sunshine on youw tummy looks so gweat..what a wondewful Sunday!!Whewe do you get that gweat teef cleaning bone??
I hope all youw quiet behaviow helped make youw Dad feel pawfect!!
smoochie kisses
Asta

10:04 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I'm glad you had a great day! I wish I could have a bully! Someday...

10:16 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

man you are lucky joe...all i got is some of my moms leftover macaroni....

11:33 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Joe, hope your dad is feeling better. I'm sure the delicious aroma of you and Tanner chewing bully sticks has helped speed up his recovery! J x

1:02 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, my man, I got to bake yesterday too. Its the best.

What's up with the bully stick? Where are your suds?

3:47 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Thats look like a supaw pawsome day, sunny & treats. PAwfect match!!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Whoa. That's some sweet weather. Perfect for bully sticks. But then any weather is perfect for bully sticks.

wally

6:04 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
It is wonderful weather.
When it becomes warm, it is going out feelings.

from loved ume tyan

6:12 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Looks like you had the perfect Sunday.
I'm with Ike - I haven't had a bully stick in so long I forgot what they taste like!
Tanner looks like he is using his as a straw!

7:14 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Oh Man! Bully sticks are the bomb! I mean The Woman retches when she watches me chewing on that thing. That makes it even MORE fun.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

did someone mention bully stick? GIVE IT TO ME!

wet wet licks

Boo

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Sunday looked good to me Joe!

I hope your Pa's Flu has flown!

I am sending some healing Marvin licks to him.

Marvin xxxxx

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say (I was distracted by your bully sticks.......) tell your Pa a tot of whisky, Scotch of course, helps in these situations.

Apparently!

love and licks, Marv xxxx

10:31 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I can see the brindle, Joey, and it's gorgeous!

I hope your dad feels better soon; the flu is nasty stuff.

I got a bully stick for Christmas & it was scrumpdillicious!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh, the sun! I bet it feels goooood...Oooh, those chewies will be able to keep your teefies clean. Did you say, bully stick??????

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:58 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Wow! Can I come over and help your dad feel better, too? That looks like work I could really sink my teeth into! HA roo roo roo!
Play bows,
Zim

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got the perfect set up there Joey - a bully stick and lots of sun - perfection!

River

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Wow, you're Sunday weather is pawesome! We were supposed to get 2 inches of snow on Sunday and ended up with almost 9!!!
Kaos

2:23 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

We don't get bully sticks. Pappy says they stink. We say Pappy stinks. Foley would love to lay out on the patio with you guys.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Comet said...

We loved the weather this weekend. Our girl even let us hang out on the front porch for a change (but we had to keep our leashes on). Glad you two had a great day.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Johann The Dog said...

Hey Joe - glad your Sunday was as good as ours...we didn't get bully sticks, but we got marrow bones! Woof!!!

Johann

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home