Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Sunday, July 22, 2007

That dog's got Woe :(

So yesterday Mom and Dad went to the airport to pick up my Aunt and when they got home I looked weird and was acting weird. My eye was all pink and strange looking and I was shaking and spacing out and just not being the usual Mr. Stains. Mom and Dad had no idea what was happening so they made an appointment at the emergency vet! Well, everything at the Vet was normal, temperature, vitals, even the INSIDE of my pink swelling eye looked ok. So what Mr Emergency Vet said was that I probably got stung/bitten by a bug OR I smashed into something and had 'trauma' to my face. I was eating a little slower but still eating and drinking and going to the bathroom ok, so I got to go home and Mom and Dad and the Aunt gave me lots of love and pets and snuggles.

SO you might ask maybe I just smashed into a wall on purpose because I was upset about this intrusion into my daily life? Well, the parents will never know for sure, but I am feeling a LOT better today and my eye is not so swollen anymore and I am not acting funny.


I am still a little sleepy but other than that I am just fine. Mom and Dad were real scared though, so I am milking that for all it is worth.


Also, my Aunt got a brand new suitcase to fill with stuff to take back to PA, hmm that kind of gives me an idea...

41 Stains:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear it was nothing serious.

And something tells me that your parents won't be happy if you send Tanner back to PA...but its worth a shot!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh I'm glad it wsan't anything serious and you are okay. I agree with Bruin, your mom and dad might be very angry if you put tanner in the suitcase

5:36 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
that must have been scawy ..big swollen, pink???good gwief must of been awful..so glad it's getting better..you're not planning on stuffing a cewtain someone in that suitcase are you??
Then who could you hawwass????
smoochie kisses, and an extwa one for your eye
Asta

5:39 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yikes! Well at least you are getting pampered out of what happened to your eye! I once got bit by a fire ant on my paw and it made my leg spaz out...it was freaky weird and Mom and Papa were worried at first but then they called the vet. The vet said to give me some Benadryl and once they knew I would be okay they laughed when my leg would spaz out! How rude huh!?!
Licks'n'Sniffs,
China

5:45 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joey...
I'm so glad you are feeling better...that must have been really scawie for sure. I hope you have a nice visit with your Aunt...and I think I know what you are thinking...

Lots of Licks, Ruby

5:52 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

glad to hear you're on the mend!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Poor eye! Don't let them put a cone on your head!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Jeez Joe - what's with the eye BS and the best breed of dog in the world lately. I'm glad you're doing better and hope you will continue to improve. A word of advice - don't send the Doofus away - he's great for taking out your angst, isn't he?
Ike

7:38 PM  
Blogger Eddie N Peaches said...

Oh My, Joe! We are glad you are doing better today. Take care of yourself.
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie & Peaches

8:16 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey: The Doofus won't fit in there. Don't even try it! Now, Teka might fit. What do you think?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

glad 2 hear tat d vet said ur ok..

8:49 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow joey that is a close call...thank goodness it was nothing too serious...ummmm...i think thye might notice that tanner is missing...and if i were you...i would watch your back..cuz it looks as if tanner might just be thinking the same thing

9:12 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Oh Joey, I hope you are feeling better now. Erm, the suitcase looks kinda small, do u really think Tanner can fit in there?

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh i smashed into something while i was running too fast to turn a corner. and i spaced out for two days and had one swollen eye. AND it happened on christmas day.

no matter what, DO NOT try the suitcase out for size

love..
chiyo

9:32 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear Joey.. I hope you're ok now... Are you going to pack Tanner in that suitcase??? What if he cries??

~ girl girl

10:01 PM  
Blogger Nugget said...

Glad your feeling better Joey.

Lots of Licks,
Nugget, Stewy & Ozzy too!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

Oh Joey, you are always the SUPER & TOUGH guy for me. I just cant take it when you are not feeling well....take care ya. Ist because you miss those dried banananana???

11:35 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Glad to hear that it's nothing serious.. Ummm... Tanner's quite big, so I doubt you'll get away with whatever that you are thinking.. (although there's no harm in trying).

11:38 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw Joe, I bet mum and dad were scared. Glad it's looking better today. I definitely think you should milk that sympathy for a while longer though.

Licks
Oscar x

1:54 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Glad you're feeling better Joey! I think your Aunt needs a larger suitcase if Tanner is going to fit in there!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:13 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Good job Joe! Keep the focus on you! (But I'm glad you didn't do anything serious).

Looks like there is just enough space in that suitcase for a Doofus. You could probably smoosh his head down since there's nothin' in there.

wally

ps. I am NOT mean to my sissy!

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your eye is all better! Have you packed Tanner into the suitcase yet??

River

3:37 AM  
Blogger Joey said...

Hey Joey... I hope you're only pulling your parents' leg and not have anything serious.
Take care.. and enjoy the pampering !

5:57 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I am so pleased you are feeling bit better Joe!

hey, that is a cleveer idea, smuggle Tanner into the briefcase while no one is looking!!

I meant to tell you I was poorly on Friday and Saturday, I followed your marvellous example, I stained some real good stains......I am the perfect Joe Stains Student Jeannie says!

love and licks, Marv xxxxx

must have been something I ate! Burp!

6:08 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

tanner wants to go on a trip with the suitcase.
Let's realize the wish. :)

from loved ume tyan

6:09 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

You were probably guarding the house & then there was a big bug invasion & you killed them all, getting stung in the process.

We're glad you're OK!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

7:17 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Oh my goodness Joe, I was sick too this weekend. I hope you are feeling 100% again soon, and definitely use this time to get away with more... that is what I am doing!
Love Clover xo

8:17 AM  
Blogger Toby said...

Hey Joey,

Glad to hear it's nothing serious. Make sure to milk it for every minute possible!

Tobes

9:03 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Aah Joe, Who would you complain about and boss around if you smuggled Tanner off to PA?

9:10 AM  
Blogger Miss Reina said...

Wow, lucky it was nothing serious. So i hope u didn really go bang your head to the wall!
Hey, you trying to sneak in that suitcase??? Or trying to find tanner hiding inside?
Love,
Reina

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - pretty scary! Good job of taking the spotlight away from your Aunt! Now about that suitcase ...

11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joe!!

I missed ya, and so glad your eye is better!

Do you think fatty Tanner will fit in that little case?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

I'm so glad you are okay but that all sounded pretty darn scary Joey.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Murphey said...

Do your peeps have any money left after the visit to the emergency vet? We had to go Saturday night for Audrey and it cost lots of kibble money!
Murph

12:37 PM  
Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Oh, man, going to the ER SUCKS! But I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Oh, and you should totally shove Tanner into that suitcase and zip it...hehehe!

Puggy kisses
Suki

5:46 PM  
Blogger Boo Boo said...

Glad that you are feeling better :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger vixly said...

Ohs noes! Glad the woes are gone by now -- did you eat a bee again??

7:20 PM  
Blogger The Leskiw Gang said...

Joe,
I am so glad to hear that your all better.
Love & Yorkie Kisses,
Maggie Rose

8:55 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe,

You are such a POSER! (If there was really something wrong with you, then I'm glad it's nothing serious).

Don't be so sure you're going to get the Doofus in that suitcase. Did you ever think that he may be planning to do the same to you?

Goober love,
Stanley

5:17 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

Are you gonna fill it with Tanner or poop?

I'm glad you're feeling better dude.

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

10:24 AM  
Blogger T-man Angel said...

Poor Joey, and poor mom!! It's so scary when that kind of stuff happens. We're glad that it wasn't serious.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home