Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thanner Thursday!!!

Right NOW it is storming outside!! So Joey is hiding so I said I will do one post while he is being scared pants!!!!!

I would like to show you some things OK?




This thing is called Grammy's Pot Pie. It is SO GOOD to eat!! We get some sometimes in our dry food and it makes the besterest dinner!




But we still get that STUPID powder, LESS POWDER MORE FOOD! !!! !!!




Mom makes us eat a million miles apart because sometimes I get done first and then I try to eat some of Joe's food too. That is not my fault he is OLD and SLOW!!!




Also, we got these things. Its a bunch of fish in that bag but they dried them up into snackies! Thye are SO OO OOO good. Mom said they are STINKY but I LOVE them! They make our furs soft and shiny!!

ALSO my big corn shank is missing. Joes thinks its just lost, but it might be somewhere Startegic so I can find it and use it sometimes, maybe! But reallly maybe I just wanted a new one!!!




We have a bazillons of these in the cupboard thanks to our Uncle Dick. he mailed me a BUNCH!




I gotta get to work on making this one into a SHANK!




Joe looks like he is trying to brush his teeths with it!!!! What a DORK!?!?!?!! LOL

FINALLY





This one happened the other night, Joey came in and laid RIGHT NEXT TO ME! We were bestest friends for like 10 minutes!!!!! OMDOG it was great! Then he got mad and left.

Tomorrow is a Friday and then the Mom and Dad don't have to go to that work on Monday becuase it is Memoriole Day. I guess that is a day to remember Orioles?? I didn't know they left but I guess they did if we have to remember them now??? I dunno, I will ask Joey, he knows everything! I hope you all have a good day remembering the Orioles!!!!!!!

38 Stains:

Blogger Stanley said...

Ah, Tanner!

Grammie's pot pie... YES! We HAVE MET before, she & I! My girl almost licked out the can, she said it smelled so good!

Whoa! You have your own cornshank stash, man! I'm jealous, but happy for you.

That Joey LOVES you, he's just a weenie about admitting it.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

7:38 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Tanner!

Is Joe really afraid of storms? I thought he was brave!

That food looks really good, and even the powder stuff looks good to me... I've never eaten the powder for dogs, but I eat the cat's powder all the time because the cats won't eat it, hee hee!

I can't believe the weekend is coming up so fast already! I hope you have a GRRRReat one, and have fun remembering the Orioles!

Sparky

7:40 PM  
Blogger Snowball said...

I can't take Merrick canned food. I get bad tummy after eating them.

I think to hide the old shank in order to get a new one is a good strategy. You are the smarterest, Tanner.

Luv
Snowball

8:01 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

What's with that look on your face in the last pic? Did Joe just fart?
Ike

8:19 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

MMMMM we love Grammy's Pot Pie, but it has been very scarce around here since muzzer decided me and Gussie was too fat. So now all we get is Blue Buffalo stuff. Sheesh.

Joey and Gussie is lots alike. Gussie pretentds he doesn't like me too...but I know diffrent. He loves me. He just doesn't want Miss Snickers to know.

kisses
Teka Toy
Oh Boy

8:23 PM  
Blogger meemsnyc said...

1. Pot pie looks Ah-Maz-ing.
2. Wow what neat fishie snacks.
3. What a super cool corn toy!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Grammie's Pot Pie? Have not tried that before well that's becoz Malaysia don't sell any. Or maybe they do. Need to ask my mommy to check. I bet it's really tasty!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:33 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Awwww...Joey's so sweet to lay by you!

I'm going to have to try that Pot Pie. I got some Merrick's sausage the other day...mmmmmmmmmm...

9:14 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

i have never ever had grammies pot pie...i want some too. Do you think your grammie makes pot pie in canaaaaada to. And i dont think we have corn shanks here either...man...mom said we will look next time she takes me to the doggy store...anyhow you have fun remembering those orioles...sorry that joe is such a scared cat...werid..

9:23 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh that Grammie's pot pie looks nice. How long will it take you to make a cornshank Tanner?

~ Girl girl

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A shank from corn? I suggest you try chewing down a rawhide or extra tough bone. Finn has whittled a few of his down into things that are not allowed through security checkpoints.

For such a tough dog though being afraid of storms is a bit embarrassing though isn't it?

11:47 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Oh man.. who would have thought that the cool and brave Joe Stains is afraid of storms!!
I have told you this before already.. deep in Joey's little heart, there's a special spot for Tanner..

12:34 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

The food looks yummy. 10 mins of friendship, wow is that a new record.

Simba xx

12:50 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! You are so lucky that you have your own corn cob stash, Tanner! I sure wish I did!

Yer friend,
Mitch

2:22 AM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

That food looks yummy! And laks is Norwegian for salmon. We like it in any language. ;)

Bajas & Nimbus

3:00 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

You just might have the oriolies day messed up. Joe will set you straight though. Joe should really be your best friend for more then 10 minutes. That grammie pot pie looks really good. I have never had that. A whole stash of corn to be made into shanks. You are so lucky.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Tanner,
Your mom finds the coolest snackies!

I think deep down Joey probably thinks you are a great little brother! He'll never admit it though!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

That Merrick food rocks! I eat a BIG can of it each and every day. What's up with the powder.

Maybe you are going to need a torture bowl to slow you down to Joey dining speed.

Slobbers,
Mango

5:16 AM  
Blogger Pug(s) and Bugg said...

OMD I love your cornshank, I want to make one too. We really loved the picture you submitted, by the way. Go SNPM!!!!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I love, love, love Grammie's Pot Pie. I get that in kibble form for breakfast and dinner everyday. It's so yum! yum! yummy! Love, Martha

6:04 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

I love Grammies Pot Pie!! Mom makes us all eat super far away from each other too. Sherman tries to steal everyones food so Mom makes him sit on his mat till we're all done & then he gets to lick out our bowls.

Hope you have a great Oreos weekend!

Lola

6:32 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Pot pies and salmon and corn shanks OH MY!!!

Can I come to your house???

Lots of Licks, Ruby

6:40 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Oh you should not ever ever ever call Mr. Joe Stains a D_ _ _, Tanner. Espescially when a storm has already come and made him mad. You better give him your corn cob and your pot pie. And say you're sorry.

wags from the whippets

7:31 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Oreioles? Is that like oreo cookies? Maybe your mom can add that in your food.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Dear Joey and Tanner,

Can your mom email my mom and tell me where she can buy me some of the corn?

I heart corn.

I hope that it cools down there and you get tons of mom/dad time this weekend.

ernesto
currently a dog with only one mom

7:50 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

We'll be remembering the Orioles too, this weekend. Mom will have 4 whole days off. Yay, more time for us! Have a great weekend!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

7:56 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We want some of Grammy's Pot Pie. We don't want that powder stuff that looks like flax. Bring on the good stuff.
Do you think the Orioles will play the Yankees? Maybe they will play our losing, sucky team the Mariners.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Oh Tanner... you made my girl laugh so hard....

2:36 PM  
Blogger Emma the Golden Girl said...

and the Canine Kids said,
Tanner,
We just love that Grammy's Pot Pie stuff too. It's yummy!
We're sorry Joe was scared of the storm. Hope he's okay.
It was grreat to see you two on the bed together being pals even if it wasn't for very long.
Glad your parents have Monday off. We are looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Tanner,
We don't have Grammie's Pot Pies here in Oz. It looks good though.
We're so glad you got to have a moment with Joey. It was a lovely photo even if it did only last 10 minutes.
That corn cob chew is just like the one we got from Maggie & Mitch. Ours has gone to corn heaven now......sigh.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

4:07 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hey buddy,

you have been nominated for Post of the Month over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

love

opy

4:49 PM  
Blogger wally said...

We live near the Orioles so it is not easy to forget them. My sissy is from Oriole-land.

We eat the Grammie's Pot Pie stuff but what's up with the SMALLER SERVING? That doesn't seem right.

wally.

4:53 PM  
Blogger wally said...

P.S. Down with storms. Thunder stinks. And if you're not afraid of it, you don't know what you're doing.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00f's joe and tanner, yummmies, dat looks sooo good...heehee me tolded u a long time ago dat u and joe, loved each other, u just playin harwd to git...me never had a corn cob b4, me mite need to asked my mama to git me one...

b safe,
~rocky and company~

5:49 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Tanner!
Sure you had a very interesting thursday!
Yes, your food looks yummy even with that powder!
I know you have lots of cornshanks!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:04 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

That dog food looks better than the stuff my humans eat. I have a corn too. A little one Arrow likes. I like to take it away from him.

Guess we're a lot like you and Joe.

Deefor

8:24 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Archie and I have to eat in separate rooms....or world war three will break out if he comes near my dish...Love A+A

7:37 AM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Hi Tanner!
Wow, that Grammie's Pot Pie looks super delicious!!! Yummy! Hiding your corn-shank to get a new one was a really smart idea! You should do that with all your favorite toys!!

Smooches,
Winnie :-)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home