Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, August 22, 2008

Freaky Friday

Mom said I have to be nice to Tanner ALL weekend after that post. Well, it was worth it :) Dad is gone until Sunday in San Francisco, without us. It is our uncle's bachelor party weekend. They are going to ride on a trolley all over town and drink beers, go to restaurants and maybe even go to a baseball game. I am still not sure where my invitation got lost but I guess it is ok if I stay home and protect Mom and Tanner. Also, the STEELERS!!!! are on TV tomorrow so I have to be here for that.

I also have to be here to keep an eye on this thing...




WTF is that?!

Mom said it is an "Aerogarden" and it grows herbs without dirt or sunshine. She just set it up on Wednesday night and it is already sprouting plants. I think it must use laser beams or something from space to work that fast!!




You just stick these pods in it...




Stick these little domes over them and fill the thing up with water and these special nutrients tabs they give you. Then you get herbs that are able to be harvested within 28 days!! Can you believe that??

She had to set it up in Dad's room with his drums and CDs and boy stuff cuz the kitchen is too hot and Mom was worried about US eating the herbs. Whatever, its not like its growing French Fries.

Check out the video, its like we have sunshine in our house now! (don't mind Tanner trying to eat the kitchen floor)


We will keep you posted on this crazy contraption!

why is he in MY bed?`
Here is a picture of me being nice to Tanner. I am letting him sleep RIGHT by me. Mom said that look on my face is less than nice, but I am trying over here, sheesh!

33 Stains:

Blogger Bobo the Boston Terrier said...

Mom says that aerogarden looks cool- but she kills cactus even, so she thinks it's better to admire your garden than start one too.

What a doofus she is.

P.S. What size ribs toy do you & Tanner have? My mom is wary of spending $15 on a ribs toy but since I don't enjoy my Cuz...she's looking for new ideas.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I wonder if that garden thing will blind your dad when he goes into the room to play his drums? It is really bright. Good luck being nice to Tanner.

9:38 AM  
Blogger vix said...

You are being VERY nice to Doofus because his butt is right by your face and you know what a dangerous combination that can be!

10:03 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

That is one neat thingy! And you're really behaving supernice! I'm just hanging out at home ignoring the little guy, as he seems to think I'm a bit scary.. Can you imagine..

Bajas

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kodak the Eskie said...

Wow, that is a very cool aero garden! Can't wait to see how it grows. You and Tanner look so cute laying in the bed.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

That gardeny thing looks very cool. I loved the comment on french fries...BOL I only wish there was a plant that did that!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

11:53 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hey Joe, Wonder why my bloggie doesn't update when you have posted - keep missing your Posts. My 2 leggededs fault,I'll get her onto it. I've been reading all you past weeks post and chuckled at the Doofus movie. That garden looks like a UFO has landed - watch it Joe could be something to do with the wheelie's plotting...

Oh and go sign up to Peteys trip to Vegas and if you do happen to have that stretch limo maybe we could use it? Wags, Eric x

12:07 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So are khalling Doofus FREAKY?

Woo know - I think your mom and dad and my mom must share the same diverse musihk interests!

Glad they got to Loggins & Messina AND enjoyed the show too!!

Take good khare of your mom!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Go Iggles ;-)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Joey...

Yer a trip....I can see ya were tryin' hard ta be nice ta Tanner...'n that's good.....what's also good is ya bein' a Steelers fan....we understand there are people all over the country who bleed black and gold....'n yer color is already mostly black...so yer halfway there....hope they win...we can't wait ta hear about yer new garden...Gram loves ta plant stuff 'n eat it too....

Dewey Dewster here....

12:20 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Whoa dude. Is your mom growing, um, cash crop?

wally t.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

You'll have to keep us posted on your mom's new garden.
My mom would like one of those

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one interesting thing. If it grows basil and italian stuff, then I am totally IN!
Hugs,
Sitka

2:20 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Mom saw one of those on a commercial and was wondering how well it work. Definately keep us updated. Not sure where we'd put it, but if it works good, mom can make room - as long as it doesn't take away any space for me, my toys or my treats.
Kaos

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Umm...are you sure she isn't growing Tanner Clones in there Joe? Looks like it to me!

gussie

3:15 PM  
Blogger A&S said...

joey are you sure that thing isn't from outer-space? it sure looks like it could beam tanner up somewhere....

p.s. GO STILLERS!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

that 'thing' would totally terrrrify me!!! I don't like electrical appliances...especially if they hum or get hot. You are very very brave. Keep an eye on that thing!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Rudy said...

I bet your people could get a suntan from that contraption! Let us know how that works -- Mom gets the craziest ideas about growing stuff in the wintertime but never acts on it. (whew! good thing)

I'm still laughing about Tanner's itsy bitsy doofus bikini... (snort, giggle)

Love
Rudy

5:01 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow...that aerogarden look cool...you and tanner could start your own business with the special herbs....i think tanner looks very very comfy in that bed....i am tempted to jump right in beside him..

5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow that herb grower looks pretty cool. Better be careful that the narcs don't pick it up on their scanner as a "homegrown" garden, lol ... it looks pretty spaceage!

Eric - our blog doesn't update when Joe posts either. Maybe the human can check settings for feeds?

hmmmmmmmm that's sounds like dinner time!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
That aerogarden is pawesome! No dirt. No sunlight! Sounds magical!
I am sure you Dad is going to have fun! And you too at home being nice with Tanner and your Mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

6:34 PM  
Blogger Aggie said...

You are a dog after my Mom's own heart! Go Steelers is right!!! Da Burg' is getting crazy now that it's football season. I will have to send you some Steeler dog stuff, it's easy to find when you live in the burg'

Sloppy Licks,

Aggie

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I bought the aerogrow too...but I haven't set it up yet. I think I will have to finally take it out of the box! Is that light as blinding as it looks in the video? Thanks!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joe
I'd be caweful of those hewbies..they look eeewie..kind of alike alien hewbses..Awe you taking Tannew wif you to Petey's bachelow pawty in VEGAS//that would be being supew nice
smoochie kisses
ASTA

8:41 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Whoa! That totally looks like it could be a cash crop Dude! (Scooter here) I bet it is strictly for medicinal purposes tho,right? A long time ago you said Tanner's butt broke. Maybe it broke again and he needs that medicine...or maybe it really IS an "herb garden".....My Mom says I'm alot like Tanner, but I don't see it. But SHE is! heh

9:03 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

We've seen that herb grower thingy on TV. D wants to know one thing..say you use up all the basil for example...do you have to buy another pod to replace it? If so how much is each replacement pod? Joey, can your mum let D know if she thinks it's a good way of growing herbs because our herbs which are potted outside always die off.

tailwags
Noah
ps. D made me ask all those questions...sorry matie.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

That plant growing thing would never work here, Mummy can kill weeds. It looks really cool though. You don't look very pleased about sharing the bed.

Simba x

1:20 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Wow...That thing gives off alot of light...You're gonna have to put your sunglasses on to go in there...

You do look annoyed that you have to be nice to Tanner for a minute...

Abby xxxooo

4:15 AM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

What a nice contraption. The Mommy loves to use fresh herbs. Does your Mommy have any basil in there? The Mommy uses lits of basil. When my Aunt Annie lived with us she planted it like bushes all around the front yard & our house smelled soooo good.

The Mommy is working tomorrow & OT all next week on a special project, but she is taking Friday off & we are going to the counrty for 4 whole days to visit Roxie, Sammy and Andy & Maggie and Jake might be there too. How mush longer is it before next Friday?

LOVE YOU AND THE DOOFUSS TOO!! MONA

6:21 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I'm worried that contraption is going to sprout aliens. You better keep an eye on it.

xo
SB

8:24 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Herbs, right ...
Ike

6:05 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Our mom has thought about getting one of those aerogardens! Let us know what your mom thinks of it!
Play bows,
Zim

9:39 AM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That garden thingy looks very strange. And why would your mom put it so far away if it didn't taste good?

I think you look very nice and sweet, considering how close you are to Tanner.

Deefor

2:25 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

Our mom thinks that herb gardeb thing is cool.

Love
Boy n Baby

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home