Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, March 05, 2009

OMDOG!! Today is the LAST day I will EVER be 9 years old!!

GUYS...Today is the very last day I will ever be 9 years old for the rest of my LIFE?! GUYS!? Tomorrow I will be TEN! Double Digits! the BIG 1-0!! Holy cow, I am kind of freaking out over here...

Joey Palooza starts TOMORROW! I hope you guys have plenty of treats and toys and excitement to party right on through the weekend and into Monday!!!

Since Dad was not TOTALLY BLESSED to have my Mom during my first year (she who types gets to kinda say whatever she wants here) there are NO puppy pictures of me. A complete travesty right??

In honor of my last day as a nine year old, I would like to show you for the FIRST TIME the oldest known photo of me, Joe Stains..

the oldest known photo of Joey it is dated 7/00
I am about a year and a couple of months here, can you BELIEVE how cute I am?! SERIOUSLY?! I am eating a rawhide chew, one of the ones that helped me get my name Joe Stains. They had a delicious beefy basty goodness on the outside and I would always make Stains on my Gram and Gramps bed with them. Now we are not allowed to have rawhide thanks to the DOOFUS swallowing them whole. ANYWAY, please enjoy my CUTENESS and then before you know it, it will be time for JOEY PALOOZA!!!!!!!

41 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey!!!! Look how adorable you are. OMD, you are so cute I can hardly stand it. Over at my blog, we are observing a moment of silence in your honour, and then we will party all weekend long!!!!!

xo, with extra smoochies on top
SB

5:38 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

OMdoG...You were soooo cute...You still are, but in a more mature kind of way...

Abby xxxooo

6:21 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I don't think Sophie will be able to sleep tonight due to THAT pikh!

Happy Last Day To Be NINE!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: PAWTY ALL WEEKEND!!!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still that cute. Too bad there are no tiny baby pictures. Lucky you got your mommy.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

That is a BIG number. So make sure you have super fun during your Joey Paloza!!!

Happy last day of 9 !!!


slurpy licks,
Twinkle

7:03 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Gosh joey, you were somewhat, uh, thinner, in that photo. Must have just been a kid I guess. I am resting up for joey palooza!

Slobbers,
Mango

7:49 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

So the big 1-0 - double digit ten is tomorrow - happy last day of being nine!!! That is a very cute pic of woo with your rawhide. We don't get to have those either because some of us swallow them whole.

Woos, the OP Pack

8:04 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Whahooooooo it's Joeypalozza time...we have a FAB idea for ya sweet Joey...heh heh heh heh...

That puppers pic of you LOOKS NO DIFFERENT THAN YOU LOOK AT ALMOST 10!!

What's ur secret,Joey???

Tell Tanner he looks SO HOT IN THAT MEDAL!!!!!

Love and kisses...Laciegirl

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD...so cute...so very very cute! I'm so excited for yet another Joey Palooza!!! Don't stress...you will always be young at heart especially because you have your love Sophie with ya!


Lots of Licks, ruby

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Joe!

I wouldn't think you were a day over 3! I honestly had no idea you were so OLD. But hey, 10 has it's advantages... Now that you're a senior, maybe your humans will give you more treats for less tricks... Maybe you'll even get another rawhide bone just like the one in that picture!!

Can't wait 'till tomorrow! Happy Birthday, man!

Sparky

8:09 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

OMD! TEN!
Ike

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joey, be sure to check your pee-mail!

Your pal,

Petey

8:33 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Joey, I can't imagine being two-digits old...wow!! (I guess being 10 months old doesn't count). Congratulations on making it!!

I can't believe Tanner swallows his rawhides whole. He's the man!

Teddy

9:18 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

So you've been eligible for that senior-citizen discount for a while huh? I had no idea. Josie's grandma Emmy is 9, too, and she'll be the big 1-0 on St. Patrick's Day.
Maybe I should set you two up!


Love,
Rudy

9:28 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I am bowled ovew by youw cuteness, but pawsonally , I find you equally cute now. As faw as youw stinkies..I'm suwe Sophie would say she adowes them along wif evewything else about you..it's only the hoomans who don't appweciate ouw stinkie goodness
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:01 PM  
Blogger Tee said...

What a cutie patootie! You still are, whether you be 9 or 10.
Happy Barkday! and many many returns of the day.

Licks and wags,

Tuffy and his Dog Woods Pack

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

My dear Joey!
You were so cute! You look so inocent in that picture!
Are you going to give us instructions to enjoy more the Joey Paloza??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:31 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe Joe Joe!

Can't believe Joey Palooza has already rolled around again! We are ready to celebrate in GooberStan, man! You SO don't look like a senior citizen, and even though you are head-splittingly cute in your first known baby photo, you have a rugged cuteness about you now that is very endearing.

So, before Joey Palooza begins are you going to give Tanner that smooch from me or what?

Goober love & early Palooza smooches,
Stanley

10:56 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joey Palooza! Yeah! We are excited beyond words! Since you are going to be double digits, does that mean we have to start referring to you as Mr. Stains??? Our parents said we should show respect to our elders...
Ozzie & Rocky
Oh, Pee Ess, Happy Birthday Joe, uh, er, Mr. Stains!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Awww.. You look so cute there Joey. Happy birthday to you in advance. :)

~ Bae

12:09 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

HaPPy BaRkDaY Joeeeeeeeeeey!!
We hope you have a wonderfullest and happierest barkday ever now that you are a Pawfect 10!!

Love,
Huskee & Hershey

12:22 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Its not too bad to be 10 years old but last day of bring 9 years old is certainly worth remembering.

Luv
Snowball

12:38 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

Hi Joey!

Happy Barkday ~ Joey Palooza Day buddy!
Mum almost passed out from cute overload when she saw that photo! It proves one thing, you have ALWAYS been a handsome dude! I hope SB didn't pass out from the excitement!
Pawty all weekend?? well why not, sounds like a plan to me!

raising a glass of the good stuff to ya

love and barkday tailwags

Ben xxxxxx

12:56 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Wishing you a very, very happy barkday and many more to come. Enjoy your special day.

Simba and Jazzi xx

1:59 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a cutie you were way back then, Joey! Being 10 doesn't mean you're getting older - you're getting better! I should know seeing as I'm now 10 1/2!
Guess what, Joey - it's Friday and we can now wish you a Happy Joey Paloooooooooooza birthday! whooooooooohooooooooo
You made it to the big 1-0!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:51 AM  
Blogger Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey Joey! Petey sent us to check you out, he says you're a cool guy....looks like he was right again....*sigh* he's so wise :D
Happy Happy last-day-of-being-nine-day!! We'll see you at Joey Palooza for your Barkday celebrations, can't wait!
Slobbers xx
pee-ess....those Mango Medals are so totally pawsome too aren't they?

3:40 AM  
Blogger Jemma Chihuahua said...

Happy Birthday!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Joey mate, you might even be 10 by the time you read this. If you are then a big HAPPY BARKDAY to you buddy.
You look so cute as a pup. Looking forward to Joey Palooza. As you know we've already started celebrating.

Wooo hooo
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

5:14 AM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Happy Barkday Joe.

Have a great weekend partying.

Molly and Taffy

6:33 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

So tomorrow is the big day!?
Happy barkday Dude and may you have LOTS more healthy happy birthdays to celebrate!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey...Daylight savings time starts this weekend. Are we gonna lose out on an hour of Joey Palooza? No way. Let's start NOW

gussie

pee ess...a great photo of a great dog

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think being ten years old sounds really cool! I know you're one of the smartest dogs on the internet (with the best name, of course) so maybe that means I'll get smarter every year, too.

Your pal,
Joey

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Joey, being 10 looks GOOD on you! I can't believe it's your barkday!!

This is my first experience EVER with Joey-Palooza... I am putting on my party hat and calling around getting prices for KEGS! WOOHOOO!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Willow the Black Dale said...

DOUBLE DIGITS!!!! Oh please say it isn't so. That means my mom will be crying all day with your mom tomorrow. My mommy just hates double digits. Ok is there anyway you can just stay 9 forever? Can that happen?? Come on Stains work with me. Double digits don't go over well in my house!!!
On the lighter side....you are as cute today as you were when you were one! But you are smarter now that you have all that detective knowledge under your badge. Happy Birthday.
Smooches,
Willow

9:44 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Happy Biwfday Jowy!!!!!
I hope you woke to faboolous eatables and fwolick and wawm sunshine on youw back
love and smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:25 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

What a cute, cute, CUTE puppy picture! Just think - tomorrow you enter the double digits!!!
Let Joey Palooza begin!
Tail wags,
Stormy

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Joey,

We think you are ageless -- particularly after turning 10.

We were just looking at one of your look-alikes on the Crufts show -- and you would have beaten him paws down!!!


Happy Barkday, pals, and many many more!!

Jake and Just Harry

11:40 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

WOOHOO for Joey Palooza!!!!!!! In your honor, I will have lots of cookies, treats and rawhides the entire weekend. I think there's still a couple pupcakes leftover from my birthday that I will also eat in your honor. I know Mom will let me because she knows how importnatn Joey Palooza is - I hope.
Kaos

11:52 AM  
Blogger Deetz said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
I couldn't post above, there was no link...did you eat it?
Deetzy

12:33 PM  
Blogger wally said...

SO CUTE! I mean, um, I can tell you are going to grow into the totally studly dude who captured the heart of the Sophie.

wally t.

ps. PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

12:49 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

It's a Major Milestone indeed!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home