Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu!?!?

Everyday Mom and Dad come home for lunch so that they can make it through their days without crying. I cannot imagine how they might make it through NINE hours without seeing us if they were unable to do that. Anyway, when they are home they often watch the news.

As you can see, Tanner and I also watch the news. Really. We got distracted for like a minute here by Dad's chips... (I swear my Dad wears shirts to work, he just says it is way too hot when he comes home for lunch. TRY HAVING FUR BUDDY!)

Lunch with the dogs
But usually, we are right there keeping up on current events. We had heard about this swine flu and Sophie asked me how Cowboy Pig was?? OMDOG?? I hadn't even THOUGHT about that. He lives in the pantry with my Canadian Moose, my squirrel and my Mom's bear she has had since she was 6, which is like 345890 years ago. Otherwise Tanner would kill them all. So I ran to the pantry...

So far, Cowboy pig has seen no negative effects from Swine Flu
Well Cowboy Pig looks ok...

So far, Cowboy pig has seen no negative effects from Swine Flu
OMDOG is this what goes on in here?? They are playing poker, eating chips and drinking booze???!?! I should certainly say he is safe from Swine Flu but I am not sure how his stomach is going to feel later!!

39 Stains:

Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Joey, Never never never would we try to make you look bad!!!

We know you will be a knock-out!!!

Jake and Just Harry

5:29 PM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

I want to know if that pig speaks chipmunk. I've tried, and they usually scream and run away. Maybe it's because I'm telling them that I'd like to eat their livers, or maybe I just have it all wrong. Let me know if he can help!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Glad to know Cowboy Pig is doing well!
I don't think our pigs here are playing poker!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:02 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Well look at that - I am going to have to look after my stuffies to see what they are up to when I am away. Sneaky little fellas!
Loves from pugs,
Rosie Marie

7:07 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! That's too funny. You know, those Canadian Meeses are pretty good poker players. Sorry he corrupted that rest of those stuffy kids with his bad habits.

xo
SB

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stuffies are having a poker party??? That's just crazy! Well, at least Cowboy Pig seems fine.

See ya!
Joey

7:32 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

Those are soooooooooo my kind of stuffies...

I may be stoppin' by to join them tonight!!!

Deal me in guys!!!!!

Scruffman

7:54 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Can I come live at youw houseJoey?
Mom takes off hew clothes at home when it's hot too(luckily, no one can see in, hehehe) but we nevew have chips(something about them being way too fat aweady and since theiw ancient , chips appeawantly go wight to youw bum)

I'm so welieved cowboy Pig is OK..I was wowwied about him too
smoochie kisses to the best infowmed boyz on the blog
love
Asta

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa. Your mom has quite the imgagination Joey. I noticed Tanner's little gut there. Hehe. He's a portly little fella.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, Cowboy pig is living the good life inside that pantry! Maybe you should join him, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:00 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A poker pawty??? And look at all the goodies. Joey, you better start checking up on Cowboy Pig a bit more often and get in on some of the action.

Woos, the OP Pack

4:19 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

What a relief Cowboy Pig is okay!

Maybe if you asked politely, they will let you come in their cabinet for a little booze and poker!???

4:37 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Even the khritters in The Pantry aren't safe from the heat!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

all I can bark Joe, is can I come and live in your pantry? It looks grrrreat fun.

We are sick of the 'panic' here about swine flu, the press is going overboard with it all!

Happy Weekend to you and your family.

pee ess my J says to tell your Ma, that my J has been very naughty and not had time as yet to look at your Ma's Cookery Blog. Nor to post any new stuff on her own.

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxx oh and Jeannie xx

5:53 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHIPS! They are so crunchy. Sometimes when the Dad is getting lunch ready, we walk him over to the pantry and stare at the door until he opens it and takes out the CHIPS! Glad your pig is okay. Akira would kill it too. I like to PLAY with the stuffies!

Shiro

6:10 AM  
Blogger Beckett said...

omdog deal me IN!

Beckett

6:30 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Glad to hear Cowboy Pig is doing well...He doesn't look worried at all about the Flu thing...

Looks like he's holding a pretty good hand, too...

Abby xxxooo

7:38 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD...it looks like they are having way too much fun Joe. hey, that little bear of your Mom's is way cute!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:13 AM  
Blogger Nibbles Treats said...

This swine flu has us concerned too. Nice job keeping an eye on those chips too!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am SO relived that Cowboy pig is ok... but disturbed by the fact that his life looks way more fun than mine! Just hangin' out on that shelf havin' fun! Does he have a girlfriend???

8:37 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Cowboy Pig was partying without you?! Not fair! You need to forget the news and keep your eye on the pantry, man.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joe, I swear, you crack me up!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

That was such a funny post!! Your Dad is very colourful - we like his tatoos. Martha growls at men with shirts and ties so it is OK he has taken his shirt off. Martha is much more relaxed with that.
We are so relieved that Cowboy Pig is free of symptoms.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

10:42 AM  
Blogger The Airechicks said...

Whooa..

Good thing - Cowboy Pig & his buds don't smoke....

Where do they get their money to bet with???

XXoooXXoooXXXoooXXXo

10:48 AM  
Blogger Life With Dogs said...

Mask that piggy! ;)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Cowboy Pig looks just fine to us. If he spends his day in the closet eating chips and drinking booze he probably isn't exposed to the virus.

1:43 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Hmm. I wonder if Cowboy Pig would share his Fritoes with me. I'm really good at poke=her, too. I always run up behind Mom and poke her good! Ha roo roo roo!
Hey... do your bipeds say your feet smell like Fritoes?
Play bows,
Zim

2:52 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i think your dad should just get a tattoo of a tie and collar and he wouldnt have to wear a shirt...and i hope you got chips...geez...the waiting just makes my mouth water for you....

4:51 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I think the bear has toot-face.
Ike

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

ok, I am moving to your house if this what goes on in your pantry!! cards & chips - yummy! lol - too funny!

mom says the world is over-reacting. there are way worse viruses that are deadlier out there. so chip up dudes! life is good! xox

6:01 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hi Joey. Man, it's just not right when the stuffies are having more fun than we are, don't you agree? Pawsonally, we think this oinky flu is being blown out of proportion a bit.....Our mom loves your Mom's bear and your cowboy pig too!
Hugs
Sunny
pee ess
try the heat in a t shirt all the time!! Mom finally found me a tank top this afternoon.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

hay hay tannerer.ok anok r u goin on airruby too? hope i gits too see yoo! whasssuuupppp!!!!!
hi 5's
scooter

6:05 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Damn, Joey. We gotta get in on that poker party, they got Fritos!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg
P.S. I think Tanner would make an excellent hype man, he's kind of a nutjob, just like Flav.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Is there room in the cabinet for me? They look like some wicked party animals. Glad Cowboy Pig is safe.

Your parents come home for lunch? You lucky little guys. Oh yeah, momma says your dad doesn't need a shirt because he has such pretty paintings on hisself. Why cover them up?

Slobbers,
Mango

7:07 PM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Yur mommy & daddy R so lucky to have woo & Tanner to help them get thru the day!!!

-da boyz, Cosmos & Juneau-

8:15 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joe stains its dennis the vizsla dog hay see!!! this is why i must destroy my stuffies to sayv them frum a life of sutch inikwitty!!! ok bye

9:28 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oh! The pigs ust have hangovers! Yeesh! Those masks aren't going to help with THAT.

wally t.

2:38 AM  
Blogger vix said...

What is Mom's old bear? It looks like a Monchichi variety?! Hope you guys are holding in there; the comment about Joey's mug on that bag was hilarity.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home