Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tan Torkelson Protection Agency

OMDOG so like last night we went for the walk we go on before we go to sleepins. Usually we walk up by that school I showed you on Trottin Tuesday LAST weeks. WELL Last night Mom wanted to walk down another street to look at the Christmas lights!!

We walk alll the way to one end then TURN around to come back when a BIG black scary doggy comes charging our way and Dad yells PICK THEM UP!?!

Mom scooped me up and Dad picked up Joe and mean bad dog's dad comes and SAYS OH NOES I USUALLY have his leash on!? WHAT A JERK!?

WELL the whole time big mean doggy is growling and getting his leash on Joey is looking like WOAH, you know what I was doing?!?!?!

I was doing this to Mommy!!




I WAS ALL LET ME AT HIM, I WILL KILL THAT DOGGY, I WILL PROTECT YOU MOMMY AND JOEY and I WILL I WILL!!!!!!!!! I was trying so hard to save my family's life that I scratched up that Mom!! I AM SORRY!




Mom said she was very proud of me for being SO BRAVE but next time Dad gets to pick up Tanner. (She muttered something about someone needing to lose some weight, but she must be talking about HER!) I am going to go rest and remind Santa how GOOD I am! If anyone needs Tan Torkelson Protection Agency, I will work for bacon!!!

41 Stains:

Blogger The Puppies said...

Thank goodness you were there to protect your mom and Joey!! It sounds like that big black dog was MEAN! I am glad you guys are ok but sorry about your mom getting scratched!!
xoxoxxxo,
The Puppies

1:09 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

You are such a HERO, Tanner, and I am extremely proud of you. You saved your mom's life, you know!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Beckett said...

Tan Torkelson, maybe you could fly over to my house and bark at that drainage easement with me. My mom says that I do not need to be barking at it but she is wrong and I need another dog around to back me up on this!

Beckett

1:39 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Dude. We would be quite a team. I once jumped on Big Grey Pit Bull back just to let him know we're tuff. And he wasn't even messin' with us--just looking at us from a safe distance. But better to be on offense than defense! (Unless you're the Pats and you keep giving the other team the ball--hahahahahaha).

wally t.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Dear Mr. Tan Torkelson,

I may need to retain your services, but not to protect me so much as to protect the doggies I might want to harass. I can be a bit of a jerk.

xo
SB

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bobo the Boston Terrier said...

DANG! I hate when dogs aren't on leashes.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Well Mr. Torkelson...

I can see ya mean business when yer in yer protection mode....but yer supposed to scratch the ENEMY not the FAMILY....say that 12 times in a row without takin' a breath......

Dewey Dewster here....

2:32 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I bet your mom would have been much more scared without you there. Mom says it must be nice having a dog you can pick up.

2:46 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Woo need to train someone in Australia fur Huffle - save her from the flashy beast -

SERIOUSLY, why are so many humans soooo STOOPID?

We have to feel sorry for their pups - maybe next time woo need to have 'THE TALK' with the dog and THEN the 'owner' -

Extra Hugz&Khysses so woo khan share 'em with your mom,
Khyra

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

OMD you are so brave Tan!!!! And I think you look mighty cute under that Christmas tree...you sure do make a nice prezzie!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

3:05 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Tanner T. Hmmm...if your dad won't pick you up, then your mom might put you in booties so she doesn't get scratched. And they come in pink.

so....be a bit more of a stern and quiet protector, OK

gussie

3:45 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey aND Tanner, good thing ur daddy wuz alert to his surroundings..and very good u wuz there to protect them all, Tanner..hmm was u protectin or trying to climb up ur mamas neck to git away from dat bad dog? .ouchies fur ur mamas neck...heehee i think she got the worst of it..

b safe,
~rocky~

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Tanner the Hero! I'll sign up for the protection plan, can I pay you bacon directly?
My 2-legged sister says you 2 are very cute, she has a boston too.
Cheers!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Hey, Tan Torkelson, good work and at least you didn't draw blood which of course, in more serious circumstances, you might someday have to do. I think its all part of the Protection Game.

Tell your Mom we are sending her some healing salve to use on her owies and we wish her the best!

Kisses all around,

Stella

6:10 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Good work, Tan Torkelson. (I mean the brave and trying to protect your family part not the scratching your mom part, but I think she needs some souvenirs to remember of your bravery!)

Luv
Snowball

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Tanner!
Sounds like a scary episode!
Sorry your mom got scratched!
You chose a great spot to take a nap!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:26 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Joe, Tanner!

I just got your card today! Thank you so much, the picture of you two is grrrrEAT!

Sparky

8:01 PM  
Blogger T-man's mom said...

I love that last picture!

Tanner I just knew you were a hero! Of course, you had to do everything you could to protect your family. They are lucky to have you looking out for them!

9:37 PM  
Blogger leah said...

I thought you were the lover, Tanner, and Joe was the fighter?

9:47 PM  
Blogger Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Hi Tanner!

You are such a brave doggie for wanting to protect your family...good on you! Hope your Mom's arm will be better soon...=)

Scottie

11:33 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh, brave tanner for pawtecting mommy. good job. next time, bite the head off the meanie doggie... ok, i'm being too much here. :P

wet wet licks

Boo

11:53 PM  
Blogger The Musketeers said...

chill Tanner ! and you are very brave to save your mama & protect joey (:

xoxo,
Four Musketeers

12:10 AM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh.. you're so brave there Tanner.. I'm sure your mom and Joey will feel so safe with you now

~ Bae

12:52 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

OMdoG.. those are nasty scratches! Hershey just gave our dad a long deep scratch last night as she was falling out of the bed (yup, she dug her claws into dad's arm) but his scratch is no where compared to the one Tanner gave your mom!
But uhhh.. gotto admit Tanner was very brave.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

That must have been so scary! Your poor Mum. I'm glad you were all ok, other then some scratches.

Simba x

2:40 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Tan Man,

I am not a BIT surprised that you would be a fierce warrior if only the mama would put you back down on the ground. That big black growling doggie has NO IDEA how lucky he really is. He is alive today because your mama KNEW what would happen, and kept holding you even though you were tearing her skin off her body!

Take a load off, good soldier. You've earned it!

Goober love & admiration,
Stanley

3:10 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Oo, she probably appreciated the scratches!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

You sure are brave. But maybe your nails are too long. I get excited too when I want to attack big doggies. I'm in therapy at the doggie park.

Deefor

5:17 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Whew! We are so happy that everyone is okay and came away unharmed with only minor scratches! What a brave boy you are, Joey! Santa is smiling down on you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

6:29 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

oops! Santa is smiling down on you too, Tanner! You are both very brave boys!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

6:31 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Sure, Tanner, you are so brave when you have momma protecting you. You're lucky you are portable.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tan Torkelson,

You are also lucky that this incident happened on a Tanner Tuesday! I imagine Joey may have a whole different perspective on this incident.

But I agree, big black dogs that come out of the darkness at night are scary and deserving of our fiercest barks. Not that I'm racial profiling, but they just are scary!

Your pal,

Petey

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, I hope your Mama's scratches get better real soon.

What a fright you all must have got!

You certainly did your duty!

Tanner The Super Hero!

You look so angelic under the Christmas Tree!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger A&S said...

oh! be careful out there. next time call us for back up!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Bowing, bowing, bowing to the protection king.

wow, wow, wags from the whippets

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Ouch! That mean old dog did a number on your mom!

Thank goodness she had YOU to protect her from further damage!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Tanner...

You are a hero!!! I'm glad you protected your Mom & Joey...

I hope that guy keeps the big mean black dog on a leash from now on...

I think I would go back to walking by the school...You can always ride around in the car to see the Christmas Lights...

Abby xxxooo

1:44 PM  
Blogger vix said...

Poor Mommy! My cat does that to me all the time but there's no doggy in sight as an excuse!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Comet said...

Are you sure you were trying to attack that big mean dog, or were you clinging to your mom for dear life?

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Yeah, our Mom has gotten some scratch marks on her arms (and legs) too from our more excited moments!!

But how brave you were, Tanner, to try so hard to protect your mom and Joey!!!

We get very angry when dog owners "forget" to put a leash on their guys!!

Yay Tanner!!!

Jake and Just Harry

7:29 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

OWIE, OWIE, OWIE! Is your mom OK? Way to defend her and all, but OWIE!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Don't get our mom started on off-leash dogs! Grrr!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home