Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, February 09, 2008

I am home, don't worry...

So I ran away and I am not saying where I went but if you know that some dog was in Flagstaff you might know whose spot in the bed I was filling. I am home now because Mom sent me a message on my Twitter. Some dogs were wondering what Twitter was. Here is the definition from Wikipedia.

"Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (or "tweets"; text-based posts, up to 140 characters long) to the Twitter website, via short message service, instant messaging, or a third-party application such as Twitterrific.

Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and instantly delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them."

Well, Mom messaged me that she picked up a couple of things for me today and I better come home.


She got this stuff because our good friend Harry recommended it. I didn't think this was worth coming home for, but then she pulled out this...


OMDOG, I have seen lots of other doggies with these treats and I couldn't believe Mom found them for us. She went to a store that Gus's Muzzer told us about and they had them!!

Here is the most important thing...


Well, thank goodness, who would ever want STAINS on their carpet. It has surely NEVER happened in our house before.

You might wonder if I ran away just because I don't want to go to the VET for my teeth. Oh no, it was worse than that...


I was being extra licky on my paws the other night so Mom did THIS!!!!! Can you even believe it! Can you see how MAD I am?! That is when I took off...but I am back, for now!

26 Stains:

Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Oh good grief Joe! First you have to get your teefies cleaned and now this??? The horror.

Those Sam's Yams rock, btw. The girls don't like them so I get to eat as many as I can fit in my belly. Which is a lot. Enjoy!

Sherman

5:44 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh joe glad you are home but those socks are awful. I can see why you ran away. I have never had sweet potatoes I bet they are yummy

6:01 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, Joe, What is she doing to you? Although I do have to say, you kind of look cute in those sockies.

xo
SB

6:14 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

OOOHHH we want us some sweetly taters!
Sorry about the socks... they would drive us nuts. Socks look like they would make you lisp. We hope you aren't saying, "Get thethe thtoopid thockth off me."

wagth, er wags from the whippets

6:21 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh Joe...Do not feel bad about the socks, I know Gussie has worn them when he had the bad lickies too. His are white with little blue baseballs. hehehehe
now everydoggy knows one of his seecrets!

Teka Toy

6:35 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Hey Joe...do your socks come 4 to a pack? Wonder what you'd look like in knee-highs...

Love & Licks,
Randi

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joe!
Sure is great to know that you are back home! I was worried!
Yuck teeth cleaner! Yummy treats! and.... funny socks??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:26 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

LOL! I'd run away too! I hope Mom doesn't get any bright ideas, she already hates us tracking in dirt from the outside. She just made Uncle Dennis shampoo the den carpet so all OUR stains go away. I think we're having company tomorrow night; so I hear they're not coming in that room anyway... so why the shampoo? She's so weird.
Hope you like the yams, I never did care much for them. I like the expensive homemade doggie treats (Mom: I wish he didn't!).

Love,
Rudy

9:57 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh my socks...socks on joey..did she at least put socks on tanner too to make you feel like not such a dork....i mean..you arent a dork..but man...those are baby socks...you do look kinda sweet though joe...and those treats look so yummmy i cant even believe it

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I think I'd run away too....

River

12:25 AM  
Blogger vix said...

I can't stop LAUGHING at how mad you are in that bottom pic!!!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, dude, just eat those dumb socks and then have a good laugh when you see Mom's expression when they come out the other end.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

I hope everything went well at the vet. Oh no, now you gotta eat this rubbish? Joey, you gotta chuck that thing out of the window!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

4:51 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

The indignity!!!

You can run away here anytime you want!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:17 AM  
Blogger Izzie said...

I'm glad you are home, and I like the socks (only cuz I'm not wearing them!). I'd eat them off my paws if I were you. To make you feel better, I gave you some awards! Go gettem ;).

9:27 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Dawson had to wear socks once, but he froze in place when he had four on. They finally had to take them off him so he would go outside. He just started chewing again.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Nice socks. Ha ha!
Ike

1:11 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joey
Glad you got home ok. Those treats look nice. But you need a bloody buffalo bone to clean your teeth. They last forever too.

Bet you smell kissable to other doggies.

Deefor

5:35 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

OK the socks would NOT last in our house we would eat them off!! But don't those sweet potaoes RULE!!!!! They coome in big chunks too(they last longer) BUT they are wicked expensive,so tell your Mom to use Butchy + Snickers recipe or email PL2 +she can give it to her. PL2 just about has it down now(like after 3000 tries) Glad you home Love A+A

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Hey Joey -
Those sweet potato chewies look extra yummy. Where did your mom get them? Our girl said she would buy us some. Those socks look terrible. The girl wants to know where to buy doggie socks cuz Comet licks his feet. Don't tell her though. Sweet potatoes, yes. Socks, no.
Comet and BLU

7:41 PM  
Blogger Koobuss said...

It is certainly understandable why you ran away, Joey, but I have have to say that those socks match your eyes perfectly. You look very handsome wearing them. Hehe.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

7:46 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

I'm so glad you came back..I get youw point about the socks..you look weally pissed off, but they sowt of bwing out the blue in youw eyes..vewy handsome!
smoochie kisses
ASta

12:31 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Tee hee Joey, me likes your socks. I think you could pull them off though! But then you migfht have to wear scary lampshade like Harry, so me think you better be good boy.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

4:20 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Joe, my people do the same thing when I lick my paws. It's so humiliating. At least your socks are kind of cute. My people put my dad's big stinky socks on my paws. And then tape them on, if they get desperate. Maybe the sweet potato treats will help your teeth?

Your friend, Lenny

Pee Ess - I don't think I thanked you yet for the pawsome weekend in Arizona!!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

JOey, you look so cute in the last pic. Hee...

Luv,
Snowball

3:35 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oooo, I love those Sam's Yams. They don't sell them here in the UK so J1 had to get them sent over from the US! Now she just makes them herself cos it's much cheaper! J x

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home