Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Joe knows weather...

Since Tanner insisted on posting pics where his blubber kept him nice and warm, I thought I would show you the really GOOD things about the weekend up north.




When we found out we were going I was very excited.




When we got there the fire got started and I was joyous!




Tanner was happy with his stupid corn too.

But then the sun went down...and it got COLD...like LESS THAN 30 DEGREES cold!!




Thank dog for down comforters! My gram knows I need them to survive this extreme weather.




Even little lardbutt had to have a sweatshirt. And that is a sweatshirt MY SOPHIE got me and I even let him wear it. I am SO nice.

During the day it was kinda warm, so I could go on guard duty...




Gramps makes a perfect perch. It was his birthday this weekend so I didn't even fart on him.




As it got warmer I was so generous I even let Tanner rest his foot on me.

But then it got to be night again...




And I began to worry I would freeze to death...




Tanner just wanted to be pet and to watch the Eagles DVD.




Dad assured me I would NOT freeze, we had a big fire and lots of down comforters.




So I survived, but BARELY!

26 Stains:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

THAT'S IT:

Woo must khome to Khamp Khyra!

I'll toughen up your BT Butt!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

6:04 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Ah Joe, we are so glad your Gram has lots of comforters. Teka says hoomans give off warmth, and so you should just velcro to a warm hooman, get under the comforters and enjoy it.

gussie

6:23 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Poor Joe! Glad you had all those comforters to keep you warmerest. Looks like you dogs had loads of fun anyways!
Ozzie & Rocky

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Oh Joe, so glad you had those comforters!!! Grams are so smart to be prepared for the cold!! You looked so cozy all curled up in the comforters!!

~Kisses~

Lilo

6:39 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

I LOVE that picture of you and your dad! The second to the last one?!? That's outstanding!
Play bows,
Zim

7:08 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Joey,
I sleep on a heating pad sometimes when it's cold. Perhaps, you should invest in one.
Sally Ann

7:44 PM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

You look nice & cozy there at the end, Joe! Glad that you are not frozen solid up there in the firgid north! That pic of you rolling around by the fire - we've stared at it for the longest time & still cant figure out what the heck you legs are doing!!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

7:48 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I'm so glad you didn't die. Have you gained any weight on your new food?
Ike

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

That picture of you in front of the fire is priceless. I also love that first picture and that picture of you letting Tanner rest his foot on you and all those other pictures too.

xo
SB

8:00 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Glad you had the fire and all those comforters to keep you warm there!
I hope your Grandpa had a great birthday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

9:35 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Well its a good thing you live in a hot part of the country. Imagine if you lived up north where it snows lots. Looks like you had a good time and we're glad you didnt freeze to death.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

9:41 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We just love your "very excited" picture, Joey! Too bad the temps had to drop so drastically for you!
We're glad you didn't fart on your grandpa on his birthday!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

2:36 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Sounds like a sort of Outward Bound kind of adventure to me. You were totally roughing it.

Slobbers,
Mango

3:29 AM  
Blogger Tee said...

You should consider moving to our neck of the woods ... cold doesn't exist here!

Great funny pictures by the way. We had a good giggle.

The Dog Woods Pack

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey looks supercute in that worry picture. And Tanner is such a baby.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

We love comforters too when it gets that cool. We live in the south, so to us 50 degrees is pretty cold BOL! Glad to see you survived the frigid north!
Peace out,
Winnie and Lilly

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so thankful you stayed warm! We can't have your cute little self getting cold!
Hugs,
Sitka

9:58 AM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

woah joey those are some yoga moves in the second piccy arf arf warming your butt...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

love you warming your butt on the fire..

2:21 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Thank dog for comforters at the grandparents. You know how much we love the cold, Joey - but we understand it isn't for all pups. But Joey, what was going on with you in that pic in front of the fire? Do tell.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

6:32 PM  
Blogger Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

What fun, but cold, trip!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

8:48 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi, Joey...

I'm glad you survived the Artic Nites in Northern Arizona...

I'm with you...I hate cold...I hate snow...& I LOVE sun...

Abby xxxooo

6:49 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Joey, what you need is a summer wardrobe (your storm jacket) and then a winter wardrobe. Which would have ski pants, boots, ski jacket, long underwear, mittens,handwarmers to wear inside your mittens, mad bomber hat, a long scarf to wrap around your neck and head,and oh yea, maybe a pint container of good brandy. So when you go someplace warm just take your storm jacket in case of bad weather, but when you go cold, get your luggage out and fill it up with the warming gear. Sometimes when its real cold you can't walk with all your gear on but other times its OK. Hope this helps, Joe.

Kisses,
Stella

2:22 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

Thank goodness for fire that's all I can say! I hope your grampa appreciated the present you gave him!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Peppy Sheppys said...

You look so happy warming your butt by the fire. We need to get a butt warmer installed in our house.

Otis the POTUS

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home