Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, March 26, 2007

vet tales

So the Doof had to go back to the vet because his sutures looked really GROSS. The Vet said he was having a bad reaction to the sutures, which is why they looked yucky. The doc took them out, put some antibiotic and a nice bandage on it and sent us on our way. FREE OF CHARGE. They said it should heal just fine, yet still no treatment was mentioned for the de-doofusifying.

Tanner got his sutures out

He got a purple bandage today and gets it off on Thursday, then I think it will be LAMPSHADE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is still cleaning and getting things back to normal after the BBQ and the company, but tonight she promised Tanner and I can share one of the leftover hot dogs. I bet we have some SWEET gas.

keeping an eye on the house
This was us this morning when Mom said VET TIME! I thought for sure it was my turn, but nope, it was doofus again!

35 Stains:

Blogger Adventures of Bismarck said...

I'm so glad to hear Tanner is doing better. Hot dogs are yummy.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Boo Boo said...

Speedy recovery to Tanner :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Hey - you never told my mom what kind of tumor it was.
Hot dogs are my favorite - all I got tonight was a crummy piece of raw potato that hit the floor but you know what they say about beggars and choosers! My mom is making bouillabaisse - fish stew! - I will eat like a pirate tonight! AAARRR matey!
Ike

5:38 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We sure hope that Tanner will recover fast. Hot dogs! Wow, both of yoy are in for a hearty meal.

Love
Boy n Baby

5:40 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hope Tanner gets better soon. hey Joey, you wont forget the camera when Tanner gets lampshade head right. Hee hee

~ fufu

5:53 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Joey: Maybe Tanner and Teka can have lampshade pics taken together! We hope he feels better soon.

Doofusism is not curable. It is sort of like being a Jack Russell, I think.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Hey Joey,
Do you think Doofus's drool could be the problem behind his sutures looking so gross?

I wonder if Doofus will post a picture on Tanner Tuesday to show us his lampshade! har har... :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Bentley and Niko said...

I love that photo with the whites of your eyes Joey, and the dreamy haze highlighting all your toys in the basket.

-Bentley the Art Critic

6:14 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

The Doof looks great in purple. Your expression in that last photo is priceless.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

The Doof looks great in purple. Your expression in that last photo is priceless.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Tanner-
I just LUV purple! I LUV your purple bandage!! Do you like the Vikings (football=MN)? I am glad you are o-k. Joey- what is a lampshade head? you sorta look like a doofus in the pic cuz you think you are going to the vet and not Tanner. You make a really cute doofus, though.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get well soon tanner!!!

p.s joey, be nice to the doofus for the time being! you can be mean to him when he recovers...tee hee hee!!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - tell your Mom that Doofus doesn't have to be a lampshade head! Check this out - tell her to take a section of newspaper and roll it up. Then take a kitchen towel and roll it up lengthwise around the newspaper. It should be big and bulky. Now just use duct tape and tape it around Doofus' neck. NOOO .. not TO his neck - tape the towel to itself. If you get it big and bulky enough he can't reach to lick his leg. Well, I couldn't lick my you-know-what's (even though they weren't there anymore) - I dunno about a leg. Try it - you can still see sideways!! Whoo hoo.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

mmmmmmm...hot dogs.
I'd make a doofus face if I could get a hot dog.
Comet


I hope Tanner's leg heals soon. Maybe if he didn't let his bandage get so dirty, it would heal better. Love the purple!
BLU

8:45 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hope that Tanner's wound heals soon.. Oh and I can't wait for a lampshade photo.. hiak hiak...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

Tanner, glad to hear you're doing better. Just make sure not to lick when you get your bandages off. The less you lick, the less chances you'll have to wear a lampshade.

How'd the hot dogs taste?? You're making me drool..

Tobes

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot dogs and hamburgers!!! YUM! i try to get HM to share some of her ham when she makes sandwiches too.

i hope this time the sutures mend ok. it would be icky if it started smelling too.

love..
chiyo

9:43 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

that would be a good way to sit when the gas starts Joey....you will drop doofus right on the floor...sweeeeeeet gas is right....I hope the doof is all better soon...waiting to hear his side of the story tomorrow...man...did you see our new puppy...she is really something...but something just aint right....i cant quite put my paws on it though...

12:09 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hahaha, your face Joey! I hate to say, but is was ALMOST a doofus face!

Glad Tanner is on the mend. Looking forward to seeing him modelling the lampshade, hehehe!

Licks
Oscar x

1:00 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I hope Tanner doesn't great the dreaded lampshade head. I love it when the humans make too much food and I get left overs. yum.

Simba x

1:31 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Are you sure it was a reaction to sutures and not his natural allergy to his own Doofusism? Or maybe the Doofusism was leaking out?

Mmmmm...I can almost smell your hotdoggas from here.

wally.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad Tanner is doing better. Maybe he'll be a good boy and won't have to have the lampshade! That's our wish for Tanner!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

2:27 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh and sooooo pleased to hear Tanner is ok! We had not looked in for a day or so, and we were really shocked to hear he had not been feeling too good!

Love the last picture when you hear the word Vet.....you both look horrified!

love and licks Marv xxxxx Hope Doofus is on way to recovery now!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

oh hot dogs. I am drooling already. Sounds great. Glad the Doofus is okay.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of my Collie who always had to wear a bandage and socks with suspenders. I now have a boston terrier "kermit" who fortunately doesn't have any of those problems. I'm putting your page on favorites, hopefully I'll get some pictures of my two boys on-line.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

sucks big time! tanner, can you type tomorrow's post??

wet wet licks

Boo

8:01 AM  
Blogger Balboa said...

I glad you're alright dude. Hot Dogs, awesome! You may stink later, but it'll be worth it!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Wired for Mackie said...

I like the purple bandage....cool! Cept I would chew on it! heheheh!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad it wasn't YOUR turn at the vet'narin, joey. i went the other day and they just continue to steal my blood. thieves. enjoy the hotdog - i got a WHOLE STRAWBERRY that fell last night. oh the joy....

9:03 AM  
Blogger Murphey said...

Crap, I got scared just reading the word vet.

Murph the Dog

10:33 AM  
Blogger Willie and Waylon said...

Not the lampshade!!!
But at least you get hot dogs and the opportunity to gas your parents out of bed ( or off the couch etc...)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

What is a lampshade head? Does that mean he'll be "brighter" and smarter? Is it the cure for Doofusism?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Ooooooh Hot Dog gas! Even the belches are award worthy!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

1:34 PM  
Blogger FleasGang said...

I still can't get past "free of charge"

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home