Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, December 08, 2008

Best thing ever AND my parents

Maggie and Mitch asked that we share pictures of our slaves, I mean, our humans. I am sharing a picture of my Mom and Dad with my Grandpa, PRETENDING to be Santa. Don't get confused tho, this is not the real Santa...




Grandpa plays Santa at the store where Grandma works for their 'customer appreciation night'. He walks around and takes photos with kids, then walks away with a big fat gift certificate for all his hard work. I want to go next year because I hear there is FREE FOOD!

Also, I'd like to thank Sherman and the other Dogs of Jackman Avenue, for sending this fabulous football snack dispensing toy. Mom fills it with dog food and Tanner chases it around like it was the best thing ever. And he LEAVES ME ALONE. Meanwhile, there is the SAME dog food in his bowl right then, but it is so much more exciting in that football. Sherman sent me that like 2 years ago and I never showed him how pawesome it is...so enjoy the videos!!




Also, the Steelers pulled off an amazing 4th quarter victory last night. Let me tell you why they waited until the end of the game to bring it home. I was forced to watch the STUPID AZ Cardinals instead of the Steelers because the FOX channel assumed because I live in AZ I care about those dumb birds. I DO NOT. So as soon as that game was over they switched the feed to my Steelers, and guess what??? TWO TOUCHDOWNS?!?! Hello??? Clearly they need me to win!!! The Fox channel better not mess with me again or I am mailing them a box of poop.

33 Stains:

Blogger Myeo said...

You almost had us fooled. We thought that was the real Santa.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:45 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Well, I hope woo appreciated one of the few times my mom will cheer fur the Stillers -

When they play The Khowgirls AND any team with a Manning on it!

Nice SantaPaws!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:52 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Mom says I need one of those toys so I will leave her alone. Glad the steelers won.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Sure it was great that Steelers won!
You need to go there with your Santa Grandpa! Sounds fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:09 PM  
Blogger Koobuss said...

Great photo and videos! Love the SWB Yankees cap. That's the road cap. If you send me your address, I'll send you a home one.

The Steelers game was very frustrating until the end. You saw the best and most important part. The ending was great! But, they don't make it easy.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

9:01 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

We want a football that craps out snacks.
We want a Santa Grandpa. All we have is Grammie and the Big Old Fire Monkey.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
You awe so lucky to have such young gweat looking pawents and a Santa Gwampa..even if he's only Santa pawt time..how gweat is that!
Congwatulations on getting that win fow youw Steelews
smoochie kisses
ASTA

10:56 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh...thank dog you tuned into that game...we wondered how in the world they pulled it off...we shoulda known it was you Joey!!!!! They like 'sploded and won the game...it was fab!!!!!

They so should take ya to get the free food that Santa gives out...you deserve that Joey!!

Um...Lacie had a little incident tonight...you better come and look...she was pretty pathetic...

Scruffman....

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Oh.. Your grandpa make a pawsome Santa...

~ Bae

11:22 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
I hope that although your grandpa was pretending to be Santa, he'd still bring you lots of Christmas presents, right?

That toy looks great.. I think I'd need to lay my paws on one of them so that 'she-who-shall-not-be-named' leaves me in peace..

Hershey says THANK YOU for the Stain Award... she is truly honoured to be the lucky receipient of this esteemed and prestigious award and she hopes to do even better in her next 'stain'.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Well done to your Steelers!

I have toys similar to Tanner's football, and I agree - normal food tastes much better in it!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

2:11 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend.

Simba x

2:23 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

What a great ball...it feeds you.
We're glad your Steelers won.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy x

3:25 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Joe!

The only thing our toys crap out at us is all of their stuffing when we make them splode. Now, THIS is my kind of toy!

Thanks for the vids, and especially for the photos of your gramps and your parents. Funny, though. They LOOK normal, but we all know they're NOT! Huh.

Goober love,
Stanley

3:33 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Thanks Steelers or beating the stupid Cowboys! Why is Tanner's football Eagles colors? Hmmmm. Is Sherman revealing his secret real football interest???

Last night we were watching Dogs 101 and they called the Boston Terrier the gassiest dog! Woo! It's good to be number one! And whenever there was a Boston on the teevee my brudder would watch intently and bark. Doo-fus.

wally.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

muzzer says never trust the Fox channels to get anything right.

ANYTHING!

We hope you can bark some sense into them. Good luck


gussie

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Wow Joe. Your grammpa looks ALOT like Santa!!! Our mom told us that guys like him were official Santa helpers!!!! (So he probably KNOWS Santa and can't even tell you, cause he is official!! shhh)
We sure have been missing you guys!!! Tanner is as easily amused as Scooter-gah
Hugs
Sunny

7:58 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Hey Joe, you and Tan Torkington are very lucky to have Santa for a Grandpa . . .Very Lucky!

There was one of those crapping balls here when I came but I figured out right away it was the same stuff in my dish and so I don't play it. Spencer did though!

You are right, what you said on my blog, I would HATE temps of 115 and don't have any idea how you even manage to get from your car to your house! Lucky you have short hair and not much of it har, har!

Kisses,

Stella

8:19 AM  
Blogger Fenway said...

Hey Joe!

Sounds like you and your Slave watch football games just like I do with Mr. Alpha. Sundays are definitely Man Day at my house. My Alpha also yells at the TV when he doesn't get to watch his teams. He screams when he hears Joe Buck announcing anything!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Toffee said...

Them is some fighting words!!....box o' poop...you go boy!...although if it was cat poop I think that I would be pleased because cat poop is yummy!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

You better ask your mom to feed you more so you can make lots of poop. I think that Fox channel might keep being stupid.

mom says those treat dispensing toys are supposed to be intellectually stimulating. You better keep on eye on the Doofus. Don't want him getting smart on you.

xo
SB

9:31 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Oh Joe Stains, could you please have Tanner fly you to wherever you need to be to make the Stellers win??? Our wonderful Auntie Carolyn is the BIGGEST STELLER FAN IN THE WORLD, and she is battling the cancer MONSTER in her brain, so when the Stellers win she is very happy.
Soooo, we all thank you! Dog do we!

wags from the whippets

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

That's a cool toy that spits out food!!

Hugs, Kodak

10:43 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Hey Tanner, does your grandpa (pretend Santa) need any help flying the sleigh?

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Good thing you told us that wasn't the real Santa. I was getting excited.That toy looks like a lot of fun. Maybe the Steelers should talk to your cable comapny! Maybe they could arrange for a special channel that goes to your house only so you never miss any part of their game ever again!
Kaos

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude we had to watch that game Your not Cardinals killed us :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a great picture of your parents with Santa! We're thinking your parents have an "in" and you'll get LOTS of good stuff this year!
Congratulations to your Steelers, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:55 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

A Flaming box of poop, I think. Glad they managed to pull it off once you got to see the game.

I don't enjoy those treat dispensing toys, myself. If they're too much work, they're just not worth it. Not for kibble, anyway! Good thing that Tanner is easily amused.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

4:48 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Your human (slaves) look very pleasant. Especally the guys and the Santa one. I really like beards. I'm glad your Steelers won.

Deefor

5:28 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Those things are so COOL! Paris & I always fight over the treats.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Joseph Stains..were you in SIN u ATE ing that I have a large caboose?

And, BTW...I didn't see Asta's STAIN...so, I'm not a LADY????????????? I got a STAIN AWARD.....

Harumph...

Good thing I don't get mad...

JUST EVEN!

Lacie

5:56 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Yuh, those toys are dumb, dumb, dumb. Way too much work for kibbles. At least it keeps Tanner off your back.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:58 PM  
Blogger Aggie said...

You are right those stupid people at FOX they should know that everyone loves the Steelers!!! I say you send them a box of poop anyway!!! Maybe that will teach them.

I love your new toys, Mom and I love the dogs of Jackman Ave. We hang out often.

Sloppy Licks,

Aggie

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home