Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a night...

Last night we learned of Freda's passing. So long Freda.

so long Freda

Mom was so sad when she went to sleep but then woke up to this comment...

Marvin has left a new comment on your post "Busy!!":

oh the music is kinda head banging stuff! Or should I say knee trembling!!

I am back. It took a great deal of sad eyes and stuff, but she who must be obeyed has agreed to start being my secretary and editor in chief once more.

I hope you can call in sometimes.

love and many licks, Marvin xxxx

OMDOG, Marvin is coming back to us. Mom's eyes started leaking all over again. We lost one great friend in Freda and from her passing we have been given back our wonderful friend Marvin.

welcome back marvin
Welcome back Marvin.

You should go to each and spread the DWB love. We have such a great community here, in good times and bad.

28 Stains:

Blogger Gus said...

Yahooey...we missed Marvin. We are hoppin over to see him. Thanks for telling us.


gussie

11:21 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

And, we are sad sad about Freda. Having so many DWB friends means we know more doggies crossing the bridge. Sometimes it seems like too much.

gussie

11:22 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Very sad about Freda, indeed.
Yet a window is open with Marvin's return!
Luv,
Dave

12:10 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That is what I told my mom - we lost one and yet regained another!

I was sad fur I never really knew Freda BUT after seeing evfurrything evfurryone has written I wish I had -

I'm happy to see Marvin has returned fur I really didn't know him before (I was a blogworld newbie) BUT I intend to make up fur lost time!

Happy Sunday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Oh Joe. Your comment at our blog made Mom leak all over again. Yes, how will her peeps find the falling waters room without her....
We are very happy to see Marvin back though. Mom spent so long as a lurker, and sweet Freda gave her 1,2 1,2 soo many laughs.
And Mom loved reading Marvin's adventures and seeing all the cool pics(specially the one of the dude in the kilt that had blown up! lol-as Jeannie said, hubbahubba)
Like y'all we leak over one, and welcome one back.
Have a good Sunday kids
Hugs,
Sunny,Scooter&Jamie

1:17 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Yah. we are trying hard to get un-sad here, too. but we're glad Marvin is back.

trying hard to wag, we're the whippets

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joe and Tanner, sad to say me didnt no Freda that well, but from what me cood read about her, u wuz very much loved...and me iz soo happy Marvin coming back...

b safe,
~rocky~

3:54 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We are so sad to hear of Freda's passing and we're just thrilled to know that Marvin is back! He has been missed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Joe,
I couldn't agree with you more my friend!!! I was feeling down about Freda...but the news about Marvin...well, I'm just the happiest pupgirl right now!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:00 PM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Joey amd Tanner,

Sorry we haven't been around much. The Mommy's hand is better now so maybe I can start blogging agaon every day. So sorry to hear about Freda but it's great Marvin is back.

Did you pockup your awards? I love spreading the love.

huggies...Mona

5:51 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I'm so sorry to hear the news about your friend, Freda...

I don't know Marvin, but I will stop over to say Hi...

Abby xxxooo

6:35 PM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Dood! I came here to hug and kiss you and now I see we lost Freda! What a bummer. I loved that girl!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Sure is sad to know about Freda... 1,2,1,2... I am going to miss her a lot!
And is pawesome to have Marvin back!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:06 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Joe!

We were very shocked when we heard about Freda as well... We will miss her so much!...

But I am glad that your friend Marvin is back... That is wonderful news...

Sparky

7:12 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

i just went over marvin's place to bark. glad he's back and am terrible sad another one left us. :(

wet wet licks

Boo

7:20 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Hi Joe
I didn't know Freda-- but I was sad to hear about her. I didn't know Marvin either. But I went to visit him and I'll go back. Thanks for letting us doggies know about each other.

Glad your Steelers won. You could never jinx them. (my mom wouldn't put an Obama sticker on her car cause she jinxed Jon Kerry-- she is really bad luck)

Deefor

8:44 PM  
Blogger Comet said...

What a mixed blessing. We were so sad to learn that our favorite fog dog passed to the bridge, but what great news that your friend Marvin is returning to blogging!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh Marvin is back......

So sad to hear about Freda. :(

~ Bae

10:31 PM  
Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Hello Joe

We could not believe our eyes when we saw Marvin was back. It is like an early Christmas pressie isn't it.

Hope you had a good weekend and have a grrreat week.

Molly and Taffy

1:58 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening joey.
Exactly, marvin saw the imposing figure of five months.
We wish to express our gratitude to a wonderful friend. :D

from loved ume tyan

5:19 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

We're super sad about Freda too. We feel like we knew her so well from Twitter, and we will really feel her loss.

xo
SB

P.S. Yeah for Marvin!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I'm sorry to hear about Freda, but I'm happy to hear about Marvin. I don't know him yet, but I'm going to go say hi.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

We are so sad about Freda's passing but we're sooo excited to see Marvin back again!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:38 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

I am so glad that Marvin is back too! I did not know Freda, but I know she will be deeply missed.
Sending hugs and kisses to your mom!
Love Clover xo

10:44 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooooooooooh my, I have turned into a pink dog, what with all the blushing.

What a lovely post, you are so kind.

I did not expect this at all, really.

Thank you - this has meant a lot to me, especially as we disappeared so quickly last time.

My Jeannie says "when one door closes, another one opens", I hope dear Freda is looking at us from across the Rainbow Bridge - and she is enjoying her favourite kind of fog - and smiling.

Dog bless dear Freda. May she run free and happy in the fog forever.

love and sad licks, your friend,
Marvin xxxxx

1:02 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

We've missed Marvin a lot, too! I'm very glad he's back!
Kaos

3:39 PM  
Blogger T-man's mom said...

I'm so sorry about Freda too. I wish I had gotten to know her better.

I'll have to stop by and visit Marvin again. It's good to have him back!

T-man's mom, CC-man and T-man Angel

7:38 PM  
Blogger James said...

Dear Joeys, Tanners and your Peeps,

Thank you for the very nice bark about Freda. She would have liked that. I know she is lookin' downs watchin' all of your antics.

The BIG DUMMYS, James.

∆≈

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home