Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

No Results, no barfing

So we did not get the blood results from the Vet today, we will get an update Monday. The good news is Tanner has not puked and is eating food as usual. I must tell you that while he was at the Vet I was nosing around in his stuff (for his own safety to be sure he was not keeping anything that might upset his stomach, of course) and found his very first corn shank. I was alarmed to discover he was shaping it into an exact replica of a knife that my Mom has:




I am a little bit shocked and somewhat afraid. I guess maybe I should be nicer to Tanner. Perhaps he IS smarter than I once thought?




With that in mind I did let Mom take this photo.




But then I quickly performed a maneuver to get away from the Doofus, then I reminded him I have a weapon of my own...




Oh ya, take that butt bomb Tanner. Can you see I am practically blinding him with my gas attack??




We will keep you posted about the Vet news, but we are pretty sure the Doofus will be ok, he is acting as Doofusy as usual.




So until we talk again, here is my handsome face in the sunlight...

26 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, You are indeed very handsome. Tanner's corn shank does look strikingly similar to that knife, but it is also similar to a paisley. Hmmmm.

Bisous,
SB

9:07 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I'd keep an eye on that corn shank! It looks a little scawie. Glad Tanner is feeling better and glad you are looking so handsome!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:26 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
If Tanner is eating normally sure its a good signal!
You two have mortal weapons! Tanner his shaped knife corn and you... your mortal gassy butt!
Have a happy sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope Tanner is ok :)

And I'd be keeping a bit of an eye on him too - those are quite some carving skills he's got there!!

River

11:07 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

I sure hope the Doofus is ok. Maybe this is just his way to try and get more attention. That corn shanks looks scary!

Holly

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Joey, you know he likes your farts--look at him! He didn't even move away. Though I had some good laughs over that wincy eye thing he had going on. ;-D

I'm glad that Tanner seems to be OK!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

How come I can't get my corn shank to look like Tanners?! Could you ask him to write me personally, Joey? I would sure appreciate it!

Yer friend,
Mitch

2:31 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Great idea with the butt bomb. I am going to try and blast pee-wee off the deck with one today. Hee hee.

You need to get that corn cob shank away from Tanner before somebody gets hurt.

Mango

2:49 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Butt Bomb! Well done. That corn shank is worrisome, though. I definitely think walking around in a cloud of gas to keep him at bay. Eating bacon every day would do it for me.

wally.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Wow, you are looking extra handsome in that photo, Joe.

I'm sure your weapon can do more damage than Tanner's so I wouldn't worry!

I'm glad the Doofus is feeling better - looks like he is back to his old self.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

oh, Joey, you make my human laugh soooo much!!!

So happy to hear Tanner is back to being a gut monster again! Stay well lil' guy!

luv ya
Lola Smiles

5:35 AM  
Blogger Myeo said...

The corn sure looks like the knife. Be very careful, Joey!.

Love
Boy n Baby

6:05 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

becareful joe, that is a dangerous weapon tanner got there...

6:14 AM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

I think I would be very worried about that corn shank!!

Poor Tanner's eyes are watering.. that must have been one lethal butt-bomb!!

Mum melted at the picture of you framed in sunlight, you handsome devil you!!

Pawz crossed for good results and a speedy recovery for Tanner.

Ben xxx

6:28 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I'm glad to hear Tanner isn't doing any more horka-ing! I hope it turns out to be "nothing"!
GREAT pictures!
Love,
Ammy

6:43 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

We think Tanner was making a tooth pick for YOU, Joe Stains, so you don't have to get your teeth ever done by the VET, and that you should tell him sorry for fart bombing him. (Although we don't see fart bombs as weapons; we frankly enjoy them.)

Glad he's feeling better.

wags from the whippets

7:51 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Dawson does those butt bombs that make your eyes water. They are enough to clear a room and save your life in a time of need.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

We are glad to hear that the Doof, er, Tanner, is feeling better. It was probably just something he ate!
He really has a way around a corn shank. Who know how talented he was? Maybe he can sell them on HSN or QVC on one of those knife shows!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Joe, did you hear about that construction worker who tried to jinx the Yankee's new stadium by burying a Red Sox jersey under the concrete? Bizarre! He got caught though. Well, obviously or it wouldn't be in the news, huh. Hope your weekend was stress and vomit-free!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Wouldn't it be funny if computers had smell o vision??? Glad he is feeling better Love A+A Ps where do you guys get those corns?????/

2:24 PM  
Blogger Cairo The Boxer said...

Very cute! Great shot in the sun light.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Yes, indeed, your face is certainly a handsome one, Joey.

Maybe Tanner has been watching the food channel and is going to become a chef and cook right along side your mom.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

Oh oh that corn shank does look scary!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

I'd make sure that your mom locked up Tanner's corn shank before I took a nap. It's pretty scary looking.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Joe!

It is a well-known fact that you are the handsomest candidate on the presidential election circuit. You might want to be less forthcoming about the butt bombs though... at least until you and Tad are in office.

Keep us posted on Tanner, and watch out for that corn shank, man!

Goober love,
Stanley

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woofies and burfs Joe and Tanner...wow, Joe we wood b keepin one eye open when we sleep with a weapon like dat...u take a pawsome pictur, heehee and fartin on Tanneru bestest b careful, watt iffin he lets one rip on u..

b safe,
rocky
bear and
angel lacylulu ;)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home