Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The end of an era....

Tanner

While Tanner contemplates how much trouble he is in, I'd like to discuss something very important. As you may know my birthday has been a topic of controversy for years as my puppy papers had been misfiled at my grandparent's home. This resulted in the creation of the holiday known as Joey-Palooza. This holiday runs from March 6th to March 9th. The reason is because March 6th is the day Mom said my birthday was and March 9th was when my Dad thought it was.

My friends, hold on to your seats...my Puppy Papers have been FOUND! My Dad was right, my real birthday is March 9th! What does this do to Joey-Palooza?!?!!!!



I will talk about this more later, I have a lot to think about and digest. Thank you to Sophie for all of her support and understanding through this trying time.

34 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh Joe, Hang in there my little man. It will all be okay. You can play on the compassion of your peeps to allow Joey Palooza to stand. And if that doesn't work, pee on those papers. Maybe the ink will run and they can go back to not being sure any more.

xo
SB

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Once something is a national holiday it is ALWAYS a national holiday! So I believe Joey-palozza stands and I for one will continue to celebrate it. Are you with me?

oh and I do believe Mr. Stains you were flirting with me just a little bit there on my bloggy...don't worry, it will be our little secret!

Lots of Licks, ruby

2:47 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

The 6th, the 9th. Who gives a rats behind. I say we celebrate for the whole stinkin' month.
Can't wait to hear the next episode of this tale.

2:49 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yes - what they all said!

BTW, I wasn't waiting for any MkhDonalds -

But something from Khatway or Khatter King woo'd be good!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Joey Palooza still stands!!!
Hey, we tagged you guyz to play the Memoir Meme, so come on over and check it out if you want to participate!
Ozzie & Rocky

2:54 PM  
Blogger JavaGirlBT said...

I can't believe it was your Dad who was right! Usually it's the Moms. At least it is in my house.
Java

3:06 PM  
Blogger Lady Kaos said...

They can't just cancel Joey Palooza!! It's considered a national holiday!! Dogs all over the world celebrate it!!
Kaos

3:47 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We think that your Joey Palooza holiday should stand! You can't change history!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Why oh why must it be done away with?? I see no reason. This could further damage the economy. Joeypalooza must remain!!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

No way Joey!!! Joey Palooza it will always be! Stain those birth papers please!

Luv ya,
Lola Smiles

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Joey!
Given that Joey-Palooza has become a yearly tradition, or dare I say, a CULTURAL PHENOMENON, I think the chances of it ending so abruptly are slim to none!

(pssst...just to be on the safe side, take Sophie's suggestion about destroying the evidence!)


Smooches,
Winnie :-)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I don't think it should matter. JoeyPalozza should still go on

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
We have no problem knowing your real birthday but, we will have a problem without the Joey Palooza Holiday! There is no way we can live without it!
Don't worry Joey, it will stand!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:40 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Well, WE sure don't care about some stinkin' piece of paper!!! Joeypalooza is on! From now until forever! We hope the other news is as easy to fix as that was...

worried wags from the whippets

7:45 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Dear Joe...look at it this way, you are a few days younger than your mom thought. We think Joey-Palooza is more a celebration of you than of your natal day anyway, so we see no reason to change it. It kind of expresses your Joie de Vivre, your essence of cool, your sparkling personality.

Gussie

8:05 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Don't cry. You can have a birthday and Joey Palooza. Why not? Is there a law about this?

Deefor

p.s. Boy, Tanner was baaaad. Shocking! Arrow wants to know if he can get paid for being naked.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

It takes some sorta congressional somethin' or another to change a Howliday...so Joey P. stands as is...so don't sweat it, Joe!!! Frankly if ya wanna sweat something ya better figure out what Tanner is gonna do next...

Scruffy

9:13 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh no! I'm definitely with Sophie & Ruby! Joey Palooza will stand. There's no way you can change it. Maybe you can have two, three or maybe a week of Joey Palooza. Wouldn't that be even greater than just one Joey Palooza day? I think so! Who's with me?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:34 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh joey...i wish i could be there in your time of need. but luckily sophie is there for you...peeing on the paper is a good idea..but..ahow well do you know your parents...really..are you sure they didnt forge the papers to make sure you get ripped off...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Okay Joey...I have an idea...why don't you just extend the holiday? I mean, you can't just go and change something as important as a holiday! I propose that you extend your holiday from March 9th to April 9th! That more than makes up for this thoughful distress that you are being forced through!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

11:42 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

But Joey palooza is like Christmas you can't just cancel it. Chew up the papers.

Simba x

1:08 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I don't think this is something they can take away from you. They're the dummies who couldn't figure it out in the first place and set precedent. Humans ...
Ike

5:51 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

This evening joey.
It is splendid, there is a life, because of holiday.:)

from loved ume tyan

6:32 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Joey...I don't care what anyone says. Joeypalooza will live on!!

Sherman

6:33 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi Joey!
I hope you are feeling ok today - I don't think you should worry. Joey-Palooza should still exist, but the 9th should be a super extra-special day of the celebration!! (With even more celebrating and snackies and things....)
Love Clover xo

7:04 AM  
Blogger Sparky said...

They give you a holiday, then take it away! Joey-palozza must live on or a revolution may begin.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is your blog one of the bright spots of my day but you and Tanner are also very charitable. Thank your donation to Legacy Boxer Rescue!

Rhonda
your adoring fan

9:48 AM  
Blogger COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Joe, We thought Joeypalooza was a national holiday. It was marked on our calendar from the printer??

Say it ain't so. Say it will continue.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I'm sure you'll come up with something good, Joey, and I can't wait to see what you have to say.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Casper and pals said...

We say get rid of those papers!
Ever heard the saying
"The dog ate my homework?"

Well... ;)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Tag, you're it! Details at my blog.
Ike

5:06 PM  
Blogger Girl Girl Hamster said...

I think we should still keep Joey Palooza.

~ Girl girl

10:30 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Joeypalooza will always be a holiday. ALWAYS. It's an entire holiday *season.*

wally.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Oh, Joey. You'll get through this. And remember. There is nothing you can tell us about your past that will EVER change the way we feel about you.

As for GooberSTan, Joey Palooza is already a national holiday and it will NOT be changed. Papers be damned!

Goober love,
Stanley

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home