Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, March 02, 2009

Something To SAY!

This is Tan Torkelson and I KNOW it is ONLY Monday night here where I am posting this but I gotta get on here and say A couple of things OK?!

Everyone is VERY sad about our good buddy Bogart's Dad going over that rainbow bridge. We know that his wife Lulu has to be the most sadderest person in the world right now and Bogart is probably more confused than I usually am... BUT you know something...

Mom says I am BLISSFUL right? and like I am obliverious or um oblivinating, or like I don't GET stuff most of the time. BUT you know what I DO GET?! I met this guy, Klaus and his BOOTIFUL wife and their SUPER fun dog because we all belong to the besterest community in the whole entire world, DOGS WITH BLOGS. We are all sad right now, but we also need to remember that the LITTLE time we get with our dogs and sometimes the people we love needs to be CELEBRATED too!

We saw a million pics of Bogarts Dad and he was ALWAYS smiling and having fun. So we think you should all take the time to grab a BEER, since Klaus was such a beer dude he MADE HIS OWN, and celebrate Klaus and our wonderful community and SEND some of those smiles TO Lulu and Bogart. (if you don't like BEER have some like um soda or umm milk??!?!)




Mom and Dad will drink those for Klaus, our friend, that while we did not know him for very longerest, has touched our lives AND made me so proud to be a DOG WITH A BLOG. (even if I only get to post on Tuesdays)

46 Stains:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some fine thinking there, Tan. I'm off to raise a pint for Klaus, Lulu, and Bogart.

MK

7:49 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Tanner!
I lite a candle for Klaus. Now I am going to have a Fresca (there are no alcoholic drinks here in my house) for him.
You are right. We have to celebrate his life.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:00 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a grrreat idea!

My mom has been khontemplating having something....

She'll take the Boddington's please!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: AND now she'll be thirsty fur some of Lorenza'a freskha!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Excellent post, Tanner. Probably your lifetime best and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

My Mom will lift her Diet Pepsi to the Bogart family!

Cheers!

Stella

8:44 PM  
Blogger Coco Bean - The Princess said...

Ahh. celebrating not the death, but the life that was well lived. Adn to do so with a pint of beer. Lets do it like the Irish!

Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

Coco - The Princess

9:20 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

ya that really was a sadderest day doof...but your message makes me feel betterest....how come when i ever i talk to you i feel the need to talk dooferest...anyhow thanks for your post doof....you are one sweet little dood

9:51 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

I'm glad I get to know Bogart and his dad Klaus too.

~ Bae

10:27 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

SKOAL!!!! How right you are!!!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter
huuu? what do you mean no beer for us?!? It's for Bogie's dad to celebrate his fun life!!!
AAAWWWRRRIIIGHT couple sips in a bowl...burp
To Klaus!!!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the cuterest and the wiserest little boston. you are carefree not oblivious and you enjoy life.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Tanner - you know what you're talking about this time. Good thinkin' buddy - moms getting the mug - I think i'm getting frosty paws..
your pal, Morgan

10:49 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Tan
You aways suwpwise us wif youw wisdom..I think maybe Joey will have to wethink that Doofus name he calls you..Thank you fow weminding us of the joy that Klaus aways had fow life..we will dwink a beaw(if we can find one,,I may have to go downstaiws to the deli)anyway..I celebwate ouw Love fow each othew
smoochie kisses
ASTA

11:38 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Hey pals
B is having a beer right now and D well she's having a glass of red but that's ok too right.

Here's too Klaus.

Cheers mate!

Noah

12:45 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's, its kinda late here to haff a beer, but me and mama will drink one tomorrow..in celebration of his life...

b safe,
~rocky~

1:18 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

Its only 9am and I'm raising a glass of Guinness (well technically Mum is because she claims I will get sick if I drink it... yeah right!) I'd like to think Klaus would approve, all good beer dudes will tell you its never too early for a beer!
It's not usually Mum's choice of liquid refreshment, she is much more of a Coors Light kinda gal but Grandad brought her the dark stuff and kinda insisted she get it down her neck.. something to do with her having not enough iron (which leads me to believe my suspicions are right and she is some kind of flesh covered robot!!)
Great suggestion Tanner, you are not quite as dooferish as you appear are you buddy?

Ben xxxx

2:07 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a great post, Tanner! Dad raised his wine glass last night and mom and Mitch and I had water! We are celebrating Klaus and life!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:57 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Tanner...

Your a wise little guy wrapped in a Doofus suit...

What a great post...

It's too early for beer, here...But my Mom just raised her coffee cup & I raised my water bowl...

Thanks for the wisdom...

Abby & her Mom xxxooo

4:37 AM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

You are so right Tanner. Wise words. We should celebrate his life and his loves. He will niver be forgotten.

Thanks for doing this post.

Love to you and Joey.

{{huggies}}..Mona

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Tanner! And yes, we will have a Boddingtons in honour of Klaus, no worries.

You said it all, in that very blissful post.

DWB is the best community ever!

We cry, we laugh, we celebrate life.

We get draught Boddingtons over here, my Dad says it is yummylicious!

lotsa beery licks, Marvin xxxxx

5:09 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Not such a doofus after all to say such good words about Klaus.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:25 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

You know Tanner, I think that's the greatest post you've ever made. It really is important to live and enjoy life every day, there's only one thing we can be truly certain of and that's that we will die...

Cheers!

Bajas, Virus & Ane

5:40 AM  
Blogger Technodoll said...

Best. Post. Evar.

You guys rock.

Love,

D&M

6:25 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

What a sweet tribute Tan Man. I guess you do have a better side.
Ike

7:00 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wisdom. Sometimes you have to look beyond the package.

Thank you Tan

gussie

7:02 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom said no beer for us, but she will add some tomato juice and ice to our water so we can toast Klaus' life. Meanwhile she will have a nice hot cup of tea.

Woos, the OP Pack

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that somebody over there had a good idea and it turned out to be you, Tanner. I don't think you're a doofus at all! That stuff you said was pretty smart. To Klaus!

Your pal,
Joey

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Tanner...you never cease to amaze me! I need to go find Mom some beer!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Tanner, what an awesomerest post. You really put into words what I was feeling! Hope you boys enjoyed your beers... I think I'll have one with my lunch!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

I like this post. :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I can't believe this. I agree with Tanner and think he made a lovely post. Wow.
Tail wags,
Storms

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Oh, Tanner......somewhere in that brain of yours the connections are being made. I don't care what other people say about you, You are the GREATEREST and that was the besterest idea ever!!My mom doesn't drink beers but my dad does and mom said she'd have something good probly with some rummers in it....

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Tanner,
I think you put it wonderfully. Klaus is over that wonderful bridge right now drinking a tall cold one I bet!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Bravo!
Great thoughts, Tanner!
I'll have a shot of root beer for Klaus!
Hey Tanner, you cracked me up when you said Faith have 5 million dots!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

That's the ticket! We'll get Mom to get us a beer for Klaus, I think he'd like that. My doggie mom likes beer, just like her daddy did.

Cheers!
Rudy

9:09 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Well said for a doofus.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tanner, your post is awesome. It reminded Mommy of a song from Les Miserables...

Drink with me to days gone by
To the life that used to be.

At the shrine of friendship, never say die.
Let the wine of friendship never run dry.

Here's to you and here's to me...

Here's to us, pals!

Petey

9:51 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

Oh Tanneroooo, that was brilliant! I'll drink to that idea! We have to celebrate life every day.

And you're not a dooferoooo - you're just .................................................................................


like me!

xxo
Chef

10:16 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Tanner Man!

Thanks for your take on things! It really make sense, and we in GooberStan are lifting our glasses in honor of one great dog dad ~ Bogart's papa, Klaus!

Love the way you think, Tan!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

1:40 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Doofus,

You're smarter than you look. Or act. I think this is a lovely idea. Now I need to get me some beer.

wally t.

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, Tanner! I'm off to toast Klaus (and Bogart and Lulu, too)!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I'm turning on the espresso machine and getting ready to watch Motch enjoy a hot sugarfree carmel latte in honor of Klaus... praying that a bean falls to the floor that I can eat.

11:57 AM  
Blogger meemsnyc said...

We are so sad to hear about Klaus. Celebrating his life is a wonderful idea.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Super great post Tan - well said - Salute!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

My dear Joe,

Klaus would have LOVED this tribute... having a frosty brew was one of his favorite things, just after mama and me (well, sometimes more than us but only sometimes).

Many thanks, my friend,

Bogart & Lulu

7:22 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Tanner,you are a brilliant dude sometimes...we love you..well put..Love A+A

6:24 AM  
Blogger Deetz said...

Awesome!
I raise a beer to all the DWB members and non members in memory of Klaus and his beautiful smile
Deetzy

8:42 AM  
Blogger Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hehe, this is one of the best tributes we have seen for Klaus, proving that you can be sad and funny at the same time, we love it!
(have you read about Klaus's 666 trick? So funny!)
We love beer too....and Bermuda Rum, but Snoop is scared of empty bottles...come to think of it, aren't we all?
Slobbers xx

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home