Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, April 24, 2009

And the winner is... ME!

After long deliberations and lots of great advice (thanks you guys, and Mom said she totally thinks its OK to use Wellness food if it works for you!!!!) we made a choice. We chose Orijen Senior food. This Orijen is heavy in protein and has no grains, so we will see how it goes. We will have to transition slowly as this is quite a change, but the good news is, I LOVE IT!!




This food is just for me??




Hm, yep it says Senior!!! That is me, older but WISER but definitely not OLD.




MOM HE IS TOUCHING MY FOOD!! I mean, that is not how a SENIOR dog behaves. Mother, he is sniffing my ultra delicious food.

SO we are trying this a little bit at a time with the Merrick and we will see how it goes. If my poos improve and I continue to love the taste, we will probably transition Tanner to the adult food also, just because Mom really likes the ingredients and what she has read about the company and manufacturing. Cross your paws her poop studies end up coming out like she wants them! And most important, THANKS again for all the great comments and advice, you guys are the best.

35 Stains:

Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Am I firstest?? Wahhhoooooooooo!

Joey, she took ur ketchup to work....??? Like bring ur kid to work day...cept she brought ur ketchup? Hmm....Hopefully the bottles are learnin' something...like what they wanna do when they grow up??

Um...tell Tanner (as I'm not speakin' to him...) that Cloofus is here with Clacie...I can only imagine what they're up too...

So, my sweet Eric has a wife? Hmmm....hopefully this won't cramp our lesson time at all....he has a lot of work to do before he meets my standards....

I guess I'll just sit here tonight and read a womance novel since I'm not allowed to go out...

Pfoooooooey....

Laciegirlie

Did Tanner get grounded???

5:40 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! My mom is switching me too. It's like we're doing it together. She even did some reading today about evo vs. orijen and that makes her feel pretty good, because Evo was evil for me. Apparently for lots of other pups too, but Orijen is a much different formulation and supposed to be better.

Bon apetite baby!

xo
SB

6:58 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Do they have a furmulation for Doofus's? Wouldn't that be special special needs?

I sooo khan't wait to hear the AZ Poo report!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:25 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

What can one say when you follow Miss Fluffy Tail!

Good luck on the new grub and better poos.

Kisses,
Stella

8:09 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

What is the deal with our humans and poop? They are always outside looking at it. keep us up to speed on that new food. I could use a senior food also. Nothing wrong with being senior. We are just wiser and more adorable than the youngsters.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's, me glad u finded a food u like...me just likes me kibbles..wiff a little table food in there..

b safe,
~rocky~

9:42 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Joey
Hope you enjoy your new food matie. Make sure Tanner stays away from it ok.

tailwags
Noah

10:01 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

HI, Joey!
I wish you a good poop!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:46 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Joey, good luck with the food - there is nothing wrong with being senior. As you say it means that you are older and wiser.
Our mum thinks the best years of her last dog's life were the seniour ones - he was so much more sensible!!!
We dont know what she means - clearly Bailey and me have a few issues but we are adopted!!!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joey. We have never heard of Orijen. It's not on the east coast. you're lucky you have parents who care so much about you.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

You are really guarding your food there Joey!

Let us know how the new grub works out!!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey & Tanner...

Yeah...Our Mom's sure do stress about what we eat & how our poops look...

I just say give me a hamburger & some Froot Loops, & I'm good to go...

She does not agree...

Abby xxxooo

5:16 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

The King of Stains MUST have perfect poops. Good luck with your transition.
Loves from pugs,
Rosie Marie

5:26 AM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Joe,
Good luck with the new food! I agree with Moco, being senior is cool, we are old enough to offically refer to ourselves as "old-school."
Maybe we should start an Old Farts Club?
Happy Pooping!
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

5:36 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey Joey. That stuff is good, and you are lucky to be able to find it. Hope the poop test comes out A-OK

hehehe

gussie

5:56 AM  
Blogger Teddy said...

I hope you love your new food!! Aren't humans silly when it comes to poop? My mom is always examining my poop to make sure I haven't been eating things I'm not supposed to. Is there no such thing as privacy?

Teddy

6:22 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

I sooo hope this yummy food agrees with you! Mom swears I have way more energy with this new food. She also says my fur now glistens...mmmm....whatevah...I just want to be strong & healthy! You know what I'm talking about - right, Joey???

PS. mom switched me over really slowly tooo...about two weeks of mixing with the old food.

9:42 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

We hope it works as good as it tastes! You can't buy Orijen in Norway, but we've heard it's good (for kitties really, but it should be the same thing).

Bajas

10:04 AM  
Blogger the TN Bull Terrors said...

Very good, us dogs don't need them grains any old ways! Looks like yer gonna have to really watch yer brother tho, he's a bit too interested in that bag!

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new food! It sounds great!

See ya!
Joey

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Yep, we have a poop police too. If she isn't the one who takes me out, then she queries Dogdad when he comes back!! Interesting conversations. I'm sure you can recreate them in your minds too. 'Nuff said!!

Let us know about the food. JH has special food for his urinary condition -- but I'm up for grabs.

Jake

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I hope it works out really well for you!
Love,
Ammy

12:42 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh sorry I have been missing, actually to tell the truth or to give you both the whole "poop down", I have been kennelled, 'cos my Jeannie and my Pa, had what they called a "dirty weekend" away, which sounds fair dinkum, to me. But not so much with the kenelling, but I dogress, or digress.

I have just been put on the "senior food" crap, and to be honest it is quite cool, although the kibble is a wee bit smaller, and more crunchy, the flavour is the same though.

I am ok with it all, just kinda resent being called "senior" when I am so young and pup like.

more sooon

love Marvin xxxx

12:48 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Whoa - lucky you are small or your mom would have to take out a second mortgage!
Ike

1:44 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Good luck with Orijen, Joey! Keep us updated on your poo, okay?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:24 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Orijen is a great choice. Glad to hear Mom will make the switch slowly. We hope it firms things up for you, Joe.

Woos, the OP Pack

6:07 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

My hope for you is that you get the perfect poo!
your pal, Morgan

6:57 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Yum!!! Good for you. Food that is tasty & good for you is the best. I love your pics .. Makes me think of the days I had a Boston when I was a little kid - Nice!

9:09 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

I think you're going to like this food!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
That's wondewful that you love youw new food! Now we just have to wait fow the pawfect poo! I hope this is the food that wowks fow you. It sounds supew healthy and good.
I wouldn't let the doof get neaw youw seniow food..it's all youws! You have eawned it wif yeaws of wisdom. ..and you'we definitely NOT OLD
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Good luck to your mom with her poop studies!
Kaos

1:36 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

My momster looks at my poop a little too closely for her own good (i know it's phewy... why do you think i run away from it?). Anyhow, I'm currently on Wellness, which my mom thinks is "not ideal." She's trying to swith me over to Orijen, but it's really hard to find around here. Hope you're switch over helps your poopies and your mommy can step away from 'em!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I hope that food works out for you, and keep tanner out of it. He can eat his own food.

I think they should label it for mature dogs rather than senior. Sounds a bit better, don't you think?

Slobbers,
Mango

4:11 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Oooh! I can't wait to hear your full report on the food. I've heard good things about that food so I hope you LOVE it. It is good to be a senior and you need lots of brain food to feed your smarty senior brain so take good care of it so you don't catch Doofus.

wally t.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

We wish we could have been blogging to lend a hand! Orijen is indeed tasty stuff. And if you're still not producing Grade A feces, we recommend adding a teaspoon of plain canned pumpkin to your meals. The fiber in it will absorb water in the gut and make everything a bit more manageable on the other end.

Hooray to your folks for doing so much research on your feastables! It makes us thrilled to hear when folks KNOW what they're feeding their furkids.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home