Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stay of execution!

I went to the VET and I survived. I walked in and there were these two crazy rat terriers all jumping in my face and yelling at their Mom and being BAD. I just looked at them and was like, whatever, I am the best.

Finally this VET tech girl came out and was like, OMG didn't he have surgery on his paw, and I was like that was the DOOFUS FACE and I do NOT look like him at ALL. I almost took a dump on the floor right then and there. But then she asked how old I was and Mom said almost 9 and she said BOY do I look great for 9. (I think she was referring to your teeth, Joey -Mom) So she was digging around in my mouth and Mom showed her the GUNK in the front and she jammed her fingernail in my mouth and went SCRAPE and I went WTF?! Then she took me in the back to get the opinion of my VET (she was doing surgery!) and they continued to torture me and got most of the gunk out. They said I probably don't need to go for a cleaning for at least 6 months to a year. Mom was happy that they didn't charge us and I would have to agree since it was TORTURE. The VET also said to buy me more chew bones, maybe she is not so bad after all. SO we went to PetSmart WITHOUT the Doofus!!


I picked these chews because we can't have regular rawhide because the doofus tries to swallow it whole.

what else did I pick you might ask??


BULLY STICKS!?!!!!


Hm, these sure are good, I made a good choice.


This tooth cleaning is better than that stinking teeth scraping the VET did.


Oh and Mom bought this for herself!


Ok I am off to go celebrate!!

36 Stains:

Blogger Joey said...

Great news! And I must say good taste with those sticks you picked!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD Joe that is pawsome news. I'm so happy for you and you get treats! BONUS!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

JOE!!!!!! I am so glad they don't have to put you under to scrape you up. That chewing treatment is much more reasonable. Chew happy baby!

xo
SB

6:47 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

bully sticks rule! yummy!

luv ya
Lola Smiles

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're VERY relieved! We think you look marvelous for your age!

Ask your mom- when we left the dentist's office when we were kids- we always got cheeseburgers! True story. You need to tell your mom that's what you need!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Yup...cheeseburgers sound good
gussie

7:23 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh you did a great job picking out those yummy treats.

~ Girl girl

7:25 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Terrific news Joe! Go knaw on another Bully Stick and relax Buddy!
Ozzie & Rocky

8:04 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Joey, your teeth look great!! And how lucky is that having to eat all those treats...doctor's orders!!

You should have pooped on the floor anyway.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

It turns out to be a nice day after all... getting more chewies in return for the scraping :)

Love
Boy n Baby

8:27 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Bravo! Sure it was easier than we thought, right?
Sure those chews will help you a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:29 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

My moms does that scrape thing to animals all the time and they are always all WTF!
Ike

8:31 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Hey want to share some bully sticks with a friend?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Well, at least you got some treats out of the whole ordeal!!

Holly

9:06 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Glad you survived the dentist/vet. Bones bones bones. And chews. My prescription. Keep chewing.

Deefor

9:41 PM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

Wow - you dodged that one! Bully sticks too! We can't have them anymore - Willie eats his almost whole and mom freaks out.. he ruined it for us.
So glad your chompers can last a little longer!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Thank DOG! Joeythat is excellent news..and you even get tweats by pewscwiption, now i call that a good dogtow!!
Hope you have a gweat celebwation..
I would nevew mistake you fow Tannew
smoochie kisses
Asta

10:24 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

See, that wasn't so bad was it? Turned out to be quite an enjoyable day with your Mom (without Tanner!).

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teeth scraping? good thing you got off lightly eh? :) i think i might have to go in for one of these teeth cleaning procedures some time soon, my molars are yellowing

by the way, HM loves your mom's food blog. the colors, the close ups, the garlic (yes, another garlic lover) and everything. she can't wait to have her own kitchen in sweden to try all the recipes

love..
chiyo

10:43 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joe and Tanner....wowzers now dat is cool news...no scrapin and u gits tweats too...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

11:48 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh joe that is awesome news...and more treats is always a good good thing. i have never been to the doggy dentist...i dont know if i would like that....i betcha sophie will lovvvvvve your pearly white smile...

11:52 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

You sure have good taste. Those treats looks great!

I might need to go for dental cleaning soon too. I hope I can escape it like you did.

Luv,
Snowball

12:13 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

How come your Mum got something? She wasn't tortured. I'm not allowed tripe because I swallow it whole.

Simba xx

2:33 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Sounds like it was worth the torture if you got all those great chewies out of it.

What's up with that last photo? You look like a regular pointer. You are so multi-talented.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You have one smart vet prescribing bones!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:19 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

That be great news, whee!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

4:25 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Wow - Sounds like your torture treatment really paid off!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Ooo, bully sticks!!!! Those chews will help to clean your teeth. Just don't swallow it whole aight?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:18 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

OMG that is THE BEST NEWS!!!!! (we think your teeth look FABULOUS!!) and geesh you go to the Vet and get treats to eat, we go and they take xrays and ultrasounds and take out hole punchers and BUT NO TREATS!!!! We are so moving to Arizona Love A+A

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe!

Tell your mom that Bark is a great magazine! "Dog is my co-pilot!"

I'm glad you don't have to go back for teeth scraping for a while--it doesn't sound like fun.

diane

11:00 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hey Joey!
Sorry to hear that you got tortured at the vet, but so good that you don't have to go back soon. And you got to go to PetSmart, woo!! Do you recommend those chewies you got? I like to chew and swallow everything too... like my corn cob. Am I not supposed to eat that?
Love Clover xo

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

That is great news, Joe! No teeth cleaning, AND a trip to get some new treats! That's awesome. Too bad they confused you with the Doofus. Maybe you should have bit her. Would that help clean your teeth?

Your friend, Lenny

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great that you don't need to get your teeth cleaned by the vet - and even better you get to do it with loads of bully sticks!!

River

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Cool! I don't think my vet has ever told my Mom to buy me more treats! You are so lucky!!
Kaos

1:41 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Yo Joe! That's one cool vet ya got. Mine doesn't like me eating bones but my human still gets them for me. Big juicy fat beef bones - YUMMY!

You are one funny dude!

luv ya,
Lola Smiles

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Joe, glad to hear you didn't need to see the dentist! And you get more chews out of it too, that's quite a result! J x

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home