Joe Stains

This is the blog of an angry old boston terrier. (and his little brother Tanner who gets to post every Tuesday)

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving fun times!

I hope you guys all had a GREAT Thanksgiving. We sure did and we are STILL totally tired.

We went to my Gram and Gramps' house and they decided to try and plant some stuff...




I watered the plants and then kicked this stupid mulch stuff all over the yard and patio. Gram was sort of not amused, but I was just trying to help!




Then our human cousin Jameson showed up. She was pretty cool but I was real busy so I didn't spend a lot of time with her.




Our new human cousin was there too, but she just slept a lot. She is SO tiny!!




Tanner loved Jameson. Here she is trying to share her drink with him but that drinky cup didn't work out too well for him.




Of course all cousins were forgotten as soon as the turkey came out of the oven. We got several bites, OMDOG it was so good!




After dinner the Doofus and Jameson were hanging out again. He kept telling me I should really hang out with her more, but like I said, I was busy. I had to stare at the turkey carcass in case it decided to jump off the counter. (Note from Mom - Joey literally sat in the kitchen for an hour and a half staring at the counter.)




Jameson was SUPER in love with Tanner like WOAH.




If I did this to him I would be in SO MUCH trouble! I can't believe what the little guy endured...then I saw this...


Tanner was right, I SHOULD have been hanging out with Jameson. She fed him a million Teddy Grahams!!! Next time, she won't be able to get rid of me if this is how she treats her friends!!

I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for including every single dog and human who reads this blog.

21 Stains:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Joe, I am so impressed that you sacrificed yourself to stare at the turkey carcass. It is so often an under-appreciated job, but obviously Tanner does not have the skill or focus for such huge responsibilities. I am once again, totally blown away!

xo
SB

9:32 AM  
Blogger Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow Joe, I can't believe Tanner had inside scoop about that little human. No wonder he hung out with her.
Happy friday,
Benny & Lily

10:41 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I thought Doofus was working to reduce his figure?

Are Teddy G's on his diet?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: We are disappointed your photographer didn't get any shots of woo mindmelding with the turkey kharkhass!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Jameson is really growing! I think Tanner got the better deal hanging out with her.

11:51 AM  
Blogger The Oceanside Animals said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joey! I can't believe Tanner didn't let you in on the little side deal he had going with Jameson!

12:00 PM  
Blogger The Army of Four said...

TEDDY GRAHAMS!??! She fed him TEDDY GRAHAMS?!!? How do I get on her friends list?
Maybe you could train your new human cousin to feed you turkeys or something. You mentioned she sleeps a lot - is she part Siberian? Ha woo.
Luv,
Dave

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

We gotta agree with Tanner on this one Joe! That kid sure is alot cuter that any old turkey carcass, lol...
Ozzie & Rocky

1:01 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Joey, you and Tanner were sooooo cute with these little humans!
We enjoyed looking at your Thanksgiving Day pics and wished we could have been there - if only for the turkey!!!!
love and kisses
Martha & bailey xxx

2:04 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

The Teddy Grahams sure looked yummy! We think we would have been hanging around Jameson too!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

4:58 PM  
Blogger ♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We had fun watching that turkey carcass too, Joey, but we got really lucky and had lots of turkey added to our kibble. We even got some more tonight. Teddy Grahams are pretty good too, so next time you might want to divide your time between the turkey and the kiddo.

Woos, the OP Pack

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Joey!
Glad you all had a pawesome Thanksgiving!
Hmmm... no carcass for you and lots of treats for Tanner! Something was not right there!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

7:45 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

So much for Doofus, huh?
Ike

9:29 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

At a family dinner, Joe Stains sat and observed the turkey carcass in the kitchen while Doofuss and Jameson had fun together even eating Teddy G's?

Wait a minute, here, Joe. Were you aware of sitting and being entranced over a turkey carcass for an hour and a half? Maybe you need to see a counselor and I suggest you don't wait too long. Tanner has pushed you over The Edge!

Kisses,
Stella

10:16 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Pretty confusing family dynamics. How were you supposed to know that peewee human was a treat machine and not an ear pulling tight hugging in your face little monster? Besides, some of that turkey already flew off the counter into your mouth, so why not the whole thing?

Happy Turkey Day

Mango

6:02 AM  
Blogger wally said...

Joe, Good job protecting the turkey from potential vultures and other scavengers. I hope you were rewarded with the carcass in its entirety.

That little Packer looks pretty cool. The little ones are always handing over food, dropping it, etc. They're neat that way.

wally t.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

We KNEW there was something behind that unrequited love!! Love A+A

10:03 AM  
Blogger TwoSpecialWires said...

No wonder. Just think, though, if Tanner gets fat, there's a good reason. (What happened to the diet?)

Happy weekend after!
Love
Jake and Fergs (who finished off the pie)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Aw, dude. You missed out on Teddy Grahams? They are awesome!
Glad you guys had fun, but make sure to stick with the little gal next time.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

4:40 PM  
Blogger Sunshade said...

I know you don't like gurls much Joe, but you know, you and I are very much alike! I would have had the focus and patience to wait for the resurrection of the turkey carcass too! That hooman stinky was cute, but like you, I think I would be busy too given the same situation.

I guess STINKY and Tanner just don't have the patience and focus like we do! Tho things did seem to work out for Tanner in this case, he did get to eat a lot......r u ok?

ps. mum forced me to say this, this did not come from me. SHE SAID and I QUOTE: Awww....Tanner was SOOOO sweet and SOOOO patient with Jameson. Great boy for kids! UNQUOTE

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joey and Tanner!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Now are you ever going to pop over and pick up your award? It's a Thanksgiving leftover now!

Your pal,

Petey

7:05 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving Joe! To you and your family.

Sorry we are late commenting, lots being going on here in Marvin Towers.

My J saw a wee dog who looked just like you, he was on The Dog Whisperer, she just lurves Ceasar!

lotsalicks, Marvin xxxxxxx

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home