Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting to know you...

So we are postponing the debut of the movie until tomorrow, because Tanner wants to share it on Tanner Tuesday.

I have had some questions about how old I am lately, and how old the Doofus is. I realized we have a lot of new readers out there who may not be so familiar with our story. I would like to take this opportunity to address all the new friends and maybe some with failing memories. :)





I am 9 years old and as you can see in the pic above, I am very handsome. I will be 10 in March. For the longest time my parents were unsure of my exact birthdate so I celebrated March 6th-9th as "Joey-Palooza". Four days of non-stop birthday excitement. Just a few month's ago they found my puppy paperwork (it was buried at my Dad's parent's house in a sea of papers) and saw that I was born on March 6th. However, as Joey-Palooza is a much loved holiday, we will continue to celebrate it.

I was an only dog, loving life and enjoying being the center of attention, until August 29th 2005. That is when we got Tanner.


That is one of the first pictures of us together.

Tanner came from a pound in Ohio. My Dad's aunt does a lot of work for them and she called one day and was all, OMDOG there is this cute Boston here do you want him? My parents said YES. Can you freakin believe it? If I could turn back time I would have ate the phone. all the phones. the phone line. the telephone pole. ANYTHING. But he is here now so I just have to deal with him, I guess. He is 4 years old (maybe 3, his intake papers have different dates) but he acts like he is 4 months. His nickname is The Doofus Face.

If you do not know why...watch this video:


Doofus Face from Rhonda on Vimeo.
Our nice aunt Patty drove the doofus all the way to AZ (which is where we live) from Ohio. What a nice aunt. I guess. ahem.

We are very easy to tell apart. I am the handsome one and he is the Doofus. He is also fat. BUT if you still have a problem, he has a dot on his head. The Doofus Dot.





Well, I hope this was informative and that all the new and old readers out there feel like they know us a little better!

29 Stains:

Blogger Ben & Darling said...

wakakkkakakaaa!!! I couldn't stop laughing again. It tooks lotsa energy to read your blog Joey, it really does.

*take a deep breath* This is a berry informative post and thanks for sharing those photo, I can see there is a great bond between you & Tanner by judging at the 1st pic.

slurpy licks,
BenBen

5:28 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

That SOOOOO khlears it up fur us!!

Doofus=Dot

Handsome=Joey

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lillie Valentine said...

Dearest Tanner, This is Kendra. Lillie's oldest and favorite human sister. I have been informed that your 5th "birfday" is coming up. Well guess what, my own 15th birfday is also coming up in exactly 20 days. So I think we should celebrate together. Wouldn't that be fun! Say hello to Joey for me. Your Human Friend
Kendra


P.S Lillie says hello.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi,Joey!
I've told you... Tanner is one of a kind!
And you the handsome one... and you know that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:58 PM  
Blogger Dewey Dewster said...

Well, Thank Ya Joe...

I am glad ta hear yer story there...'n I take it from the way ya told it that ya wish Tanner would go away....I hate ta tell ya this....but I bet he's stayin'....yep....hoggin' up yer lovin'.... yer scratch time.....yer personal attention time.....yer house 'n probably yer bed too....now don''t be plannin' a murder there cause you'll get caught fer sure....ya just posted yer sad story ta the world....everyone knows ya have a grudge there and ya would spend the rest of yer life behind bars....not worth it...no siree....doesn't he have any redeeming qualities? Think now...'n tell the truth...ya really like 'em deep down, don't ya? aaaawwww, I knew it.....

Dewey Dewster here....

8:03 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's Joey and tanner, hmm dats how me tells u apart, plusss me noticed last post dat tanner has more white on his left front footy foot...

b safe,
~rocky~

me iz smart!!!! hmmm ok mama says me iz sumtimes...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! I feel like I've read joeypedia. My birthday is at the end of February, maybe we could stretch it out into a two week cross-country celebration!

You're looking damn fine for a 9 year old, Joey!

Your pal,

Petey

8:42 PM  
Blogger Charlie Daniels said...

OK, now I know about the Doofus Dot it will be much easier .... It took me a while to find the dot in the first picture of you two together! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

8:56 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow you sure were lovin the doof when he first came to visit...so what changed joe...what changed

9:21 PM  
Blogger Bobo the Boston Terrier said...

Mom says THANK YOU (she feels embarassed & like this post should be addressed to "The other doofus, Bobo's mom") :( Hahaha

We think we remember seeing an older post where you circled Tanner's spot and said "actual brain size" or something. That always makes us laugh.

P.S. I ate half a Frosty Paw and then barfed when Mom was eating dinner. She kept saying "Oh sheeeet, sheeeet." What the heck does that mean? (hehehe)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

it looks like since the 1st day... u had shown tanner who's the household boss

10:02 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

I feel your pain, Joey. I cried when you talked about that fateful phone call. Too bad you didn't eat the phone. Then I laughed at the Doofus faces. Then I cried some more remembering when Arrow (my own personal Doofus) moved into MY house.

Deefor

10:08 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

That's a lot of Doofusism!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

12:08 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

What a shock it must have been when Doofus arrived... and then he STAYED! At least you have somebody to blame things on. Plus you guys have the same dental configuration so who can ever tell for sure whether it was you or the Doofus?

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. I think my stain was about as big as your entire self.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Tanner is such a hot sketch! We can't believe he entered YOUR house and preceeded to hump you! We're glad you taught him a few manners, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:57 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hehehe, that slideshow of Tanner photos was funny! Thanks for the warning though cos I MIGHT be tempted to try pulling some of those faces! J x

3:10 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Ahhaaa the doofus dot, thanks for the tip Joey.
What is Joey Palooza???

tailwags
Noah

3:40 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

We used to have to use the doofus dot to tell you guys apart. Now we don't have to and can tell your handsomeness apart from the doofus without it.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

What a great & informative post, Joe!

But I still don't think Tanner is fat....since I weigh more than him.....

4:44 AM  
Blogger Pedro said...

Joe,

Nice to meet you! I enjoyed reading your story and seeing the pictures of Doofus Face, ahem... Tanner. He sure likes to stick his tongue out for the camera! Stop by and give me a bark some time!

Pedro

5:41 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

My mom said to tell you she's got that "Getting to Know You" song stuck in her head now. Apparently when she was a biped puppy, she was forced against her will to watch musicals. Now a mere line from one sends her into some bizarre ear-worm thing. Go figure.
Tail wags,
Storms

6:35 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joey! You are obviously the handsome one. That's why I love you.

xo
SB

7:32 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

That photo is funny!! Poor Joey, you really are long suffering.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

7:47 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

BOL! That doofus make more silly faces than me, and that's saying something!

Bajas

8:50 AM  
Blogger wally said...

I always look for the Dots in the picture, though it is usually not hard to tell you apart. Handsome one, Doofus one. Same in our house (handsome vs. not-handsome distinction), though my ma ape now has difficulties with the shepherds who both have doofus tendencies.

wally t.

11:18 AM  
Blogger wally said...

P.S. That is exactly how I, um, broke my baby brudder in. It's good to be welcoming.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

Such a wonderful story...We could never hear it too many times...

We love you guys...

Abby xxxooo

5:25 PM  
Blogger Myeo said...

We knew this story but we still read it and it really make us laugh so hard.

Joey & Tanner, you guys are the bestest. Never fail to put a smile on our face.

Love
Boy n Baby

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

Thanks for the reminder! I'm am very happy to know that Joey Palooza will still continue! I've been worried and didn't want to bring it up in case it was still a sensitive subject.
Kaos

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home