Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, June 27, 2009

More fun with toys...

I forgot to mention that yesterday was my Dad's birthday and he is now like 945 years old. Then Mom reminded me that I am also kinda old so lets just not talk about that anymore. Lets talk about these toys Mango the Maltese kiddo sent...




We also got some delicious snackables with the toys, I can't wait to eat a million of those.

After I performed my expert surgery on Spidey, I moved to the otter dude.




He is pretty fun and I had a good talk with him. He told me that it is REALLY hot here in the desert.

HOT
See what I mean??

I told Otter dude that I would hook him up with a quick hair cut so he wouldn't be so uncomfortable...




Tanner actually left me alone for once, maybe he is FINALLY learning to respect me!!




Mom said it doesn't matter if he does because he is adorable. WHATEVER.

I am going to go sit in front of the air conditioner and think about Sophie and NOT Lacie. She is spreading rumors about us KISSING, which you KNOW is a total lie because I belong to Sophie.

28 Stains:

Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Happy Birthday, Joe&Tanner's Dad.
May your year filled with upbeat drum rolls and happy musical notes.
Haha, happiness only real when shared!
I have fun watching you play rough with Spiderman and Otter. I see that Otter has become nekked and Spiderman is now suddenly not half the man he used to be, hehe!
Love ya lot

7:51 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow...happy birthday 945 year old dad...you dont look that old..it must be all the colouring on you...keeps you younger...joey my mom said we would croad if it was that hot here...we like it about 75 to 80 max....and i mean MAX...i dont know how you do it...do you have a fan to blow on myour belly..

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Hi Joe, it's me again, since you have at least 2 Mango friends, would you please adding next to my name Mango "the Maltese kiddo", hehe!
My mom watched those videos over and over, man you two are hilarious to the bone...marrow!
Love y'all

8:09 PM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Heya Joey and Tanner,

I sure am happy too that Mikey got his new home but if your Mommy woulda drove down and got him, then mayube I coulda meet you guys.

It is very hot here too.

{{{higgies}}}...Mona

8:47 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

If he lived where it was khooler he wouldn't be KHWITE that old!

I'd ask if there was khake but it probably MELTED!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:54 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joe stains its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow a hundred and ate that is like almost as hot as the sun!!! how can yoo stand it??? ok bye

9:10 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Wow! Your dad is really old! I can't even count that high. Is that in dog years? I think Tanner is sneaking peaks. He's really taking lessons from you on how to skin an otter.

Deefor

10:34 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

p.s. By the way I am NOTHING like Mike Tyson.

Deefor

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

I just know Mr. Otter apreciates the haircut.

That heat is just crazy!

Here, with the humidity factored in it has been 105. Totally rididulous.

Happy birthday to your dad!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We love that picture of you having that serious talk with Mr. Otter before you gave him his haircut! We sure hope he appreciated it, Joey!
Happy birthday to your dad!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:38 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Oh my lord that is way too hot. Try to stay cool if you can. Inside with the aircon on is the best place.

tailwags
Noah

3:37 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Happy Barkday to your dad. We hope he has a wonderful day, and all his favorite baseball teams win. We enjoyed the videos, particularly, the over the shoulder shot at the end of the first one!

gussie d

6:06 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Happy Birthday to your Dad...Wow, I didn't know he was older than my Mom...She is only 738...

Great new toys...And, I'm sure the Otter is more comfy after his haircut...

Ya gotta admit...Tanner IS adorable...

Abby xxxooo

6:35 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Dad.....We think you did a great job with the haircut..We would have taken out his voice box too..We think Tanner is not really leaving you alone but waiting for you to finish so he can POUNCE on that otter kid..just a thought...Love and kisses A+A

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!
That looks like a painful hair cut to Otter!
We have the same temps here right now!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! I am so impressed with your salon skills. That otter better have appreciated everything you did for him.

Tanner is pretty darn cute, but I suspect he left you alone because he couldn't figure out how to get over that blanket mountain.

xoxo
SB

P.S. I don't believe Lacy for a second. She has a big butt. Never trust a dog with a big butt.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Happy Happy birthday Papa de Joey & Tanner! Sorry you're so old, dude, but I'm sure your boys will take care of you.

As for Tanner, he looks pretty perplexed by that mountain of blankets in front of him on the bed. If he ever figures out how to scale that mountain you will NEVER have any privacy ever again!

Your haircut for the gopher looks pretty stinkin' good. Do you do Airedales?

Goober love,
Stanley

11:27 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey, come on, I SAW you kissing the beast! Yuck!

At least Tanner is giving you some respect. Took long enough. It appears you are giving that otter one of those terrier strip jobs.

Slobbers,
Mango

12:06 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Happy birthday to your dad!!!
It's been disgustingly hot here, too. Today it's going to barely reach 90, which Mom said is a cold front coming through. I guess that's relative, but 90 feels pretty hot to me, too.
Siberianly yours ~
Luv,
Dave

12:20 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

We hope your Dad had a great birthday - sorry we are late!
Cool toys - we loved spiderman!
Your videos were very funny indeed and we enjoyed watching them,
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

1:11 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Joey: tell your mom eating salmon cooked in maple syrup is really yummy too but so is pork loin, k!? mom lives on the stuff!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Astrid Keel said...

Happy Bday Human Dad! I like what you did to Otter... got to learn how to do that too!

3:13 PM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Joey and Doofus,

Just stopping by to let you know Mommy just finished by sleepy post.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

4:17 PM  
Blogger wally said...

With your excellent surgeon skills maybe you could fix Tanner's problem. Whatever that might be.

wally t.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

That otter is WAY HOT HOT HOT!!! Maybe that's why the heat got turned up. Ours finally got turned down today. We got to go run... some of us did.

wags from the whippets and happy happy to your dad

8:22 PM  
Blogger Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Happy bark..er..birthday to Joey & Tanner Dad. How sweet, its your daddy bday but you guys got the gift instead. Haha!!

Those are very lovely toys!!! Have fun.

9:22 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy birthday to your Dad, we are behind on blogs, but our wishes are that he had a good day.

Poor Spidey - did you gut him?

It was very hot here last week too, but with a high of 88 today, it ain't too bad.

Woos, the OP Pack

12:05 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

beeeeelated barks to your Dad on his huge birthday achievement.

Did you have to call the fire brigade to put the candles out?

My Jeannie says she is as ancient as the hills.

So your Dad is a young pup.

lotsaluv Marvin xxxxxxxxx

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home