Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tanner is oblivious...

Tanner doesn't seem to realize exactly what he has done. You know that saying, ignorance is bliss?? Well, Tanner is the most blissful dog I have ever met in my life. Mom said that is why he is so wonderful and lovable, but whatever, I think he has no idea what he is in for! Lacie has decided she wants to go on a D A T E with Tanner??!!!!

I tried to talk to him about it...




He was all, "WTF". Notice he is laying ON my chicken toy that I got from Sophie. He is such a toy hoarder!

I tried to explain that he is in deep doo doo and of course he was all...




WHO ME?!




Then he went right back to chewing on his toy and holding my chicken hostage.




I was at least able to rescue my Princess Chicken, she was in a dire position and may not have survived had I not intervened...




Who knows what else he has stuffed under that log-like body of his. Hopefully he figures out a way to take his corn shank on this date...and a photographer, I can't WAIT to see this!

30 Stains:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the wifey?

9:14 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I really think the khontinued exposure to the heat in AZ has khooked his brains!

Lacie?
Date??

SHUDDERING.....

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

9:29 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Tee hee..

9:47 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

This is like one of those horror, suspense thriller movies!
Luv,
Dave

10:05 AM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

Tanner -

We don't think Lillie's gonna like this.......

Or maybe she's going on your date with you......

This is gonna get "FUGLY" - Nobody wants to see a chick fight....

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Better Tanner than you! Maybe Lacie will fall madly in love with him and he will go live with her and you will get your mom and dad all to yourself. But then you might actually miss Tanner and then your mom and dad might get another dog and it might be a girl dog and then I would have to be jealous. Okay, maybe Tanner shouldn't go on this date.

xo
SB

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

And, I think Princess Chicken is in the most precarious position of all in that last shot.

xo
SB

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As th Dogs' World Turns. Doggy soap opera. But Tanner is so cute. I can see why dog girls would fight over him.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hmmm ... married Doofus dog who has a hot but crazy girl after him?

My dad says that psycho chicks can be fun in a wild kinda way, but only for VERY short periods of time. Then they get annoying.
Please advise Tanner accordingly.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

11:58 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh my god....is tanner turning into a playboy..next thing you know he will be wearing a silk robe with some lady on each arm..i am sure his wife will not be impressed...good luck Tanner...Lacey is for sure up to no good...

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's, heehee me readed lacies post all wrong...me thought joey and lacie had a date...me iz gonna has to fire my mama, iffin she dont straighten up..

b safe,
~rocky~

12:55 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

So, when exactly IS this date? Hmm? I want to be on the lookout for the post-date debriefing.

You know, maybe Tanner will have himself a fine time no matter WHAT Lacie has cooked up for him. He's just that kind of guy. Like your mama said. That is what makes him lovable.

I'm glad you rescued your princess chicken from underneath Tanner's booty. Looks like a pretty toxic place to store her.

Goober love,
Stanley

1:25 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Ya know...if you need to pay the photographer hazardous duty pay, let me know. I will be happy to chip in. Also, Teka wishes him all the best....he may be oblivious enough to have a really great time.


gussie

1:28 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I really think Tanner should stick to the Toy Hoarding instead of playing the Dating Game...

I'm kind of worried about this one...

Abby xxxooo

1:34 PM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

I would volunteer as the Doffus' bodyguard BUT... I'm way too scared to be present at that union!

It's gonna be one of those "told you so" moments Joe.. on the assumption he survives the date and on the secondary assumption that Lillie doesn't kill him if he survives..

I hope a camera is present. even though it will be one of those *hide behind a ushion* viewings.. ummm not that we don't all love Lacie.. but boy, I don't have dog doodies big enough to DATE her! I'm quivering just thinking bout it!

2:29 PM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Oh heck!

When is this date to take place and where?

Molly and Taffy

3:01 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Boy oh boy oh boy. Baaad news. Tanner and Lacie... But first up the chicken Princess could be exploded into space if she remains in that position of high velocity for much longer. ( You need to be careful of her re-entry Joe ok?)

As for. Lacie and Tanner.Dating. Crumbs.Deep doo doo indeedy. Was it his DOT who aggreed to this date? I'm earning myself a Jo Stains award even thinking 'bout it....

Worried wags, Eric

4:23 PM  
Blogger Duke said...

We're thinking this date will go along just fine! Tanner is really just a big old lovable doofus!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:28 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????OMG we must have missed a post here....now we have to look back...the date will be worse than what is happening to the chicken...Love A+A

6:03 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????OMG we must have missed a post here....now we have to look back...the date will be worse than what is happening to the chicken...Love A+A

6:03 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
I wonder what Lillie thinks about this date!
I can't wait to know about it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

6:55 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

This is just great - so when is the next chapter coming in this marvelous tale?

Love the chicken and tail shot.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

7:08 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Cool, make sure he at least takes a camera if he can't take a photographer along. We gotta see this.

tailwags
Noah

9:08 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

I thought Tanner had a wife. What is he doing going on a date with Lacie? This is not right!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
How sweet to be so cawing about youw little defenseless bwuvvew..did I say defenseless???
Isn't he the one you said was going to kill you wif his cown shank?
I'm weally scawed fow my innocent little BFF Lacie..this could get ugly
scawed smoochie kisses
ASTA
can't they just have a NICE time? she did wif Opus

9:43 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I am looking forward to Tanner's date with the Lacie beast. Some mistakes just have to be made for little dudes to wise up.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:33 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Who knows???
There may be wedding bells in the near future.....

8:11 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

lovely to be oblivious.......it is a talent given to few, longed for by many.

10:29 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

You're lucky Tanner doesn't have thumbs or he would definitely be snapping his fingers at you in a Z-shaped formation.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Regarding Asta's comment, I think perhaps Lacie's date with Opus was fine because 1.) he speaks cat, 2.) he speaks cat in Italian, and 3.) he has pointy teeth and sharp claws.

My strategy when I first went out with Lacie was to keep her a little dizzy, a tad off-balance. That's why I took her to Coney Island and just went from one ride to another!

Good luck little buddy!

Your pal,

Petey

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home