Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, April 09, 2007

stuck in a rut

Thanks to everydog that added themselves to my map, I LOVE IT!

So recently we haven't been doing anythng exciting around here. Mom and Dad went to eat lunch on easter WITHOUT us and so we just sat around hoping that bunny would show up and bring us some candy.

grr
So I have been laying in bed watching a lot of baseball, trying to avoid the Doofus.

look at my paw
The Doofus wants to show you his paw.

healed!
It is looking a lot better.

i want to eat that
Tanner just wants to eat the water bottle. He loves water bottles and usually doesn't wait for Mom and Dad to finish drinking the water, he just steals them.

hey birds
While the Doofus is busy posing I am taking care of serious business in the back yard. We have too many birds and they yell and yell and I can never catch them.

joey enjoying the weather
I stalk them all over the yard, but they are elusive. Someday one of those birds is going to be mine, just you guys wait!!

eating a stick
While I am busy hunting for birds, the Doofus is busy eating a stick. Thank goodness Mom and Dad have me to keep the yard safe.

I hope you all had a good Easter.

24 Stains:

Blogger Gus said...

Oh boy! We didn't do much for Easter, but we did barbeque and Teka and I have leftovers for a couple of days. My humans eat meat, so there is a lot of prime hamburger stuff in our fridge. C'mon over, but bring your own bowl

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i live on the 17th floor but i still can't reach the birds. how high do these things fly???

i see you have a hammock in your yard. have you been on it? looks like something that would be difficult to get out of.

love..
chiyo

9:09 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Darn, I never get a chance to go after those birds!!
Didn't your folks bring you anything back after their Easter lunch?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Joey, hope you get those birds some day. Tanner's paw looks much better now.


~ fufu

10:05 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Chasing birds, eating sticks, all great fun. I never catch the birds either, they cheat, they fly.

Simba xx

12:50 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Good luck with the birds..!! I'd love to see some pics.. Hahah...
Psst.. Tanner's wound is looking so much better!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Are those oranges growing in your tree? Do they ever fall off the tree and on the ground so you can eat them?
Tanner's leg is looking so much better!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:07 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

joe,

at least your hooman were around coz of the holidays. over here, there isn't any holiday for Good Friday or easter!

wet wet licks

Boo

5:34 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Joe,
I like to try and chase birds too, but I can't catch them either. Happy belated Easter!
Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy easter joey and tanner!!! :)

i hope the bunny comes around next year to bring you two some goodiess!

p.s. well, if it makes you feel better, the bunny forgot me too!!!! GRRRRR.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

We had a RACCOON yelling at us last night!! Woke us up in the middle of the night!! My girl wouldn't take us outside to fight it off, though. Me and Fig could have taken him....

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also have the sole responsibility of protecting the house. it's exhausting... i hear ya.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hey Joe, is that lemons growing on the tree in your garden?

Jeannie loves any pictures you put on of you and the Doofus, keep on posting them!

love and licks Marv xxxxx

10:05 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

You da man Joey...you get those birds...they squak all day here too...we have some birds here that are as big as me...well nearly..seagulls and crows and ravens..man...I dont trust them..but i wonder if they could carry a smaller dog ....hmmmm...something to think about....My mom said that e bunny brought me snausages for easter...but i cant find them anywhere...she doesnt remember where he hid them..i will probbly get them for christmas...

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I have a constant battle with huge pooping seagulls but they don't come into my garden when I'm on patrol. Glad to see that the Doofus' paw is getting better. J x

12:32 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I am getting a bit worried about how much stuff I have in common with Tanner. I LOVE bottles, gulp!

Good work patrolling the yard Joey!

Licks
Oscar x

2:24 PM  
Blogger wally said...

My sis does bird patrol. She's taller than me.

Your 'rents should bring you some birds (duck, turkey, chicken, ostrich) to give you blood lust and help your patrolling.

wally.

ps. Doofus's leg looks good. The doofus face remains, though.

2:46 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Hey Joe! I think we have the same kind of interior doors and handles! Pretty cool, huh?
So ... what baseball team do you like? Our dad's an Indians fan so I like them.
Play bows,
Zim

2:49 PM  
Blogger Balboa said...

Thankfully your parents have you to watch over them. I hope they brought you back some tasty treats from dinner.

Frenchie Kisses,
Balboa

3:39 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

You don't even want to know about ruts, man.
Ike

5:27 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'm sorry Joey, but that first pic of the Doofus is the cutest thing ever. And his paw looks GREAT!

What kind of food grows on the trees in your backyard? Grapefruit (cos Doofus likes to eat the rotten ones), grapes, and what else??

6:15 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Tanner's wound looks better. Was chasing birds fun?

Love
Boy n Baby

6:16 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Dakota was actually helping me chase birds this weekend. Maybe there is hope for our useless siblings.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Get those birds Joey. I like sticks also but birds are better

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home