Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, November 04, 2007

We are still here, just being lazy

There has been a whole lot of NOTHING going on around here. We are still recovering from the wedding, too much champagne!!

All we have been doing is helping out in the yard...


I keep this bush well watered.


Tanner waters the grass and is in charge of eating all the poop from the neighbor's cat. We never ever see this cat but he is always leaving Tanner nice presents. YUCK.


I am also in charge of guarding the back gate, so don't get any ideas. Unless you want to take Tanner then I will find the key and figure out how to get to the top of the fence to open the lock.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

28 Stains:

Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Mom calls that "killing weeds". No matter how much I water, the plants always die. So I have to hit the dandelions.

Are yinz ready for some football???

Today we say...Goooo Colts!

Sherman

2:26 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
nice job of gawdening..i'm suwpwised thewe's any gawden left,hehehe...
Thanks fow the sunshine..it got hewe..I'm feeling much bettew..and yes mommi is Hungawian, Daddi is Dutch and Swiss I'm tewwiew..which is way bettew than both
smoochie kisses
Asta

2:56 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Our neighbor cat left me some bunny guts one time. Oh, PUP, mom still talks about that one. It's almost like it made as big an impression on her as on me! She said Luke left it there for his dad, but finder's keepers. I think I appreciated it more than he would have!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: My mom said I should apologize if this grossed anypup out.

3:15 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Hi there, Joe! Looks like you're caring for that yard of yours properly. We don't have very green paws, personally, seems no matter how much we water the lawn/plants they still die.. :( When you're tired of doing nothing you're welcome to come pee on our vikings anytime! They don't seem to mind too much..

Sniffs & sneezes,
Bajas, Coco & Nimbus

3:49 PM  
Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Great job on the watering!! Somebody gots to help right.

Four Pugz

3:51 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I help too, we had lots of new plants put in this spring and summer, and I am in charge of all of them. I am very busy. I have not been able to kill one off yet, but I am working on it

4:21 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

The boys here like to water our bushes too. But, sometimes they do the girl thing and water the grass. I've never understood that.

Holly

4:21 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Our weekend is about as exciting as yours is, Joey! We did the same kind of watering here in our yard!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That yard work is some important stuff. Our neighbor on the corner stopped our Mom one day when she was out with Ozzie and told her thanks for letting Ozzie watr around a sign post in her yard everyday. Keeps her from having to get out the weed whacker. They really ought to appreciate all the hard work we put in for them a little bit more! Ha! Ha!

Go Steelers!!!!!

Ozzie & Rocky

5:47 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh your back gate sure looks very tall, good job guarding it Joey. I just saw the pink wedding suit you and Tanner put on. You 2 are so cute..

~ Girl girl

8:21 PM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Eewww..Tanner eats cat poop?? He's not getting any kisses from me!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joey, i can't believe tanner eat cat poops! yuck! wait, i think dopey is eating paint now... oops!

wet wet licks

Boo

10:56 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Joe!

I had no idea that Tanner was a turd burglar. I love the kitty candy myself, so I can see why he volunteered for that clean up duty.

If the TanMan is ever sick or gone for a few days, give me a call. I'll clean up your yard. No problem.

Goober love,
Stanley

Pee Ess
Most gardners have green thumbs. I'd say you have a brown pizzle.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Isnt the kitty so nice to leave 'pressies' for Tanner..hehe

Love
Boy n Baby

12:05 AM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

I didn't know you are so good around the garden. I'd ask you to help out with mine..except I don't have any. LOL!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Cassidy is slowly eating her way through what plants Oscar didn't eat in our garden!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work with the gardening - and man that is one mega big gate!!!

River

2:32 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Joe, I know how you are feeling...it's pretty boring here and all mom has been doing is working.

You have MAD gardening skills..that's for sure!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it starting to get cold over there, joe? asta in new york has caught a cold. it's been raining alot in singapore and it's starting to get cold at night.

love..
chiyo

5:29 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

It is guard, and the hardship externals in the back gate.
Such a situation in which it wants to multiply voice.
And, the watering of the plant.
hahaha

from loved ume tyan

6:16 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Where are the holes? You can't do lawn improvement with out digging holes!

the whippet waggle excavation crew

6:20 AM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Hoomans don't appreciate our "watering" enough. I always help out, too. And Joey pees for like, 10 minutes at a time!

Tell Tanner that if he eats too many cat poos he'll turn into one. YUCK!

Puggy kisses
Suki

6:39 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hmmmm. Kitty poop. So I was walking with my pal Charlot last night --- he's the extra big Bouvier. Charlot found an empty can of cat food in a bush and carried it for six whole blocks. He wouldn't even drop it for the cat poop I found. He took it home. He's probably still holding on to it this morning!

So I'm beginning to wonder what that cat food is all about. Maybe we should be going for the stuff they put in the front of the cat instead of the stuff that goes out of the back.

xo
SB

6:44 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

You guys have a lot of jobs in your yard. My job is to bark at any moving object, or anything that makes noise. Since our back yard is super close to about 15 others, this keeps me busy.
Love Clover xo

8:29 AM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I water the grass many time everyday too.

Isn't the wedding fun? I am still catching up with my rest too.

Luv,
Snowball

9:38 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

My weekend was not that great...I'm having Monday Blues today. You both do a great job watering the plants & grass. But the grass seems to be dying instead of growing, lol! Too acidic I guess...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:48 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Hi Joey,
You do look like a fierce guard dog!
Mommy says that smaller dogs like me downwards tend to lift their paws higher to pee.Napolean syndrome or ...wait why is mommy observing dogs peeing habits ?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my! You look a pretty fearsome guard dog in that picture!

We have very pretty Marvin Peed On Grass here, lots of pleasant decoration on the green!

love and licks, Marv xxxxxx

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home