Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Its the end of the world as she knows it...

So my darling dear Sophie is getting a sissy or a brother today. Can you BELIEVE IT?! She is getting a greyhound. *gulp* If you did not know, a greyhound once bit the top of my ear off at the dog park. You can click here to read about it (You can also see very handsome photos of me when I was young and pics of a young cowboy pig - go ahead and look, I can wait...)

So now that you are all caught up, back to the subject at hand. What if this greyhound is a vicious ear eater like the one that bit me???? I decided to tell Tanner to do some research and get back to me. (younger siblings ARE good for something)




OK that JOE said tell him about those Greyhounds. OK This book says LOTS to know about dogs and stuff.




It totally must be GOOD because Dennis the Viszla dog wrote it!!




OK here is that greyhound page...




JOE it says GENTLE and SENSITIVE!!! NOT VICIOUS!! It also says DOCILE but I don't know WTF that means, must be like FRENCH or some crap. but I think Sophie will be OK Joey.

I wonder what that book says about BOSTON TERRIERS...








OMDOG Playful and very affectionate...




NOT! LOLOL. More like Grumpy! Joey must be some other breed or something.

OK Doofus...you can go back to whatever it was you were doing, your research is OVER.

So I guess I am a bit less worried about Sophie, I do hope she can adjust to having a sibling. and I really hope she doesn't get a DOOFUS.




Affectionate...that book is CRAZY...

31 Stains:

Blogger Koobuss said...

Oh boy. Poor Sofie. Her days of only dogdom are coming to an end. And, you never know what you are going to get. I don't have to tell you about that, Joey. You and Gus know better than anybody.

Good luck to Sofie. Hope her new younger sibling is works out and is lots of fun.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

11:06 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joe stains its dennis the vizsla dog hay sumwun is yoozing my likeness to sell buks!!! hoo do i soo first the publisher the bukseller or the awthor??? ennyway i think that wurd docile is pronownsed do-SEE-lay and it is an italyan wurd just like fragile!!! ok bye

11:33 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

maybe they will get along really good.. you never know. I like Maisie.
your pal, Morgan

11:39 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We sure hope Sophie likes her new brother or sissy and they get along right from the start! Paws are crossed!
We think you're affectionate in your own way, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

11:48 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I hope Sophie likes her new brother or sister Greyhound...

I don't think they all like to bite ears off...You probably just ran into one that was having a bad day & his parents didn't know enough to keep him home...

Abby xxxooo

12:29 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

That's so very exciting! We like having siblings! I hope Sophie does, too!
Love,
Ammy
PS: I loved seeing those "old" pix of you- and your great brother Lobo!!! <3

12:35 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh dear poor sofie...i have had the beast known as buddha ..all weekend again...at least he leaves today...and i can rest....by the way joe...you were so adorable when you were a little itty bitty guy

12:37 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe and Tanner
I know some really nice greyhounds so she should be ok. Sorry to read about your ear. That must have been scary. I bet you are playful and affectionate when you wanna be.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Yeah...you know how breed standards are set, don't ya? By the exceptions (Tanner, Teka, etc.) who prove the rule. So, while Sophie's new sib may be all the things the book says, he/she may also be like the one who bit off your ear.

Here's hopin' she gets one like my pal Raven


kisses
gussie

2:16 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I know!

I so hope she doesn't get a Doofus!

Paws khrossed she's pawmitted to selekht the bestest one fur her!

Hugz&Khsses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Woo were handsome way bakhk then too!

2:21 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Did you miss the part that said you are also intelligent? We know a few greyhounds around here and they all seem very nice AND docile, whatever that means.

woos, the OP Pack

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Good luck to Sophie! I hope she gets along pretty well with her new bro/sis!
Admit it. That description of you breed is very good!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

3:21 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey! I went to Miss Sophie's bloggy and there were NO pictures of HER! Did that freaky greyhound scare her off?

Nice to see you during happier times with cowboy pig. Wonder what that book says about relentlessly huge doggies. Most likely that they are just the best and smartest and most handsome ever.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:31 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! I am okay. But thanks so much for worrying about me and getting that Doofus to do that research. He's here and he's has freakishly long legs. Now I know how Wally feels.

xo
SB

P.S. I love that pic of you with the band aid on your ear. So cute.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Ohhh nooo.. yet another of my friend is subjected to having a younger sibling.. **sigh**

Greyhound sounds fun.. there's a greyhound in our neighbourhood and he's pretty friendly.

Good luck Joey, you have a new brother/ sister in-law

9:02 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Ohhh nooo.. yet another of my friend is subjected to having a younger sibling.. **sigh**

Greyhound sounds fun.. there's a greyhound in our neighbourhood and he's pretty friendly.

Good luck Joey, you have a new brother/ sister in-law

9:02 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I always thought of Sophie as an only dog type ...
Ike

10:12 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Tanner sure is good at doing research.

~ Bae

11:04 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Crickey poor Sophie. Hmm is Tanner going to school? He's getting smart at that reading and stuffie!

Wiry wags n kisses Eric xx

12:23 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Poor Sophie! Having a sister certainly changed things around here.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Jazzi and Simba xxx

12:55 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey blogger is annoying us today. It wont let us leave a message....grrrrrr.
We will try again.

You're little bro did good this time mate. You can rest assured that Sophie is living with a good breed.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

2:44 AM  
Blogger wally said...

I am so nervous for SophieB. We know how horribly awry a new baby brudder can go. Mine has been following me around because he is afraid he is going to get left behind in our move. Maybe I shouldn't have told him he had to find a new family.

I looked at your old pictures and you were ham damnsome but I think that we both get better with age, right?

wally t.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

They should name this greyhound Tyson after Mike Tyson (BOL).
Rosie

7:26 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Love the vintage pictures and seeing you pre-Tanner! Wowowow. Can't wait to hear all about Sophie and the Greyhound!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

And I bet that book also said Cockers were "sweet, family dogs". Yeah, as if!!!

That was nice of the Doofus to do the research. Maybe Sophie's greyhoundog won't be so dang nippy!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

I don't think I would take as gospel any book written by Dennis the Vizsla dog and read by the Doofus. Somehow, the information and the interpretation could be alll wrong.
So I say, don't worry about Sophie, she can take care of herself and every greyhound I have know has been a nice dog. The one that bit your ear off was an exception!

Take it easy, Joe!

Kisses,
Stella

9:17 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Hi Joe
We have always met really nice greyhounds and the book seems to agree so it should be OK!
Did you a look to see what it says about basset hounds?
We are both bassets but have completely different temperaments - a bit like you and Tanner!
We agree, the book is crazy!!
Does it say you are both adorable even if one is grumpy?
love
Martha & bailey xxx

10:11 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
It's wondewful that you awe so cocewned fow youw beloved Sophie..
I suwe hope she doesn't get one of those exception type Gweyhounds who bit off eaws. I went to youw post and we-minissed wif you about youw happy days.

I think you'we affectionate, but bobo cewtainly doesn't fit that bweed standawd LOL
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess Thanks again fow helping my doofus Mommi out wif the video

1:05 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joey,
I bet Sophie feels much better hearing that her new sib will be docile enough for her to beat up.
And skinny enough to stuff under the couch when she gets sick of him.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

2:42 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Good thing he checked it out...Hey maybe when it rains Sophie can stand under the greyhound so she won't get wet...Love A+A

6:19 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Ha ha, the bird books say cockatiels are affectionate and look at crabby old CC-man. Those books aren't always right :)

I hope Sophie gets along well with her new sibling.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home