Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, May 02, 2008

the Show Me State

Instead of getting drunk I decided I would use Tanner's recently discovered talent to show me the Show Me State, Missouri!


We went while Mom was at work, don't tell. Tanner is not supposed to be flying!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tanner landed and said, THIS IS MISSOURI!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Um, dude, this is a BOAT, not a state? Turns out the ship is called the U.S.S Missouri, and we were actually in Hawaii! Dear lord Tanner, I hope you have some GPS!

Finally we ended up in Missouri and I asked Tanner to take me to the most famous thing in Missouri.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The World's Largest Pecan???? REALLY Tanner??? I am never letting the Doofus book my travel again. At this point I was getting kind of ticked off so he said hang and he would be right back!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SOPHIE! She sure doesn't look all that comfortable flying with Tanner but he got her there in one piece! Luckily her Mom has been busy with Taxes and films and was pretty tired today!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sophie said we had to go see the big Arch! We went there but I was more interested in Sophie, I was just telling her how nice she smells here, I was not trying to smooch her, I promise!!!

Finally we had to get home, but I had a nice day and I was glad to have spent the day in my home state with Sophie. I guess with Tanner too, even though he almost ruined the whole trip!

Thanks guys for making me feel better, you all said such nice things!

21 Stains:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOO missed the next prez of our great khountry!

Tubey is in the Show Me State!!!

BTW, if the poor PF's tried to hatch their eggs in YOUR state, they'd be khooked before serving!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Tanner! Tanner!
But, finally you had a great time there at your State. I am thinking the best part was that Sophie was there with you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:03 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hope you enjoyed yourself with the ladies. Tanner needs to study the map 1st before he starts flying to another state. I'm scared that if I ask him to deliver me some McD, he might fly to China instead.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:15 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a hoot that Tanner is! The world's largest pecan?! haha At least you got to hang with Sophie, Joey!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:52 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Watch out low flying doofus!

4:15 AM  
Blogger BrandytheGreat said...

Well, I;m pretty sure the world's largest pecan would be interesting! Well....isn;t it?

4:30 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

You should have flown on down to Texas - we would have had funnnn!

But I am so glad you got to see Sophie.
Did you stop by McDonalds?

4:51 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I've seen that arch it's pretty cool. Glad you got to spend the day with Sophie. Can't get much better then that.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, That trip was so much better than the vet. Does that mean the whole bum incident never happened? Does that mean I don't need to go on a diet?

I hope you peed on that pecan. I mean, what else can you do with a giant pee-can. ha ha ha

xo
SB

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Did you enjoy my city?? You should have called....I could have showed you the hot spots!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Hey Joe...
I was borns in Missouri too!!! But I don't remember much about it. Looks like you had a good day with your Sophie!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lacy said...

woof's joey and tanner, watt a fun trip u had and ya getted to see sophie too....me wood luv to c da squeerl that had dat nut...

b safe,
~rocky~

10:14 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Whoa...that state has the biggest Golden Arches in the world that we've ever seen...how the the McDonalds...the burgers musta been huge...I mean if that nut was that ginormous, the shakes must be as big as the Mississippi!!!!

Tanner loves you a lot Joe to take you back to ur roots!!!

Oh...and Gilbert says to tell ya that he, Sullivan and Foxy have their own cookie card for the cookie club...they all love the magic cookies with the m&m's....oh....they love klondikes too...did ur mom have an Isaly's when she was growin' up??? MMMMMMM!!! Loved those chipped ham BBQ samiches!!! Yes and mumsie calls it Gian' Iggle too...her Pissburgh accent is atrocious...

Love, Scruffman

PEEESS
Ur puppyhood in the petstore and all musta been awful...at least ya escaped and have a lovin' home now...kudo's to ur dad!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Cassidy said...

Me be glad you be feeling happier Joey. Me also be glad Tanner managed to get you home in one piece!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

1:16 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Hey! Did you see Muzzer in St. Loulis? She has run away again.

gussie

1:47 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey! Do not trust air doofus! I know it looks like fun, but you never know...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

You won't believe this, Joe and Tanner, but our servant just found your mom's note in OUR junk mail folder!!! What the hey??? Evil computer gremlins are trying to flustrate us!!!

wags from the whippets

6:28 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

I won't tell your mom that you guys flew the coop & visited Mo. Did you take in a ballgame when you were there? The CUBS played the Cards this weekend!

7:26 AM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Missouri!?!? You were right next DOOR! I wish you would have come here, too!
Yeah, Khyra's right - TUBEY'S the most famous thing in MO!
Play bows,
Zim

9:16 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

It's always nice to get back to your roots with the ones you love! I'm sure Sophie helped a ton in softening the effects of any emotional flashbacks you may have had.

Good thing Tanner loves to fly!

Goober love,
Stanley

2:09 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

Hi Joey!

That's soooo cool that Tanner can fly you all over like that! I think that giant pecan was sort of interesting.
I can't wait to see your future adventures!

Smooches,
Winnie :-)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home