Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tan Torkelson scares the whole family!!!

OMDOG guys it is Tan Torkelson and I have to tell you about what I did this week and why we have not posted.

Ok so like it was Wednesday morning and Mom said WAKE UP TANNER and I said I do not want to wake up. So Mom said wake up and she picked me up and I stood up and jumped on the floor and then I said NO and just laid back down. Mom said WTF?!??!

So then she noticed I was shaking and I couldn't lift up my little head and then she saw my neck was like 3 times bigger than it should be and she was like OMDOG and I had to go to that vet. The Vet said OMDOG he might have the Valley Fever OR he might have a ruptured disk. So they took some pictures of my neck and my insides and they stole my bloods. The pictures did not show any rupturation or weirdness in my neck so they gave me some ROIDS and some sweet pain pills and said we will see if he has that Valley Fever. and guess what...MOm had to wait til TODAY to find out that I DO NOT have the Valley Fever (if you don't know what that is you can google but its basically a stupid fungus in the southwest that makes you get infecterations in your lungs and can spread to your spine.)

SO I do not have the fever and I do not have a rupturated disk so I do not know what is wrong that my neck got SUPER fat and I was sadderest except maybe my brains got SO HEAVY from learning so much from that TV.

OMDOG so many words!!!!!!




So here is a picture of me suffering from ROID RAGE and here is one of Joey suffering from...




JEALOUSY because my brains are heavier than his!!!

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday and she said the best present is that I do not have the Valley Fever.




ALSO this is what life looks like on Pain Pills. LOLOL.

Tan Torkelson heavy weigh brain is OUT.

39 Stains:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo know what I always paw woo:

IT
IS
THE
HEAT
!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: That is khwite the pawesome gift fur your mom's Gotchaday!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Tanner! You just took five year's off your poor old mom's life what with swelling up and falling over. I sure hope the roids and stuff can fix you up and that you don't have Valley Girl Fever. Yuh, as if! Stay well, little friend.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:18 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Tanner, you are so funny. I did the same thing a few months ago. Sort of spaced. I did not eat and did not want to go out. They tested me for everything and I was fine. I got a nice day spa room at the VET! It only cost something like 600 bucks for the day! However, it didn't come with a masseuse.

I was better but managed to get about six days of bland diet and then chicken broth and riceables. Try that.

I am happy for your mom that you are better. Stop trying to do headstands. They eventually will make you crazy.

xo,

ernest basset

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Tanner!
Sure you gave your Mom a scary time!
I hope everything is ok with you!
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

4:00 PM  
Blogger pam said...

Oh man Tanner dood why you wanna scare yer momma so? Just so you could get the happy pills?

Hey I think Meja might have that Valley Girl Fever. She's been saying 'like oh Bobo go over and and like get my foodables like now!' sheesh!!!

Bobo

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

OMD Joey! That was a scariest story! We are so glad to hear that you are doing better and you didn't have that dreaded Valley Fever:) Take care of yourself dude and quit trying to learn so much stuffs:)
Ozzie & Rocky

6:04 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Tan Torkelson...did some bad spider bite you!

gussie

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hey Tanner, First thought we had was the same as Gussie's. A bite?? Happy Burpday to your Mom whose life I am sure you shortened by scaring the life out of her!
Glad you're ok buddy. Scooter is asleep and I will NOT tell him til tomorrow or he'll be off in a plane or car or space shuttle or something to check on you!
Whew
Hugs
Sunny

8:09 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh man Tanner, are you an addict? Have you been watching Nurse Jackie? Are you having an affair with the pharmacist? You are a mess and Joey is awesome. All is as it should be.

xo
SB

P.S. To all you folks who think I am being Sophreaking Mean, join Twitter and get the inside scoop.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Tanner...

OMdoG...You must have scared your Mom & Dad sooo much...

I'm glad you didn't have the Valley Girl Fever or some disc thing...

Please take all your meds (looks like you enjoy them, anyway)...And, try to watch reruns on TV - that way you won't learn anything new...

Abby xxxxxxoooooo

6:06 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Oh my dogness, what a scary scary fright you gave your mom!
Tanner we are so glad you do not have the silly fever we have never heard of!
Now if we google it we might develop symptoms so we will leave it!!!
We don't know if having a heavy brain is good or bad.
What happens, for example, if you go for a swim?
Do you sink head first!
Oh my goodness, you have given us so much to worry about over here in Scotland.
Please get well and stay well and take all the roids you need.
from your exhaused basset friends
Martha and Bailey xxx

6:54 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OMD,Tanner, your poor Mom and you - that must have been so scary. Glad the roids helped you out. We think you must have been bit somehow by a nasty spider or maybe a bee. Hope that doesn't happen again.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

6:57 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Tan,
We are so glad you don't have Valley Girl Fever or a slipped disco. Thank Dog! Be EXTRA nice to your mom today, cause she is still probably recovering from the scare you gave her.
Happy Birthday Mrs. Torkelson!

Sugars,
Mack

6:58 AM  
Blogger Peppy Sheppys said...

I am glad that you do not have valley girl fever. I will be looking out for my neck since I too have ENORMOUS brains and a wonky eye. Although I wouldn't mind another pain patch and maybe some roids though being ragey sounds awfully tiring so maybe I'll just take a nap.

Otis the Potus

7:37 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Jeepers.Thank dog you don't have the valley fever I've never heard of before or the disco thing. Having such a large brain is heavy going I know from experience. Hope your neck reduces but not your head Tanner. Wiry love Eric

8:01 AM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

Ohhh - scary! So glad to hear things are ok now. Your neck back to normal yet? Maybe it was a buggy or spider bite?? Or just a really creative way to get mom to buy you a new collar?

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

That is scawie...Tan-man...hope you are feeling better and glad you don't have 'the fever'...well at least not THAT type of fever!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

10:09 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I hope you are okay now Tanner

10:28 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

holy cow tanner....i am sure you will be betterest soon but you be careful of those roids....they make some people do some pretty freaky things.....

11:39 AM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

So sorry to hear that Tanner...but glad its not valley fever! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Love,
Winnie and Lilly

12:58 PM  
Blogger C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Hi Tanner,
So glad you don't have that bad fever or rupturated whatevers... Hope you are feeling totally back to normal now!
And happy birthday to your mom!
xo

1:52 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Tanner, you gave us a fright matie. That fever thingy doesnt sound too good. I wonder why your neck got so big so suddenly....

Noah Willow Tess Lucy - prisoners in the kennel

2:12 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Holy crap, Tanner! That's scary stuff! We sure hope the meds work and you're back to your old self!
Happy birthday to your mom! Are you and Joey going to bake her a cake?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:20 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

HOLY CANNOLI TANNER!!!!

I'm so glad you don't have the VALLEY FEVER!!!!

Do you have DANCE FEVER?

FRIDAY NIGHT FEVER?

I hope you are feeling better on those ROIDS & that your neck gets better so it can support your gargantuan brain!!!

Love & Licks,
Randi

5:42 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

PS.

HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOUR MAMMA!!!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

We're glad you're fine, Tanner.
Happy birthday to your mum!
Joey and Jack

6:12 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I was pretty nervous for you, bud!
Ike

6:20 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

We just want you to be OK, Tanner!
Love,
Ammy

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are fine Tanner. You are way too adorable to not live until at least 15.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Poor Tanner... we are glad it isn't Valley fever or ruptured disk and you are on the mend. Hmmm.. does it mean whatever you have learnt from the TV is leaving your brain??

Oh wow.. our mom took some pain pills last week cos she went to the dentist and she was walking around all weird.. NOW I know why!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Whoa, Tanner! This sounds terrible and I hope you are better with each passing day. Sounds like a bee bite or a spider bite to me, too. You have scorpions there in AZ, don't you? Another bad bite guy! Just take it easy and get well!

Happy, Happy Birthday to Joey and Tanner's Mom Rhonda! We wish you the very best!

Kisses,
Stella

5:24 AM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

hayhayhay. ok anok. u iz mi twinnerer! u haz tu beez okeedokee. I wuz runnin owt that dore wen mom seded STOP. He iz ok. it wuz prolly a bite,she dided tolded me she efen did tawk wif ur mom an she dided tol hur u wuz ok anok. hayhayhay, i lufs u man. u iz mi bludz! watcherest owt fur bitin bugses. sheesh.
ok anok godda go. i wil wates fur ur transmishuns.
Happe burpday to ur mom.

ok anok,
scooter owt

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

HOLY MOLY how scary! Glad to hear its not those super bad things but hoping it all gets figured out soon

2:53 PM  
Blogger B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oh WOW yu had me worreed I hope yu ar OK!!!!! I think maybe yu needid sum berfday cayke. I hope yor Ma got yu sum! If I had noen I cud hav sayved yu sum ov mine, but it allreddy had to be cut 20 ways. Tayke it eezy an don't shayke yor hed off!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

SO glad you don't have the fever! It must be your big brains. For sure.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kitty+Coco said...

On the upside, you can now blame any weight gain on the roids. Joey can marvel at your beefy self. I agree that it sounds like a spider bite. Spiders are crawly monsters from hell. General fact. We think you had better take it easy for a couple of days to be on the safe side.
Sighs (Kitty), and Snorts (Coco)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

OMD Tan Man! TOTALLY SCARY!

I'm so glad you are ok now!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

OH man Tanner, how's the neck size (or rather, brain size)? Has it gone back down to normal yet? That was SuperSCARY stunt you pulled you know??? I hope you won't scare you mom into WTF again!

On the other hand, life on those happy drugs are sure nice eh?

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

5:47 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Tanner...for Petey's sake...nuthin' like scarin' the crap outta us??

Are ya ok???

I know you doing code freeze, but update soonest and let blogland know you're alright...

Sheesch...

Love you and tons of healing Lacie kisses...

Scruff and Stan send pawslaps...

Miss Laciecakes

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home