Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

1000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS HERE! This is my 1000th post! Pop the Champagne, start the music!!! This is the very first picture I posted on my blog on December 11th, 2005!!



We started this blog a long time ago after Mom started posting to a community on Live Journal called "Boston Buddies". Lots of people liked my posts there and encouraged me to have a blog, so I did. Then I met the DWB people and it has been the coolest experience any dog could ever dream of. You guys are all the best. Please enjoy this video of old and some NEVER BEFORE SEEN photos of me. Yes, ME, not Tanner. Tanner has his own day and that is NOT today. But I did let him celebrate with me at the end of the movie.

1000 posts from Rhonda Yount on Vimeo.



Ok guys, now it is time for you to leave your comment with your favorite memory from my blog. Some of you already have on other posts and Mom will try to get those entries but to be safe you are better off leaving it again on this post because she is old and sort of losing her mind more and more every day! We will pick 1 winner and they will receive a fabulous prize.

I want to thank every single dog, human, cat, hamster and creature who has ever even read my blog once. If I made you smile, all of these posts have been worth it.

Mom said Tanner has to be in this post and she is going to pick her most favorite photo ever on our blog...

Invaders from planet terrier
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM NOOOOOOO You can't post this AGAIN!?!

Well, I guess that is what we have been doing for 999 posts, making you guys laugh!!!

62 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

JOEY!!!!! My favouritest ever post is when you said you loved me, but I so know that will be the winner so you have to pick someone else. I also totally remember the post when the tree fell down, because that was weird and scary.

xoxoxox
SB

8:34 PM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

dam this was hard... real hard but if we had to call out a single post we call out '4 years of tanner' 27th august 2009 as a favourite, this post made us laugh so much we cried. why we love you guys? its simple really...

O md
N imble
E xplosive

T ricky
H iliarity
O pps
U h-oh
S mart
A ttitude
N uts
D oofus
T enacious
H umerous

P layers
O riginal
S pirited
T errific

we love you guys!

congrats on your one thousandth post, we look forward to tons more!

loves and licks!! doyle and mollie, b & c.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00fs, me is confused, its sunday i thought and ur 1000th post thingy said saturday..hmmm

b safe,
~rocky~

pps me will b back to give ya me favorite..

10:05 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

WOW!! That is impressive! I love that picture, too, but I'm sorry for you - LOL!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

WOOT! My favorite ever post is the poop painting post when you poop printed the new couch cover. I laughed and laughed. My second favorite is when you introduced The Stain Award because I won.
Ike

12:45 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

we liked the one from 1/28/09. Tanner was growing his dot (which thankfully went away), you were sporting Troy hair, and you had a bag of Pittsburgh Tortilla Chips, and the Super Bowl was about to be won by... the Steelers!
Your pals, Morgan & Maisie

1:12 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

PEE-ESS: We totally forgot to say we liked your mom's video, and congratulations..1,000 posts is quite impressive.
M&M

1:17 AM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

It's easy. Our favourite posts are the ones where you Joey & Tanner are having special cuddles with your dad. Your dad reminds us of B. Burley blokes cuddling with their pups...its awesome.

Congrats on your 1000th post maties. It really is a fantastic blog. Well done on making so many of us smile.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy x

2:37 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post! What a great video!
One of our very favorite videos was when Joey was stuck in his shirt in the Tan not so Dorkelson post!
That will remain one of our very favorites! There is no doubt that you guys have one of the best blogs ever! You always make us smile!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

3:02 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

OK, this was totally super hard. I searched for a post you did sometime in the past with you going insane cracker dog totally since we must have watched the movie about a gazillion times, but I couldn't find it. Sob.

So I am choosing the post from February 16, 2009 because I think it simply sums you up. I especially like the tip on sticking your tongue up your mom's nose. I will need to try that.

Slobbers,
Mango

4:06 AM  
Blogger D.K. Wall said...

Congratulations on 1000! We just passed the 500 mark and can only imagine getting to 1000!

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our favorite memory will always be when you and tanner destroyed that tv pillow. we still talk about that often.

love you!!!- even tho you don't love me (tanner does!)- missy

5:28 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

What a cool video! Does this mean Cowboy Pig will be celebrating with you today?
Anyhoo, our most favoritest post goes way back (Since we have been reading your blog before we even had one of our own).
It was when you were showing us your sketchbook of various stains you have made around the house and ones near the TV. I mean, who knew Bostons could draw that good?
Congrats on # 1000 and making us smile !

5:46 AM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats, Joey, on #1000 = am amazing accomplishment. We have so many favorites, it is really hard to pick a favorite. But since you make us laugh so many times and THAT is a very good thing, we picked your Semi-Wordless Wednesday from July 22, 2009 as our favorite. You were so very much in need of a can opener with your stash of beans lined up behind you. The look on your face is priceless.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

6:23 AM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

My favorite post is the Tanner yard duty day on Sept. 27, 09. The picture of Tanner with his eyes on the front and back yard is too funny! It makes me laugh just thinking about that picture!
Peace out,
Winnie

7:02 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Happy 1000aversary!

My favorite blog post of all time of yours is from 05/25/2007.

http://joestains.blogspot.com/2007/05/lickie-tags-us-for-celebrity-look-alike.html

Joey, even Samuel L. Jackson could see the resemblance!

7:33 AM  
Blogger JavaGirlBT said...

I love your blog - all of it. My favorite post is any post with a picture of a stain that you made or some other dog made.
-Java

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Jari and Brutus said...

Hello! Brutus Rygel and I enjoy your blog so much!! He is a ten year old rescue Boston who brings so much joy to our lives. Now Joe and Tanner do too--they have become a fun part of our lives as our family has to check in on their adventures every day :-)!! My all time favorite blog was the one that had a secret video of Joe enjoying "butt scritches"--a quiet moment but (pardon the pun) full of love!!! Thank you for sharing your family with ours.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Wow 1000 posts! You go Joey! That is phenomenal:) Our favorites have been the posts featuring you and your most bestest friend ever in the whole wide world, Cowboy Pig! We always had to calm Mom down when you did those posts because she would laugh histerically! Keep on keeping on---we love what you do!
Ozzie & Rocky

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Joey! I LOVED that video. Your blog ALWAYS makes me laugh, and I love you for that!!

I posted this on an earlier entry, but my favorite post of yours was when you awarded ME the Stain Award! WOOHOOO!!!

HAPPY 1000 posts!!!!!!!!

Love, Pearl

8:33 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Congratulations Joey! Your blog is the BEST and makes me smile each time I read it!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

What is wrong with these dogs? Don't they remember the post where you said you loved me? These dogs are clearly suffering from amnesia.

xoxo
SB

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 1000th!!!! Wowza, we're just coming up on 300. Can't believe we'll ever see 1000.

Okay, we're mixing up the rules here. Previously we mentioned our favorite post was Joey going undercover in Russia. And that is our favorite JOEY post.

But since fair's fair, we have to pick our favorite TANNER post and that was when he read the dog catalog to us. That was hilarious!!!

You've made us laugh countless times and our blogging experience is so much more fun because of you two crazy boys. (Plus you were my co-star in Beagadoon and a groomsman at my wedding Joey!)

Here's to the next 1000!

Your pal,

Petey

9:09 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

It is too hard to pick an absolute favorite because I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! BOL!
Anyways, though, I can pick two of my favoriteS--#s 500 and 501. That was some fun and funny stuff, and I really like the pictures of you with Cowboy Pig.
Here's to 1000 more! And I'm glad you didn't get blowed away by that tornado.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Koobuss said...

Congratulation, guys, on your 1000th post! That is quite an accomplishment. You could be very proud of that.

You are right about what would be my favorite post. I love your water bottle episode from last week. That was great! The videos are hysterical. I can empathize with poor Tanner since I, too, love water bottles. None of my hundreds of toys crackle like the water bottles. I wonder why. Anyway, you guys are doing a super job.

I also like your refrigerator decorations in the background. What wonderful taste!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

pee ess My mom says that you are to be commended for your staying power. She knows how tough it is to maintain your originality. I just passed my 400th post, and sometimes I think my mom is almost outtta gas when it comes to her creativity, and 400 posts isn't even half of what you've done! That's fantastic!! You guys are great! Once again, congratulations!!!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

joey...my favorite post when you told sophie you love her...what a moment for an aged lady such as myself....I am sure there are about 999 more that i love just zs much...but i am going to stick with that one.....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

My favorite one is the tanner post about the stains you left not to long ago :) it was very funny to read his impressions of what you had done!

11:14 AM  
Blogger pam said...

Our most favoritest bestester greatable post is the one where we discovered you Joey! You've been making us laugh ever since. Thanks!

Bobo and Meja the SharPei puppers

11:18 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
I cwacked open the champagne and toasted you..you have given us endless houws of pleasoowe shawing youw life. It's been one of the bestest things in my life, knowing you, laughing wif you. I went and looked at youw posts goiong all the way back and I couldn't pick..thewe wewe just too many that i adowed..Pleez keep posting anothew sevewal thousnd times
I love you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

1:13 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I think it was the one where Sophie had your love child and woo moved to Paris....


Oh wait, that one didn't happen YET -

Then I'm going to be lame and say THIS ONE bekhause it is all the khool things ROLLED into one!

Plus, this one inkhludes the inkhredibly pawesome khomment from doyle and mollie!

KHONGRATS your pawesome work despite having your brains khooked each time woo go outside!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kapitein Haakje said...

hi
where El'bow & Hauwii
we found your bloggy on Mango's blog

OMG! your 1000STe post!
super!!

kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Hey Big Joe...Congrats on hitting the big 1,000!!!!!!

All your posts are our favorites!

Yer pals,
Sketcher and Angel

2:51 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Many congratulations on your1000th post!!!!
We are just so impressed that you have managed to keep on blogging making us all laugh for all those posts.
We have had a look back and so many posts made us smile we really couldn't pick a favourite. We did like the whole South African adventure but we will pass on having a favourite.
Well done!!!!!
love
Martha & bailey xxxx

3:22 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Congratulations! Thank you!!!! Always make me snort with laughter and Mom howl like a hyena. Or is it the other way around? Whatever. Here's to you both and your leggeds. Cheers!

Wiry love n kisses Eric xx xx

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Big Pupi said...

My favoritest ever in the world post of yours was about your garage that you were going to open - complete with those sassy garage-wearing duds. If it weren't for you I would currently be unemployed. But thanks to your kindness and trust in a fellow canine, I make a good living and I get to play with my stuffy drill every day. It's a win-win for me. I don't know why humans complain about work so much!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Ya ha yippty dooda..par-taaaaa
Benny & Lily

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

You guys always manage to make my mom smile!!! She loves you two!!!

I think her favourite post was of Doofus dressed like a pimp! or something like that!

7:00 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

Well, this is tough. We've been thinking about this ever since you posted about the contest. We love you guys and we love your blog. We have to go with your first post, since that started it all. Call us sentimental if you must - but we're just so thankful you're blogging!
Tail wags,
Storms

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Mommy and I like like the post in October 08' where y'all gave all those candies out to doggies. We thought it was very cute and generous.
Sally Ann

7:28 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Congratulations Joey!
I love all your posts because you make me and my mom laugh a lot!
But if I have to choose one... I loved
http://joestains.blogspot.com/2007/11/get-that-camera-out-of-my-face.html
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:40 PM  
Blogger Duffy said...

Wow, 1000 posts! Congratulations! My sissy Asta introduced me to your blog almost as soon as my mom brought me home and I have to say, I (and my mom) have had many, many falling-on-the floor laughs reading it. I love your enthusiastic Steelers posts, including the curly hair pic. And cowboy pig is a favorite. But most of all I love your many crazed expressions. Keep on making us smile.
Luv,
Duffy

8:20 PM  
Blogger Lacy said...

w00fs, heehee betcha thought me furgotted...me didnt...my favorite is from dec 7, 08, when u awarded me, Stella and Hershey, the prestigious stain award.. we love u 2's bloggie here, if anyone is ever in a bad or sad mood, all they need to do iz come visit here...always (except for sad times)..good fur a pawsome belly laugh...congrats on ur 1000th post...

b safe,
~rocky~

8:21 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Joey...my favorite post was when you said you adored me and wanted to go on a DATE. Huh? That never happened? Oh...

Honestly, we don't have a favorite...there are too many...

We love you all and yes, not only have ya made us laugh, you've made us pee on the floor from laughin' so hard...


Congrats on that 1000th postie...

Kisses,

Scruffy, Lacie and Babystan!!!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Course that last hoooge stain ya made with the poop ranks right up there!!!!

Lacie

8:38 PM  
Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post. I'll have to think about my favorite post and get back to ya.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

PS.....loved the vedio!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Congrats on your milestone!! That's lots of blogging...good job ;) Hmmm...there are so many great posts. It's tough to pick a favorite. I liked the posts about you watching your Steelers play. The post in Jan 2008 when your team lost showed your passion for the game. I have to say that's my favorite, though it was a sad day.

9:22 PM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

Wow! !,000 posts is beyond impressive - it's a ginormous accomplishment!! I'm pretty new here, and just spent like 45 minutes perusing many prior posts, trying to find one to call my favorite. Can't come up with just ONE, although the Christmas Stains posts is pretty impressive (glad to finally see what makes YOU you, after all). Still have to laugh at Tanner's Frenchie impression recently (as if the doofus could ever measure up to the wonderfulness of being a bulldog), and love the one about the Fart Club (I SO want one of those shirts!). Hope that's not too much, but at least you know we looked!!

Congrats again!!
Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

9:40 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Happy One Grand Post, Joe! My Mom was without a dog, found your blog, loved it and decided to get a dog which is ME. We kept reading and my Mom said, we can do this, Stella, lets have a blog like Joe (maybe not Like your blog but you know what I mean.) So we did and we still love to read your blog and love every one of them. Our favorite is always the Last One we read!

Heres to you and the Doofus lasting at least another 1,000 posts or more!

Kisses,
Stella (and her Mom)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Khady Lynn said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been 5 years, and 1000 posts!!! I think my human woman will be dead before I get around to posting that many times!

You guys are such a riot! You always succeed in making us laugh! We love reading your posts. Keep up the wonderful job!!

Holly and Khady

10:57 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joey its dennis the vizsla dog hay heer it is the 1000th post!!! wow i hav enjoyd so menny of yore adventchers i am not shoor if i cud pik just wun thing!!! but i seem to remember this summer yoo put up a pikcher of an in-n-owt burger burger mmmmmmm in-n-owt burger!!!! ok bye

11:11 PM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

A thousand posts! Wow! Amazing! Awesome! Incredible! We wish we'd known you all along ... you've made us laugh till we cry, giggle till we wiggle and smile till our cheeks hurt. There's no way we could pick a favorite post. It's impossible. We'd be picking out of a hat. So... suffice it for us to say "Congratulations! And we're glad we'll be around for the next 1000!"

Love ya Boston Terriers,
Jake and Fergi

(Pee esS. Whatever happened with that Car Shop? We're needing it again. Times twol)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Chef said...

Joey, I'm so glad I found you two because you always make us laugh. I remember one post that was especially funny - when you got your Thunder Jacket. Tanner was wearing his reporter clothes which was a hilarious picture. Then he followed you into the bathroom to interview you and he called you the shaking dog in the bathroom and a sissified nancydog. Then he asked you where people can buy one for their baby dogs. And you, big guy, were talking about how it showed off your muscles! It just cracked us up!!

So congratulations on 1,000posts. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to your next 1,000.

xo
Chef

P.S. That post is tied with the one when you told Sophie you love her.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Clyde and Levi said...

Hi Joey -

We love the saga of the doofus dot. Those posts were too funny. We can't believe that he is not covered in doofus dots!

Your friends
Clyde and Levi

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

well not sure when or exactly what the post was, possibly just the name of your blog, Joe Stains, attracted me to you.

Because I remember well I had just produced some remarkable stains, never to be forgotten in the history of dogs. Except, I had no idea where to bark about my Stains.

Then we saw the name of your blog on other dog blogs, and I thought to myself.........this is a dog with a blog and some stains I need to meet and measure up with.

Sadly, you are still The StainMeiser, but I follow your teachings, Joe, I follow in your stain steps.

I cannot remember the exact posts of yours, which made me laugh so much I stained things around here even more, but there were many. And many more stains.

from me.

Good luck with your choosing, I know I won't be a winner (I never win anything!) but I just love your blog, and knowing that some other guy, has stained well - possibly the champion Stainer.

We have carpets, floors and furniture, stained beyond recognition, but your stains are just JoeStainable!

love and licks, your pal with the whisky.....

Marvin xxxxxxxxxx

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Marvin said...

a stained comment there, was meant to read "stainmeister" not "stainmeiser".....

if you stain well, you certainly ain't a meiser! or miser!

time for my bye byes, my stained brain is tired as can be.

x

2:39 PM  
Blogger The WriggleButts said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! We're finally catching up on blogs.. We've loved your blog for years, but we're thinking that the "what you're really like" post was our favorite if we have to choose.

B

2:53 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

Darling boys of course we are per usual late in posting....BUT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Listen having to pick our favorite post is a bit daunting....I mean you boys ALWAYS make us laugh..AND it is nice to know that others are in the same situations with their brothers if you read between the lines...so I agree with all the other..it is really hard to pick..however we really love the post of Tanner getting hambergs and dropping them off. and of course ANY post with you in your stud macho bike outfir rules too...Love A+A

7:02 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

PS and the post where you say you love Sophie....Love A+A

7:02 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We always liked the one of you hugging the toilet bowl during the storm. It really showed your sensitive side.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Dude you expect us to pick just one? That is so hard. Though when you poop the couch was good and all the stain ones are at the top of the list. But of course seeing our boy with his Tanner and Tuesday chuzzles on your blog was the best for us.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Notes by Nina said...

AWWWH! You're a pro at this bloggie thing! That was quite a lovely video you posted! I look for ward to your blogs!

:) keep 'em comin'!

Much love,
Nina

5:24 PM  
Blogger Archie said...

Congratulations on such a great achievement! I love reading your blog Joe, and look up to you like an older brother!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home