Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am afraid...

Omdog guys, so Tanner showed you how he goes out and yells at those birds right?? Well, I think he made a huge mistake...

Have you heard of that movie "The Birds" from that Alfred Hitchcock guy?



Our yard is starting to look like that...



I have heard those birds will try to peck the top of your head off!!!

Scared in the bathroom
I am not coming out until those birds are gone!!

38 Stains:

Blogger wally said...

PROTECT THE HEADS! Send out your mom, first, then the Doofus, they'll probably go for his big gross dot.

wally t.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Yep...ya two need ta be very careful around those birds fer sure...Gram can tell ya stories about how good it feels when those kritters krap in yer hair...now that's a mess ta clean up...'en it feels awful too....

Dewey Dewster here....

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, at least Tanner has a spot on his head for the birds to aim for!

Did you see my post today? I think I deserve a special mention Stain Award!

Your pal,

Petey

6:18 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Wally t. stole my line!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:22 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

All I'm gonna say is make sure you take your Fart Club membership card with you out into the yard. Flash it at the birds and you'll be cool. Not that birds fart ... or might be members ... I'm just sayin'...
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

7:36 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

I'd never leave the house again! Love, Martha

7:37 PM  
Blogger Chef said...

Just fart at them and blow them away. Make sure they're not facing north toward my backyard, k?

I kinda think my dots might be sorta getting better maybe. Hard to tell. I'm supposed to have them removed on Monday but we're going to have the vet look at them one more time. I hope I'm lucky like Tanner and they'll just disappear. Man, Tanner's dot looked like a nightmare sitting there smack in the middle of his face like that.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Good choice!
My mom watched that movie and she says birds are scary!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:14 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Wow...That's alot of birds...

You're gonna be spending alot of time in the bathroom...

Abby xxxooo

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

That video is super creep with those scary chimes and everything. Are you sure your mom wasn't channeling old Hitch when she shot that? Those birds might peck Tanner's doofus dot right off his head. You might need to get yourself a helmet. I could probably find a hockey one that would fit you.

xo
SB

8:31 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Be careful. Those are the dreaded dive bomber birds. They only come to backyards that have those fancy hanging gadgets in view.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More stress means more farts? You could both get little Steelers helmets?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe,

Murphy's got a point. The fact that you're a Fart Club member should be MORE than enough of a warning to those birds. If that doesn't suffice, then turn toward them a bust a little a$$. They'll leave for sure then.

Goob love,
Stanley

11:01 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

Ooooh... those evil birds.... I am on my way there to help you chase them away.

Luv
Snowball

11:54 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Wise choice Joey...You might want to warn tanner against antagonizing those birds.. the dot on the top of his head may look like a 'target' for those birdies...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Me again, just had an idea. Hmmm... maybe helmets will be useful.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Bae Bae said...

Eeeks that's so scary. Keep the birds out

~ Bae

1:01 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Best stay inside. It looks dangerous out there. You might get pooped on!

tailwags
Noah

1:40 AM  
Blogger Aki and Poopie said...

we're so glad the birds didn't aim for the dot.. that would be ick.

better cover up joey. we dont want any birds pecking on your shiny black head.

drooly kisses,

Aki

3:21 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

OMG! Its worse than you think. There are Birds That Pray that have been known to take smallish doggies from their yards and eat them. Given Tanners rather large size, they would likely go for YOU FIRST!

Slobbers,
Mango

3:41 AM  
Blogger vix said...

Did you have storms last night? :)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Dude,
I hate to say it, but an evil CAT may come in handy here.....

5:54 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh my...those are probably the same birds that used to dive bomb Teka every time she got too close to the tangerine tree! We are sorry they have relocated to your yard.


gussie

6:57 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Beware of the Bird Stains!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

You're right--birds will peck your heads right off! (At least that's what my Old Girl says. I think she saw that movie after getting pecked on the head or something.)
Be safe!

8:50 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

OH NO! i've seen that movie! I actually watched the part where the birds start making a bunch of noise! It was HORRIBLE!
Be safe, you guys. Really.
Play bows,
Zim

10:26 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You need football helmets - Steeler football helmets!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Be careful! That sounds dangerous. We have to cover up our parakeets whenever they get out of line, lol!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Boy, I don't blame you. I wouldn't go outside, either, until the birds scram and get the heck outa your yard!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Joey... I got a secret for ya. Birds are like chicken... ya know, the stuff that ya eat. And well, it gets real hot there in Arizona, right?

If they keep comin' through the summer, one day you might walk out and your back yard will be like KFC!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Nothing works like a bribe!
Thanks dude!
Ike

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Can't say I blame ya Joey! They like to peck your head when lil' ones are around...and then usually get you when you know, either going # 1 or #2...it's not right I tell ya!!! Be careful, vewwwwwy careful! xox

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Wow, that's a lot of birdies, Joe. I'd be happy to come by and chase them all out of your yard for you. I find that the sight of a three-legged dog with an open mouth saying WROOOOOOOOO is very effective. Especially when I jump five feet into the air at them. Just let me know, and I'll be hoppin' on down there.

Oh, and The Girl wants to know, were those windchimes real in the background? They were totally scary!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh dear dog, that video was scary.............

I am shaking now!

pee ess we watched it twice because it was lovely to see green trees and grass, we still got boring snow!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Mom hates birds because of that reason. She thinks birds are out to get her. I though she was weird until a few weeks ago I saw a bird pretend it didn't see her and almost hit her in the head. Mom says the only birdfeeders allowed at our house are hummingbird feeders because they don't attack her.
Mom has mental issues!
Kaos

12:23 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Ooooh that tinkly sound totally ramped up the scariness of your video!

8:52 PM  
Blogger booksaremyhabit said...

Joey is so darn funny on his bathmat hahahaaaaa

4:03 PM  
Blogger Deetz said...

That movie is my mums all time favorite. I have not seen it yet....very scary
Deetzy

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home