Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shaquille and Getting Busted with the Corn


Last night Shaq made his debut with the Phoenix Suns basketball team. I was right there to cheer him on. They didn't win but Shaq looked like he will fit in just fine.


The Doofus was busy being BAD as usual. Don't mind Dad, he likes to stack the cushions on himself, what a weirdo.

So today Mom decided to stay home to hang out with us. She said something about an upset stomach but, whatever, I am sure she is spending time in the bathroom just thinking about how lucky she is to have such a great dog.

I really am taking my VET's advice seriously because I don't want to go in for that cleaning.


I tried to give that corn a try to see how it cleans my teeth.


This is not bad at all!


I am trying to get those 'hard to reach spots' they always talk about on the commercials.


Uh oh, the Doof realized I have his corn. I am not doing anything over here Doofus!


CRAP he is on to me!!


Of course he ends up with the stinking corn, he is such a MENACE!!


Oh well, I will just stay over here and soak up some sun!

41 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh man. That picture of the Doof spotting you with the corn on the bed is priceless. Priceless, I tell you! Priceless.

xo
SB

2:53 PM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey
We need a plan for you to eat in secret!!!
I like to visit mommy in the bathroom when she leaves the door open.Above the commode is the bathroom window so I hop on her lap and look outside...she says nasty stuff but I ignore all that!!
So glad they did not have to make you sleep while they cleaned your teeth!
Frasier

3:21 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Maybe your mom can get you your own corn, Joey! It's cheaper than the vet's teefy cleaning proceedure!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:51 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Those are great pictures. We love you guys

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

he's not even chewing the corn, but the cob! how silly is that!!!

Lots of Licks, ruby

4:07 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Bathrooms are a great place to sit and meditate, so I imagine your mom had you first and foremost on her mind today.

She probably sat there with a smile on her face and thought of all the wonderful treats and toys she's going to give you guys.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies Joe and Tanner, heehee u chew one end and tanner chews the other...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

4:26 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

You gave that corn a serious chomping! Is it made by Nylabone? Ma tried to find one for Cassidy, but they only seem to sell the bone shaped ones here.

Toodle pip
Harry x

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I'll bet that stupid Lola gave your Mom her pukey poopie belly! Lola is the Biggest Doofus of all!

Hope your Mom feels better...and you get lots more chewies to help clean your teefies.

Sherman

5:20 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That corn sure looks yummy. And Tanner looks a little crazy when he sees you. He really needs to chill. Maybe he needs some tranquilizers. (I can think of someone in my house who needs something!)

Deefor

5:30 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

You should have just kept your head turned away when he popped up over the bed.... I usually try to pretend something isn't there so it goes away.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, don't give it up that easily! He's going to think he OWNS you now!

5:33 PM  
Blogger vix said...

I think I know why your dad sits with pillows all over him when he's on the sofa -- you'd put pillows all over yourself too if the Doofus walked all over your body with his chunky little self!

Sneak the corn again, Joey, it's your only hope!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger wally said...

You're a Cornhusker like ME! So I'm totes excited to hear the news about your teeths. AWESOME. And I know your mom was totally faking. She just wanted to admire your 9 years young teeths.

wally.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Aw.. maybe your mom can get you another corn. Just for you?
You sure look worried when Tanner spotted you with his corn.

~ Girl girl

6:16 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

He looks like he's really sharpening that shank.
Ike

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

you guys always kill me!!!

you're too cute!!!

wigglebutt wags,
lola

6:43 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Is he making the corn sharper now that he caught you?

Love
Boy n Baby

7:43 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

So did that corn help with your hard to reach areas? I have the same one but it's taking forever to get the corn shank effect. Damn.!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
I hope your mom is feeling better now!
Yes, Tanner does not look so happy watching you with his corn!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:56 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We hope your mom is all better now. (Don't tell Tanner, but he's chewing the wrong end of the corn!!!)

snickering wags from the whippets

9:48 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We hope your mom is all better now. (Don't tell Tanner, but he's chewing the wrong end of the corn!!!)

snickering wags from the whippets

9:48 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Joey, he doesnt mind at all coz he is not chewing at the corn part...so ou guys can share it....

11:09 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, i got my teeth cleaned by chewing bone weekly. same goes to the cow. aren't u chewing bones too?

wet wet licks

Boo

11:40 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I can't believe how chewed the corn is! I think lying in the sunshine is better then chewing stuff any day.

Simba x

2:31 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, watch out, he might be making another shank to stick you with.

Maybe your momma could spring for TWO corn cobs. That Tanner just looks like trouble. Watch you back, little man.

Mango

4:34 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

How come you give that corn back to Doofus? I never expect to you to give in to Doofus. So what if the corn was once his?

Luv,
Snowball

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, hope your mum is feeling better now. I think you need to get your own corn shank. Just in case. Jx

5:27 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

I think your dad puts those pillows on top of himself so he won't get trampled on by the Doofus!
Tell Joey to mind his own business and stop stealin your stuff!!
He and Paris sound a lot alike!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

oops, I meant tell Tanner to behave.
Sorry, it's early.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hey Joe,
Haha, this post made my mom laugh out loud. The pictures of Tanner watching you with the corn are hilarious. How do your parents always get such great pictures of you?
I really love my corn too... I eat the little bits I chew off and then mom and dad take it away from me. Am I not supposed to eat it?
Love Clover xo

6:55 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

u seemed to be chewing off the corn...are they consumable??... tasty?

9:20 AM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

That is the best photo of you guys - you're sureprised and Doofus is evenmore surpised!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Murphey said...

Joe, man, when the doof figured out you had his corn it looked like his eyes were gonna pop outta his head! Too bad he didn't let you keep it.

Murph

1:15 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Joey..ya can't pull anything over on Doofman...

That corn looks pawsome...I've asked for an ear for quite a while...maybe Mumsie will spring for one now.

Hey ur toys look just like ours in the tv room...all over the place!!!!! Drives Daddy crazy.

Scruffy

2:37 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hey buddy,

you have been nominated for Photo of the Month over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

love
Opy

2:40 PM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Hello joey.
Corn narrows in teeth when I eat.
A great photograph is tooth polish.
A wonderful weekend with corn. :)

from loved ume tyan

8:27 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

That corn looks delish -- gotta make a note to bug Mom about getting me some too. Yeah, I have to open the bathroom door when she's in there taking a shower to make sure she's really in there so I can go back to sleep. She gets grumpy 'cause I'm letting the cold air in? I let myself in, I'm not letting cold air in! She's crazy!

Rudy

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh Joe I think Tanner it out for some payback by trying to force you to go in for that teeth cleaning....

River

3:54 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

I hope your breath smells soo much better now, Joey. Are those corn cobs delish? Never tried any before. That Doofus sure loves his corn!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:14 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Dawson has one of those corn things. Grammie got it to see if he would chew on it instead of his paws. How dumb is she? Hope your Mom got out of the bathroom so she could make some more great food.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home