Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This is a post about POOP

So if you have been reading the blog for a while you might remember that I have had a couple of different kinds of dog food over the past couple of years. I have also been to the vet several times because I just cannot seem to digest anything right and I have really bad poops. The vet stole my blood and ran all kinds of tests (twice) and everything came back perfect. DUH, I am about as perfect as you get?! But this did not make Mom happy because I was still not digesting and I was going to the bathroom a billion times AND I was starting to get too skinny. So Mom said ENOUGH?!?!?

Mom said NO MORE DOG FOOD FOR YOU JOEY?!?!!!!




Dad and I were like WHAT?! (Notice Tanner is having NO issues with maintaining his um plump figure, talk about a wide load...I am surprised he doesn't beep when he backs up)

Anyway. So I thought Mom was going to let me STARVE to death or something, but then she told me she was going to figure out what was making me sick. So she made some brown rice and gave me that for lunch with some sweet potato baby food. Well, guess what... I MADE A PERFECT POOP...




ON THE CURTAINS! But, Mom was so happy it was a normal poop she really didn't care. You have to realize it had been weeks since I had a solid poo. She was so happy. So she slowly started introducing other stuff into the rice and veggies and determined that Chicken made me sick, Fish was kind of ok, but BEEF was a total winner!!

Mom was so incredibly happy. I mean, look at how skinny I am...




I hope you all love my shirt, Sophie got it for me! I know I look pretty muscular here but really my waist is TOO skinny and Mom can feel my spine and my ribs stick out. Mom gets so sad looking at me sometimes.

So I have been eating raw beef for 5 days and I have great poops. So now Mom is going to work toward getting me a totally nutritiously balanced diet.




So far I get beef kidney or beef stew meat. She also made dog friendly beef broth for on my breakfast of rice and carrots. She ALSO made me a big thing of beans in the crock pot. AND I get fish oil. Once we figure out what all I can eat that doesn't upset my tummy, we will go to the vet to be sure I am getting all the right stuff I need. Mom is also considering giving me raw bones, but she is kinda nervous. So all you dogs out there that get them, tell her I MUST HAVE THEM. Because I REALLY want some :)

The only BAD thing about all of this is I don't make stinky farts any more. Even with the beans I get at lunch everyday, NO STINKY FARTS. WTF?!

Oh well, if anyone has advice for Mom she would really appreciate it. Oh, and Tanner is still on his ultra-premium fancy dog food and veggies. He could eat a hockey puck and still have perfect poop.

So that is my good news. I am on a pawesome home made diet and can't wait to gain some more weight back! So you know this means GIANT STEAKS FOR EVERYDOG for JoeyPalooza!!!

43 Stains:

Blogger Gus said...

Joey! Your mom is such a super cook, we are sooooo jealous. Ya know, if she feeds the same stuff to Tanner, he might get skinny, because it is all better and less fats than doggie foods? MMMM, otherwise he will be UNHAPPY!

Lucky Lucky Lucky Dog

gussie

7:24 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is fantastic news, Joey. We had noticed in some of your recent pics that you were looking a bit thinner. There are lots of pups in blogger land that feed raw so maybe they can steer your mom to some good sites for helping find that balanced diet. We so hope this works for you. Good luck.

Woos, Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

7:35 PM  
Blogger doyle and mollie said...

aw man you've got your momma totally under your paw- way to go - tell her the raw bones are fine as long as they are marrow bones we get our butcher to chop the ends off, if we have a lot we sometimes can get a bit constipated... we also LOVE raw red cabbage
with a drizzle of yoghurt - loves and licks

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sally Ann and Andy said...

Joey,
Please tell your Mommy to be careful. A friend of Mommy's told her that her dog who had tummy trouble went to a doggie nutritionist to plan out her doggie's diet. Also, tell Mommy that the canine kidney website, as they have many great recipes.
Sally Ann

7:41 PM  
Blogger BRUTUS said...

WTG Joey!! I can't decide if I'm relieved or disappointed that you didn't include a picture of the perfect poo....

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

7:42 PM  
Blogger Winnie and Lilly said...

Good for your mom! Our lady makes homemade food for us everyday. She puts a little dry kibble on top, but not much. We mostly get oatmeal, beef and veggies. Sometimes oatmeal with eggs and veggies...oh and cottage cheese, and raw carrots, but no raw bones for us yet!
Peace out,
Winnie and Lilly

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Awesome Joey! Mom really wants to know about these beans. What kind of beans are you eating?

xo
SB

8:02 PM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

my three are one their way for steaks! Glad you figured out what was making you sick!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

That is great news Joey:) A couple years back our mom cooked for us too. She had read that this special diet helped dogs w/seizure disorders. It didn't really make a difference in my seizures and Ozzie & I finally stuck our noses up to it so she quit cooking for us. Good luck and we hope you find just the right thing to get you in top shape!
Rocky

8:40 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Those marrow bones should be pawesome fur woo!

They were the furst 'raw' things I had - Mom watched to make sure I was okay - and I was!

Now, she's even giving me OTHER yummy raw things - I know woo khan't have it BUT I have a pawesome drumstikhk again today!

And yes, we are suprised no perfekht poo on the post!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Are woo sure it isn't the heat?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Sure your poop news are the best!
Glad your mom found the perfect meals for you!
I am sure your Vet will aprobe it and you will eat forever homemade yummy food!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:53 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

This is just the best thing for you, Joe. I just sent your Mom the name of a great canine nutritionist who can help her too.

Good luck, Joe!

Kisses,
Stella

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

We are super happy that you make good poops now! We totally love the shirt...for what it says and how handsome you look in it.

Get Pegetables at Petco...they gave me such bad farts momma would have to make me go outside will I stop stinking.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

10:32 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

OMD! You are totes skinny. One major problem with home made food it that it's a lot of work to make it nutritionally complete. My mom recommends adding a commercially prepared supplement to the food. And this is a link to the book that all the vets recommend and use.
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Prepared-Dog-Cat-Diets-Alternative/dp/0813821495/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1267081531&sr=8-1
Ike

12:06 AM  
Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Joey,
Congrats on producing the perfect poop... our mom says she knows how precious (??) perfect poops are because Hershey goes through phases of diarrhea which lasts up to a month and it'll go away as suddenly as it appeared. It's kind of a mystery cos her food hasn't changed.

Sorry can't offer any inputs on the raw food part cos our mom is nervous about it too... we do get Omega 3 fish oils as well as acidophilus and slippery elm (for Hershey).

12:12 AM  
Blogger Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

we are so happy to hear about your nice poop! maybe your mum already tried this, but we have been having good poops since she started giving us a packet of Purina FortiFlora every day. Also, check in with Johann's mum - she knows lots about food and poop.
your pals, M&M

12:49 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

yippeeeeeeeeeeee - you know that I'm on a homemade diet and I'm just lovin' it, Joey! No advice from us, though, cause mine is a kidney diet.
You are going to have one heck of a Joey Paloooooooooza with your new diet!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

3:10 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Joey! That is a wonderful story with a happy ending. You are eating like a king now for sure. Your mom is most persistent.

Sorry about the farting. Have you tried broccoli?

Slobbers,
Mango

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joey! Looks like your mom is doing the BARF / Raw diet...there are tons of web sites about it if your mom wants to get more information...and Honey the Great Dane (who also has a blog) is on the raw diet and her mom is always willing to answer questions about it.

Keep on poopin man!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Joey is super thin. He needs to beef up,

7:12 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

That is awesome that your mom is making you such nutritious meals, and you are making good poops! You look like a skinny body-builder in your shirt.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Okay we read some of the comments. Watch out for marrow bones. They can give you the poops (and not the good kind) plus you want to add more then just marrow bones. Tell your mom kidney is considered an organ so if you are getting a lot of that she might want to up your stew meat to a bigger percentage then the kidney. Bones are good so make sure you get some of those. Tell your mom to remember that over thinking this is going to cause her stress and she doesn't have to make every meal complete and balanced. It's balance over time just like with humans.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Stanislaw said...

Welcome to my world, dude! I had the same problem and the only thing that made my poops normal and put weight on me were raw feastings.

Tell you mom to keep in mind that dogs really can't process whole veggies or grains and they just come out the other side. The fiber does help poops, though. But the nutrients are lacking and dogs really need a diet that consists mainly of animal protein.

And if you want to try bones, go for a chicken neck first. They are super easy to get through and small. And vitamin E with the fish oil will help you absorb it better.

A great introductory article: http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/raw-diet/

Email me with any questions!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

There is the Barf Diet for dogs raw food, I f you type it in your search engine you will get it up. I have had to feed some foster dogs on it. You have to freeze everything first to kill any germs. If you look it will explain it.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

STEAKS? Oh man...

Scruffy starts drooling...

I've had the runs for two days and I didn't get no stinkin' raw beef.

Nope...she JUST STOPPED GIVING US GREENIES...sheeshch...

She had just started them...now she stopped...that like stinks.


You might wanna read the brilliant poem I wrote and check out Lacie's new outfit on our bloggie..

She seems

REALLY MAD.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA...

Works for me...

Pawslaps on poopin' on the curtains...tell your mom to just hang valences...can't angle that high...

Scruff

12:34 PM  
Blogger Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Tanner seems um PLUMP.

Maybe he's been eating all of your food?

12:35 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

This is such great news! Our mom thinks our poop is a window to our health... so it's GREAT that you're pooping so well now! Way to GO! Even on the curtains. Ha roo roo roo.
Play bows,
Zim

4:22 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You are one lucky doggie Joey to have your Mom waiting on you hand and paw. You are looking good on your new diet.And that small waist big chest thing you are showing off has all the girls gagging Joe. Even better if you wear it wet.

Wiry wags n love Eric xx

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/ed_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats certain types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
will not cure herpes infections; it will remedy the sores restore faster and eschew to relieve the pang or discomfort.
Occasionally acyclovir is given to improve enjoin the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I ascertain my healthiness distress provider in the vanguard I take this medicine?
They need to identify if you be suffering with any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological blight
•kidney disorder
•seizures (convulsions)
•an unprecedented or allergic response to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•pregnant or disquieting to receive in a family way
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]buy Zovirax online by codcheapest Zovirax online [/url]
order Zovirax saturday deliverybuying Zovirax without a prescription
[url= ]Zovirax perscription on lineZovirax buy fedex [/url]
Zovirax cod shippingovernight Zovirax
[url= ]cod Zovirax for saturdayZovirax free consultation [/url]
buy Zovirax without a prescription onlineZovirax xr online
[url= ]Zovirax on line cash on deliverybuy Zovirax online consultation us [/url]
cash on delivery online prescriptions ZoviraxZovirax overnight fedex
[url= ]Zovirax pharmacy cod saturday deliveryZovirax without prescription overnight shipping [/url]
order Zovirax without prescription from us pharmacybuy Zovirax with cod
[url= ]Zovirax cod no scriptuy Zovirax for cash on delivery [/url]
pharmacy Zovirax no prescrptionZovirax online overnight delivery cod
[url= ]online us pharmacy ZoviraxZovirax cheap no membership [/url]
prescription Zovirax codwhere can i buy Zovirax no prescription
[url= ]Zovirax free overnight fedex deliveryZovirax no rx cod [/url]
Zovirax without rxZovirax free shipping
[url= ]no prescription required for Zoviraxnon prescription cheap Zovirax [/url]
Zovirax discount fedex no prescriptionZovirax cod saturday delivery
[url= ]Zovirax without a prescription or doctorpurchase Zovirax uk delivery [/url]
buy Zovirax without rxZovirax deliver to uk fed ex overnight

7:03 PM  
Blogger Joey said...

fresh food are the best! esp if they are raw!
Get your mum to let u have the huge beef bone (raw)... it will guarantee to remove all bad tartar.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Teddy said...

Wow Joey, you're so lucky to have such a good chef for a mom! She will definitely get you pooping and plump in no time!

8:43 PM  
Blogger -The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

A word from Mommy-Marlene -

Hi Joey's Mommy,
Cosmos had a bad stomach when he went to his Mapaw foster home. They said they tried all kinds of dog food. And, the only one that worked & he didn't have a loose tummy was Canidae dog food.

We're glad sumthing is workin fur Joey's tummy.

-da boyz, Cosmos & Juneau & Mommy-Marlene-

9:40 PM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

hello joey its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow mama mayks me and tucker and trixie fud too she yoozes beef and stakes and kidneez and harts and wotnot it is sooooooooooooooo gud yoo ar going to luv it!!! ok bye

11:16 PM  
Blogger ♥ Tiffykins ♥ said...

We are so jealous!!!! Wish mom would cook for us!Happy to hear she found a way to make you have normal poops!

Kali

3:38 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Joey
You awe soo lucky to have such a fantaboolous Mom, I mean making you goowmay eatables wow..it'a like the wich hoomans wif pawsonal chefses. I hope you keep having pawfect poops and gain those weights. I can give you some extwa punds if you want..Mommi and I bof need to get wid of some wieghts.
I think you look soopew hot in that Tshiwt sophie sent you..she has such excellent taste
smoochie kisses
ASTA

1:55 PM  
Blogger Peppy Sheppys said...

BONES RULE! We eat them a lot and even sissy-stomached sissy can handle them. So I hope they work for you. And we LOVE our beefs. Especially beefs hearts.

OBST

3:37 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

HAY!! Welcome to our world!! We have ours cooked though! We get sweet potato and veggies(cooked) and turkey and bison and beef .We get the itchies from chicken and diarrhea from raw bones so those are out...Arch developed some stupid grain allergy so we used to get rice and oatmeal but not any more. We also get sardines sometimes ( in water)and egg and a scoop of goat yogurt( the vet said it is the easiest to digest) with each meal...Make up a big batch and figure out how much for each meal and then make a pattie and freeze it..This seems to help make it easier...And check out this site as well.http://balanceit.com/ Love A+A WE LOVE TO EAT AND OUR POOPS ARE GREAT(unless something extra gets in there like ahhhhh I don't know pencil or knitting needle or something..)

9:17 AM  
Blogger the TN Bull Terrors said...

WOOHOO! Hurray for you! Raw foodable is the best! DawgMom says you can have bones, just make sure yer Mom don't cook them first. Tell her let you have them raw. We get big marrow bones for just chewin on, helps clean our teefs and we get deer legs when the hunters are out huntin deers, we get chicken bones too, but since you can't have chickie, guess that's out. DawgMom will check wif some of our Bullie friends' Moms & see what other bones you can have.
YAY FOR JOEY!

11:21 PM  
Blogger the TN Bull Terrors said...

DawgMom says this is a good place to look too
http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#Balance

Feather, Darla, Pappy, LizzaBelle & Skippy the Foster Dude ^..^

11:27 PM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

Not that we're complaining. But can we come live with you? We think we love your moma. And we're sure we'd love your BEEF!

Happy to hear your poops are improving. Too bad about the farts, though.
Jake (and Fergi)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Toby said...

I get raw bones and my poop is pretty good and I don't fart. Is this convincing enough?

11:58 PM  
Anonymous valtrex said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about This is a post about POOP

3:05 PM  
Anonymous citrate sildenafil said...

I really like this write! I enjoy it so much! thanks for give me a good reading moment!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home